C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

First time (potential) Merc owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 05:17 PM

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts
C63 AMG - LSD
First time (potential) Merc owner

Hi everyone! So I'm another former BMW guy possibly converting to MB on a budget. My BMW will still be my daily driver but I wanted a fun sometimes car with some kick to it. Hence why I am here! I have found a 2009 C63 AMG which I will be looking at on Thursday (http://www.californiacarcompany.com/2009-MercedesBenz-CClass/Used-Car/Brea-CA/8082470/Details.aspx). Can anyone give me a couple pointers on what to look out for, what can I reasonably expect to talk the dealer (price wise) down to, also if this deal is even worth my energy. I'm on a couple forums (the370z and e90post as SgtGoldy) and am looking forward to becoming part of this community!
Old 09-05-2016, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
Originally Posted by SuperFastYo
Hi everyone! So I'm another former BMW guy possibly converting to MB on a budget....
a lot of people have a hard time putting those 2 (MB & budget) in 1 sentence especially on an AMG.

but here are some of the most important links youll need to make a wise decision. goodluck and hope to see you on an AMG soon!

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-stickies.html
Old 09-05-2016, 05:43 PM

C63 AMG - LSD
Originally Posted by beejAMG
a lot of people have a hard time putting those 2 (MB & budget) in 1 sentence especially on an AMG.

but here are some of the most important links youll need to make a wise decision. goodluck and hope to see you on an AMG soon!

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-stickies.html
I guess that's why I'm willing to look at an 09 lol. Yea it's a bit of a difficult search but I'm hoping I can find what I'm looking for. The sale I posted in my original post seems too good to be true which is why I am a bit apprehensive. The dealership has good reviews which I like. Tha kk for the link! I'll read up
Old 09-05-2016, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Lol at the Brabus shift knob and pedals (prob why the price is higher). Def check out the classifieds on here, a couple of members are selling their C63. I would jump on those before looking at dealers. At least you know that the car has been taken car of. GLW the search.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:56 PM

C63 AMG - LSD
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
Lol at the Brabus shift knob and pedals (prob why the price is higher). Def check out the classifieds on here, a couple of members are selling their C63. I would jump on those before looking at dealers. At least you know that the car has been taken car of. GLW the search.
Yea I have no idea what Brabus is, and if he's trying to get more money because of two insignificant aftermarket parts then I'm going to use that in the negotiations.
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely give the classified section a look.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Brabus is basically the most expensive aftermarket company to MB.

Also -- with regards to MB on a budget -- the key is to maintain it. Don't stretch out the fluid intervals an extra couple thousand miles, get the tires done, etc. etc.

I also think it should be a common practice to set aside $2-$3k when buying a PFL c63 (08-11) so you can just get the updated headbolts done and not have to worry. I understand that the problem is so limited, but it is a well documented issue and if was me buying it I would just want the peace of mind.

As for the car you posted, I would knock the dealer on the wheels (terrible) and the front seats. Drivers bolsters are a little worn and the passenger seat has some divots.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:39 PM

C63 AMG - LSD
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Brabus is basically the most expensive aftermarket company to MB.

Also -- with regards to MB on a budget -- the key is to maintain it. Don't stretch out the fluid intervals an extra couple thousand miles, get the tires done, etc. etc.

I also think it should be a common practice to set aside $2-$3k when buying a PFL c63 (08-11) so you can just get the updated headbolts done and not have to worry. I understand that the problem is so limited, but it is a well documented issue and if was me buying it I would just want the peace of mind.

As for the car you posted, I would knock the dealer on the wheels (terrible) and the front seats. Drivers bolsters are a little worn and the passenger seat has some divots.
Thanks for the help with the dealer. I know those wheels and they are terrible (not in just looks). Last I heard they were sued by Works Wheels for copying them like a stamp. Shady company, so shady product imo. I have a lot of aftermarket parts on my BMW and since I'll be turning her into a commuter I plan to sell all my after market parts to fund the headbolt change.

I really appreciate everyones input so far
Old 09-05-2016, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
For that budget, in California, I would much rather have this car:

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...-31-500-a.html
Old 09-05-2016, 06:48 PM

C63 AMG - LSD
For that budget, in California, I would much rather have this car:

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...-31-500-a.html
Thanks purple! I was actually just looking at his post. My only issue is the test drive and seeing the vehicle. My job doesn't give me much time so I prefer closer sales. But it is extremely inviting and I am going to keep it as an option. That seems like the best dollar to car I will find.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
It's a model year newer, with a PP pack, and an LSD, on not terrible wheels and member owned / maintained.

I understand the eagerness of getting behind the wheel, trust me. I'm in the process of selling mine (already sold actually) and want to dive into an E63S that is at the dealer bit there is the right time and place for it. But, in this case, you would honestly be making a mistake.

It's at least worth a PM and a conversation with him and see if there are any options to check it out.

Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it
Old 09-05-2016, 07:12 PM

C63 AMG - LSD
It's a model year newer, with a PP pack, and an LSD, on not terrible wheels and member owned / maintained.

I understand the eagerness of getting behind the wheel, trust me. I'm in the process of selling mine (already sold actually) and want to dive into an E63S that is at the dealer bit there is the right time and place for it. But, in this case, you would honestly be making a mistake.

It's at least worth a PM and a conversation with him and see if there are any options to check it out.

Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it
You're right purple. I'll Pm him and see if we can work something out.