Sponsored by:

H-pipe and X-Pipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 03:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Development Package
X for sec cats H for resonators

Any more info on this? I want to do X pipe for secondary cats and H pipe for Resonators.

do you guys think it will retain AMG bark and introduce a new sound?

I am trying to find videos of Secondary cat deletes with x pipes and stock resonators, because the stock resonators have a semi H pipe.
this might give a better idea of what the sound would be like. but no luck...
Old 05-04-2017, 10:19 AM

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts
2009 C63 P30, 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8(RIP)
Originally Posted by C63AMG11
Any more info on this? I want to do X pipe for secondary cats and H pipe for Resonators.

do you guys think it will retain AMG bark and introduce a new sound?

I am trying to find videos of Secondary cat deletes with x pipes and stock resonators, because the stock resonators have a semi H pipe.
this might give a better idea of what the sound would be like. but no luck...

your current reso that you have in place, the one that actually produces that AMG bark has a little secret......IT IS AN H-PIPE ALREADY!!!!!!...not a "semi h-pipe, but a full on balance tube that connects the two chambers together... if you x-pipe the secondaries it will totally change the sound of the exhaust due to the fact that unlike an H-pipe(which works to BALANCE out the exhaust pulses) an X-pipe produces audible CANCELLATION as it is merging the exhaust streams against each other. I have run about every conceivable scenario on the c63 exhaust system and without question the best configuration i have found is secondary cat delete, leave reso in place....but as that was not quite the volume that i wanted i also have deleted the back boxes which to me sounds PERFECT!!!....the only caveat to this is that you will have to replace the tips as the ones on the factory back boxes you wont be able to reuse. not too quiet, not too loud until you are above around 3500rpm, wicked bark and spit on startup(ESPECIALLY cold start), and spits and pops just right on downshifts.