Repair Marathon....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 03:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 C63 w/PP, 2014 ML63 AMG w/PP
Repair Marathon....

Hey guys so here is the story on my 2013 C63 P31 Sedan,
2 months ago the 63 went in for the lifer/adjuster/cams TSB repair. The car would make the noise on start-up only and go away in a second or so. I get the car back from repair and the ticking is now constant. I drove the car thinking once it gets worked-in and possibly heated to operating temps it would be fine. A few days go by and ticking is still there constant regardless of temp or how I drove. Took the car back and my SA gave me a loner on the spot and took the 63 (luckily the work order was still open). In the past 1.5 months they have no idea why it is still making this noise. They have been contacting AMG in Germany via email and this back and forth is just taking forever. They have pulled all the parts out that were replaced and taken pics to send back then they had to test various operations and specs of the motor to which they had to order some sort of special tools as the dealership claims they did not have them, every other day was some excuse or another. I finally told my SA that this is just taking too long, my patience is now warring thin, and that they could have just replaced the motor or even had it rebuilt from the ground up in this timeframe. He agreed and said he will tell that to the shop super and dealership manager. Got a call back from my SA later on saying they have scheduled a call with AMG Germany, shop super and the dealership manager later that day to get to the bottom of this. Got a call today from my SA that AMG Germany has advised them to replace all the "new" parts they had replaced in the first place because they were the wrong parts (not sure how). I have been told I should have my car back in a week or so as they have to order the parts and put everything back together then test.
So once all this is done and I get my car back (hopefully repaired correctly) should I be asking for any compensation or anything for them taking this long? Not sure what the protocol is here as I have never had a vehicle in for repair this long. Not the service I expect with and AMG.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:11 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
I had the same work done to my car about a month ago. It took about 3 weeks to get everything done and replaced. My car doesn't make the ticking noise at start up or while its warm anymore. I drove it for 400 miles so far.

I didn't ask for any compensation because in my case I knew I had to wait for a bit and I was given a loaner. But I would ask for compensation and to even extend their warranty further because installing "wrong parts" into the engine is very critical. But don't get your hopes high, Mercedes are the worst when it comes to corporate customer service, at least compared to BMW.