Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrecked 63 - Repair list

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 03:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
Sorry for the late reply everybody, I did not get any alerts for your replies. So the 1st estimate was just a visual estimate from State From. The collision place is took the car aprt yesterday and will write the final estimate. They said everything will be OEM and I will get a need list of repairs.

Yes, my insurance will pay for everything cuz the ins stays with the car and not the driver. My ins is primary and his is secondary if needed.

So I did a little research and CA law states that I can request for diminshed value from the insurance co who was at fault, which is my friend. But its going to be hard to get the diminshed value and it might go to small claims court. We'll see how much my car will be worth after its fixed.

Uploading pics now
Old 10-28-2016, 03:49 PM

C63
2014 with 15k.

Last edited by Shadykit; 12-20-2017 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-28-2016, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,594 Likes on 938 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Where did you burry your friends body?
Old 10-28-2016, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by zcct04
$14k is close to the cash it out mark for a 2014 C63? Where can I find more at that price?
Its not just the cost of the damage, its factoring in the salvage value of the original car as well. Economically speaking, the number at which it makes sense for them is shockingly low.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
2009 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by Shadykit
So long story short, my C63 got wrecked over the weekend. Airbags did not deploy. I took my car to a certified Mercedes collision center. I got the estimate today. The only 2 things that stands out to me is:
1.Front Bumper - recycle part
2. AC Condenser - Non OEM part

From my understanding, these parts should be OEM?
If the bumper cover they get has never been repaired AND they strip it and redo it properly so the fresh paint does not flake off the minute it gets touched that should be ok.
In the condensor I disagree a used one is the way to go and you should insist with your insurer to get a new OEM part.
A used part is a used part is a used part. It has its life cycle so why take the risk of failure? Get a new one.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:08 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
'18 Audi A4
Many insurance companies do have the option on their policies to use non EOM parts after the car is 3 years or older. Say you bought the car new and financed, in many cases, after the three years, the insurance company will open up the usage of aftermarket parts to lower their overall cost down. You can always push to get OEM instead but depends on the insurance company and the state you're insured in. Some states require the usage of OEM only to repair. If you bought the car used, not sure what the policy is, but I would guess the same 3 year guideline would be used.

When I crashed my 11 last year, the estimate came to almost 20k in damages using all OEM. The insurance company totaled it and it actually worked in my favor as I made almost 9k from what I owed to what the insurance paid me for the totaled car.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:19 PM

Received 100 Likes on 72 Posts
C63 AMG - LSD
Originally Posted by Conv_GSDriver
Many insurance companies do have the option on their policies to use non EOM parts after the car is 3 years or older. Say you bought the car new and financed, in many cases, after the three years, the insurance company will open up the usage of aftermarket parts to lower their overall cost down. You can always push to get OEM instead but depends on the insurance company and the state you're insured in. Some states require the usage of OEM only to repair. If you bought the car used, not sure what the policy is, but I would guess the same 3 year guideline would be used.

When I crashed my 11 last year, the estimate came to almost 20k in damages using all OEM. The insurance company totaled it and it actually worked in my favor as I made almost 9k from what I owed to what the insurance paid me for the totaled car.
UGH but that insurance increase for a totaled car on your "record"
Old 10-31-2016, 12:54 PM

'18 Audi A4
Originally Posted by SuperFastYo
UGH but that insurance increase for a totaled car on your "record"
To be honest, the increase was very minimal considering I got a 12 C63 to replace the outgoing 11. Same type of car and the very slight increase was due to a year newer car. I think the actual increase was $4 higher per month so all in all, not too bad considering I was able to pocket the almost 9k.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:00 PM

C63
I talked to the collision place, he said everything will be replaced with OEM parts. After taking the car apart, it will cost around 24k to fix. Now we are waiting for Statefarm. So hopefully they'll reconsider it as a total loss. The collision center I took my car too is certified my Fletcher Jones Mercedes Benz so im sure they'll do a flawless.

I have brand new KW V3s and Endless brake pads I haven't installed, thank goodness!!
Old 11-01-2016, 09:08 AM

Received 100 Likes on 72 Posts
C63 AMG - LSD
24K??? Nah, I would demand it to be totaled. Sounds like way too extensive of damage. wouldn't want something with that much work put into repairing it.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by SuperFastYo
24K??? Nah, I would demand it to be totaled. Sounds like way too extensive of damage. wouldn't want something with that much work put into repairing it.
24k with that kind of salvage value, I think they will total it. Pretty close tho.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:29 AM

'18 Audi A4
With that much in damages, I would have to agree with the others on here. I would hope that your insurance totals the car at this point and gives you good market value. I believe my insurance used NADA value when they offered the check. I did comparisons and it was a very good offer based on other sites and value of the car. Hope the same for you.