MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Boostane Octane Boost-Tried and Tested (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/632270-boostane-octane-boost-tried-tested.html)

kjkidd21 10-20-2016 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD (Post 6865454)
First come, first serve on the offer. Let's just make the only stipulation that it must be a modified car.

We are ready to do the test on someones car from the form.

Did anyone ever take you up on this?

There are a bunch of people calling BS here and this guy is literally offering to run 3 baseline dynos, give you the product for free, and then run 3 more dynos. There has got to be someone in the area that can spare a couple hours and do this to prove whether or not this product truly works or not. Someone step up to the plate here - let's go.

Mazspeed 10-20-2016 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by kjkidd21 (Post 6946941)

There are a bunch of people calling BS here and this guy is literally offering to run 3 baseline dynos, give you the product for free, and then run 3 more dynos. There has got to be someone in the area that can spare a couple hours and do this to prove whether or not this product truly works or not. Someone step up to the plate here - let's go.

He's just promoting. I'm sure he had no intentions of doing this test because it would never work.

Staff@WORLD 10-20-2016 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by kjkidd21 (Post 6946941)

Nobody every took me up on the offer, you would of thought someone would.

Originally Posted by Mazspeed (Post 6947311)
He's just promoting. I'm sure he had no intentions of doing this test because it would never work.

You're in California, why don't you come and do it, Maybe you just think that I won't really do it because I'm just promoting.

Until you actually hear of me blowing someone off, then you can say something. Now seeing how you haven't heard of me blowing anyone off (because that's not what I do) you should keep those types of opinions to yourself.

Maybe you should test me and see if I end up putting my foot in my mouth. I'm not worried about it so come on down and lets test your car......

kjkidd21 10-20-2016 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD (Post 6947470)
Maybe you should test me and see if I end up putting my foot in my mouth. I'm not worried about it so come on down and lets test your car......

There's the offer, Mazspeed.

He just called you out. See if he's a man of his word - I am betting he is.

Mazspeed 10-20-2016 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD (Post 6947470)
Nobody every took me up on the offer, you would of thought someone would.

You're in California, why don't you come and do it, Maybe you just think that I won't really do it because I'm just promoting.

Until you actually hear of me blowing someone off, then you can say something. Now seeing how you haven't heard of me blowing anyone off (because that's not what I do) you should keep those types of opinions to yourself.

As you can tell from my profile, I am in Northern California. I am not going to drive 350 miles to disprove your product.
First off, it's impossible that your little can is going to up the octane enough in a tank of gas to make 30hp in a modified car. It's not going to happen.
I use to race cars for years and spent countless amounts of money and time and research on getting the very last bit out of any of the cars we raced.
Now, if you have a car like mine or many of the cars here on this forum, putting California gas 91 octane in your car is your baseline. 15 gallons. Now if you split the tank with sunco 100 octane fuel, say 7 1/2 and 71/2 of 91, you get around 95 1/2 or so octane in your car.
You may get around 10-18hp difference, maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less, but that's 7 1/2 gallons of race fuel to get those octane levels.
So are you telling me that your magic can will make a full tank of 91 go as high as 95-96 octane or higher to get the higher power numbers so that your knock sensors will allow for more advanced timing?

This is what I think of your sales tactic.
:bs:

You're no different than the guy saying that his Royal Purple product will decrease engine temps on the race track by 30 degrees and the other idiot that was saying that his goofy spacers added another 30 hp.
Do all you guys come from the same bull**** factory together? Maybe you can weasel a few sales here and there, but you're not getting your snake oil by me pal!

Mazspeed 10-20-2016 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by kjkidd21 (Post 6947593)
There's the offer, Mazspeed.

He just called you out. See if he's a man of his word - I am betting he is.

Yeah thanks, I already know the answer to this question. I don't need to drive 350 miles to do it for a stupid forum post, but why don't you do it? While your down there, you can check for yourself if he's man enough.

kjkidd21 10-20-2016 11:48 PM

I live in Minnesota, so, yeah, definitely not driving to California.

Internet tough guys like yourself crack me up though. No one asked you to be a F***** D***HEAD. It's a car forum, Mr. Keyboard Warrior, take it easy.

Mazspeed 10-21-2016 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by kjkidd21 (Post 6947678)
I live in Minnesota, so, yeah, definitely not driving to California.

Internet tough guys like yourself crack me up though. No one asked you to be a F***** D***HEAD. It's a car forum, Mr. Keyboard Warrior, take it easy.

It's ironic that the guy cursing at another is the one complaining about someone else who didn't do it to them in the first place. Irony at it's best. Or worst.

fu03steve 10-21-2016 02:50 AM

I typically don't enjoy hating and judging of others. That's why, I'm hardly on the forum nowadays. I will take on the offer. As heard, reputation of World Motorsports is quite decent but since they're offering, I don't mind it. Plus, my car is somewhat modified; just a little bit :naughty: I will call first before stopping by Monday of next week. It would be a drive for me to get there from IE but why not try it out when World Motorsports is so generous on the offer.

World Motorsports, if product is great, I will have to take some home.

fu03steve 10-21-2016 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mazspeed (Post 6947659)
Yeah thanks, I already know the answer to this question. I don't need to drive 350 miles to do it for a stupid forum post, but why don't you do it? While your down there, you can check for yourself if he's man enough.

We all drive 350+ miles to Las Vegas for sh*t and giggles. Why not to a shop to get free dyno and receive some free expensive boosters?

Mazspeed 10-21-2016 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by fu03steve (Post 6947753)
We all drive 350+ miles to Las Vegas for sh*t and giggles. Why not to a shop to get free dyno and receive some free expensive boosters?

