C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

fog light.....DIY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 12:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63 AMG
fog light.....DIY

I searched google and didn't find a video with instructions on how to change the light bulb on the fog light of our cars; although, other c-class videos exist. Can anyone show me the "light?"
Old 03-17-2016, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 Presidential Ed. (sold), 08 C63 (sold), 09 C300, 03 S55
I recently fit mine with CREE LED bulbs that were actually meant for headlights. Can't remember exactly which type they were, but they did not fit. I ended up doing a "custom" job involving a little epoxy and zip ties, and they've been perfect since I installed them in January.

You have to take out 3 or 4 screws from the black covers underneath. I folded mine in where it meets the tab on the wheel well cover and that held it out of the way perfectly. That opens it up and the next thing you'll see under there is the fog light housing and the bulb/wires. You can be a little more in-depth than I was and remove all the covers underneath, as well as the wheel well cover to give you much more room. You then turn the bulb housing counter-clockwise and it should pop out. You can pull the bulb out from there and swap in a new one. I just unplugged the whole thing and installed the CREE's since they have their own housing. I'll try and get some pics later.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63 AMG
What black covers have screws? It can't be done from the front?
Old 03-17-2016, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 Presidential Ed. (sold), 08 C63 (sold), 09 C300, 03 S55
Not to my knowledge, no. The screw in the front is for aiming only. I learned that the hard way years ago. You have to go in from behind the fog light housing to replace it. Underneath, just under the fog light, you'll see a black cover with screws, 3 I believe. Remove those and bend that thing out of your way as best you can. That should give you enough clearance to pop your hand in and undo the light housing. From there, there might be a zip tie that you'll want to carefully cut, and that will let the housing drop lower to give you more wiggle room to get that bulb out and swap in the new one.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:42 PM

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
2009 c63
Here ya go... more than you need, but has pics and details of how to remove bulb housing.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...g-housing.html