Sponsored by:

2009 C63 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 12:58 AM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2012 C63 P31 sedan
Originally Posted by teepster
i mean for an expensive performance car you wouldn't think you would have to shell out $10,000+ in repairs from the head bolts, intake manifold, engine/tranny mounts, valve buckets.... for such an expensive car (when purchased new) it sure does have alot of problems and faulty parts.
No, what you've got is a seven year old car that was dumped by the first owner after being driven a ton a lot and now has deferred maintenance to deal with...which is the car is priced so cheap.

I wouldn't buy a car that was throwing codes. If it has codes now that means they were probably there when the car was traded in which leads me to believe the car was not well taken of. The PM stuff (headbolts, control arms, etc) you don't have to do....you asked and those were the recommendations.

Last edited by realjones88; 08-24-2016 at 01:01 AM.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
Originally Posted by realjones88
No, what you've got is a seven year old car that was dumped by the first owner after being driven a ton a lot and now has deferred maintenance to deal with...which is the car is priced so cheap.

I wouldn't buy a car that was throwing codes. If it has codes now that means they were probably there when the car was traded in which leads me to believe the car was not well taken of. The PM stuff (headbolts, control arms, etc) you don't have to do....you asked and those were the recommendations.
yes i know it is a 7 year old car. things like control arms, engine mounts... yes these are PM type items which are fine.

however all i am saying is HB are a cost that should not have to be borne by the owner for a faulty/defective item that MB should cover. however, don't matter, it is what it is and i'm sure every MB C63 (09-11) owner has accepted this matter.

i appreciate all the responses, recommendations and help from everyone on this forum.

i am still on the fence about the car, will take it for a test drive later today or tomorrow and make the final call.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:03 AM

GLK350
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
The "technically" lower arm is actually called a cross strut by MB. Absolutely nobody makes an aftermarket replacement.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...all-joint.html

The "technically" upper arm I think is called a torque strut by MB or something like that. Other suppliers (lots of them) call it a front lower, but that one is not the problem child.

with regards to the front LCA, is there a tell tale sign that would be evident if this was going? or best to put it on a lift and visually inspect?
Old 08-24-2016, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,587 Likes on 935 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Jack each front wheel up off the ground independently and see if there's any left right play.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:01 AM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2012 C63 P31 sedan
Originally Posted by teepster
however all i am saying is HB are a cost that should not have to be borne by the owner for a faulty/defective item that MB should cover.
Why? It's a 7 year old car with 90K miles. You can't expect Mercedes to cover this engine forever. You seem to be under the impression that every pre facelift car is a time bomb that will blow if you don't do the headbolts. In reality, it is in the single digit % of cars that have issues. In this particular car assuming they were not replaced they clearly are not defective.

If you choose not to purchase a newer car this is one of the potential risks. If this maintenance stuff is an issue I don't get why you don't spend a little more and get a better car, maybe even a 2012+.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,587 Likes on 935 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Why? It's a 7 year old car with 90K miles.
Because it was a design flaw that was corrected partially through 2011 production.

It's also a potential safety issue. Imagine hydrolock in the center lane of a 10 lane hwy...
Old 08-24-2016, 10:07 AM

GLK350
Why? It's a 7 year old car with 90K miles. You can't expect Mercedes to cover this engine forever. You seem to be under the impression that every pre facelift car is a time bomb that will blow if you don't do the headbolts. In reality, it is in the single digit % of cars that have issues. In this particular car assuming they were not replaced they clearly are not defective.

If you choose not to purchase a newer car this is one of the potential risks. If this maintenance stuff is an issue I don't get why you don't spend a little more and get a better car, maybe even a 2012+.
i never said it was a ticking time bomb. just more of a piece of mind type thing. if i were to purchase the car, the HB replacement isn't a sure thing i'd do but a consideration. and with regards to cover the engine forever, MB never covered the HB ever for that matter so not sure what you're getting at.

and when you say spend a "little" more for a 2012+ i don't think i would consider double the price a "little.

all i'm trying to do is my due dilligence prior to purchase and there has been alot of good advice i've received.

obviously at the end of the day it's up to the purchaser to test drive the vehicle, do everything he can and take it for what it is.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:11 PM

C 63 AMG 2009

http://m.nettiauto.com/mercedes-benz/ml-63-amg/8036785?vifAdCount=4&vifNav=Y

270000km no problem. 👍 It is MB Best or nothing.