Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C63 AMG (W204)
Any speeding lawyer advice in long island? >

Any speeding lawyer advice in long island?

Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 10-21-2016, 12:27 AM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
c63|335i

I noticed the local forums were pretty dead and noticed many members on here are from nyc/long island area.

I have a clean record but have gotten many speeding/moving violations in past few years. I usually go to the court (lol) and my charm is enough to get the ticket reduced to a parking ticket or other non moving parking violation after paying a hefty fine $500+. So officially my record has zero points or moving violations recorded.

Back in May, I got a ticket for going 25 in a 15 (thats a story for another day) and then in August I got one for 83/45. I adjourned the first ticket but due to some "technicality" it was not properly adjourned so now I must have one trial for both speeding tickets. The plea bargain I was offered in court was 8 points instead of 11, they themselves just told me to hire a lawyer.

First ticket I was hit with laser second one I was paced. Unfortunately I forgot the newer cop cars have HIDS and ignored him for a good few minutes.

Anyone have any suggestions/leads for a good lawyer? I have been googling and looking around but nothing I am reading gives me any faith. Anyone know the average cost of a lawyer for a speeding ticket? I am seeing anywhere from 100 to 400....

Last edited by simandang; 10-21-2016 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 219 Likes on 166 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31 | '98 3000GT
Do you have a reciept or any proof that the first ticket was adjourned. I would say without the proof, you will be pretty screwed to try and fight back. As far as lawyers, I am thinking it will be a couple grand considering how extensive the second ticket would be for.

Speeding that much and ignoring the cop, surprised you are not in jail atm and your car gone. Best of luck though.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:48 AM

c63|335i
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA View Post
Do you have a reciept or any proof that the first ticket was adjourned. I would say without the proof, you will be pretty screwed to try and fight back. As far as lawyers, I am thinking it will be a couple grand considering how extensive the second ticket would be for.

Speeding that much and ignoring the cop, surprised you are not in jail atm and your car gone. Best of luck though.
The second ticket isn't that bad. I actually didn't flee from the cop lol. He was behind me for a while but turned his lights to pull me over when the limit changed from 65 to 45. Had I realized it was a cop behind me I would have never been driving that fast.

Live and learn
Old 10-21-2016, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 298 Likes on 269 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC
"My speedo wasn't working"
Old 10-21-2016, 02:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AMGs
i'd suggest buying a radar with a speed warning built in if its legal in your state? it helps having a computer scream at you when you break 65 telling you to slow down
Old 10-21-2016, 03:07 PM

c63|335i
I always use radars. Love my V1. Its useless out here on the island though and useless in the city most of the time. Everyone has switched over to laser.

Laser jammers are the way to go nowadays. Many years ago I was running the laser interceptor system but back then laser was less common and I was only hit twice the entire time I had them. Nowadays there is a new company AL that sells jammers but at around 1500 without install I have been debating about pulling the trigger.

Either way the 8 point ticket I got could have been avoided by using my common sense since he paced me. Just one more look in the rear view mirror.