I don't drive to Vegas, or LA. I'm old enough that I don't want to spend 8 hours in a car anymore. Maybe in my youth.
The thing is, I can get a free dyno here. I could buy a can of this stuff and go to my friends shop and do it there, but I know what the result will be. And I would fell like an idiot for wasting 2 hours instead of 20. I'm sorry, but a 12oz can of octane booster is not going to have enough liquid in it to boost octane to any number that would boost power. It just won't.
The only way it could help any, is if you had 1/2 gallon of gas in the tank and had a boosted car running 87 octane. Then maybe for one pull on so little fuel, that the can was able to boost octane more than 6 or 7 points, then maybe.
But with 15 gallons of 91 that little can is going to do absolutely nothing. If you google test results and reviews of the best octane boosters you will see that they do nothing other than cleanse your wallet of money.

Mazspeed 10-21-2016 04:19 AM

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/fuel-...ng-comparison/

Staff@WORLD 10-21-2016 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by fu03steve (Post 6947747)
I typically don't enjoy hating and judging of others. That's why, I'm hardly on the forum nowadays. I will take on the offer. As heard, reputation of World Motorsports is quite decent but since they're offering, I don't mind it. Plus, my car is somewhat modified; just a little bit :naughty: I will call first before stopping by Monday of next week. It would be a drive for me to get there from IE but why not try it out when World Motorsports is so generous on the offer.

I will see you on Monday.

MB_SD 10-21-2016 04:01 PM

:popcorn:

Adi-Benz 10-21-2016 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by MB_SD (Post 6948267)
:popcorn:

*Grabs seat next to him*

kjkidd21 10-21-2016 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by fu03steve (Post 6947747)

I'm not going to lie, I am a bit skeptical myself, but I salute you for taking this on :y

If I lived within reasonable driving distance, I certainly would have done it. Looking forward to seeing the outcome!

gaspam 10-23-2016 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mazspeed (Post 6865083)

If you believe the OP you will believe this.

2 Enzyte Commercials - YouTube

sounds like you are angry cuz you got burned buying those pills thinking they would make your pp bigger:)

I for one have never heard of enzyte until now because i never had a need to research bigger pp pills :) maybe now we can understand why you're always so negative and bitter :rolleyes:

Mazspeed 10-23-2016 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by gaspam (Post 6949771)
sounds like you are angry cuz you got burned buying those pills thinking they would make your pp bigger:)

I for one have never heard of enzyte until now because i never had a need to research bigger pp pills :) maybe now we can understand why you're always so negative and bitter :rolleyes:

Ahh, the third grade comeback. No mom jokes? So of course your small mind comes up with something like that. I make a comment about 2 ridicules products in comparison, and your little brain feeds your fingers to type that as fact that I bought one of them due to having a small penis. :crazy:

Thanks, your shallow and dimwitted mind was on display for all to see. You should have stuck with fat mom jokes or something along that nature. :loser:

SuperFastYo 10-24-2016 02:20 PM

Devils advocate here: Can't I just add like 10% e85 to my tank from my local gas station and achieve the same thing?

EDIT:
Patiently waiting for Maz to come back with the results. When are you supposed to go down for the test?

Mazspeed 10-24-2016 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 6950563)
Devils advocate here: Can't I just add like 10% e85 to my tank from my local gas station and achieve the same thing?

EDIT:
Patiently waiting for Maz to come back with the results. When are you supposed to go down for the test?

E85 would do the trick, but I don't think our cars can run it. I am sure there is a conversion kit for such a thing. Maybe.

I have no reason to go down there. As I said before and if you look at all the octane booster reviews online, they will all tell you the same thing I am. They don't work as advertised. Putting in 100 octane full would be the better way to go. You could pour 2 or 3 gallons of 100 and above to achieve 95+ octane which is about the best at where a NA car like ours can handle. Even running 95 is not going to get you more than 10hp, maybe a little more, but this bottle of magic beans this guy is peddling is not going to give you 30hp like he says.

looney100 10-24-2016 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo (Post 6950563)

EDIT:

If your base fuel is E10, 10% E85 would put you at ~18% ethanol - far beyond the 10% limit Mercedes advises.

fu03steve 10-24-2016 11:01 PM

Postponed to World Motorsports

For those of you whom are waiting for the results of Boostane, I failed to tell you that as a proud Californian. My car refused to operate under rainy weather. World Motorsports did not deny of my visit, I was not able to take the car there. I will take the car there next Monday. Standby guys, unless someone else has already tried before my arrival.

Staff@WORLD 10-25-2016 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by fu03steve (Post 6950954)
For those of you whom are waiting for the results of Boostane, I failed to tell you that as a proud Californian. My car refused to operate under rainy weather. World Motorsports did not deny of my visit, I was not able to take the car there. I will take the car there next Monday. Standby guys, unless someone else has already tried before my arrival.

Next week does not work for us, we will be at SEMA all week.

fu03steve 10-25-2016 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD (Post 6951061)
Next week does not work for us, we will be at SEMA all week.

Right right! Totally forgot about that. I'll try to go this Thursday afternoon if that works. I'll be at No Fly Zone on the 5th. Want to see if I can make more power.

Staff@WORLD 10-25-2016 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by fu03steve (Post 6951072)
Right right! Totally forgot about that. I'll try to go this Thursday afternoon if that works. I'll be at No Fly Zone on the 5th. Want to see if I can make more power.

Call me first, we might be stressing to get our SEMA builds done because they have to be on the way to SEMA by Saturday.