C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Error code P2195

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 11:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C63
Error code P2195

Background: I have a 2010 C63 AMG. 45k miles. It has full exhaust, headers, cold air intake, and ECM tune. I've had it for 3 years with virtually zero problems. For the past week, the car has been a little rough at idle. Around 500-600 rpm and almost seems like it's going to stall out. The car shakes a little bit at idle. After having a rough idle for about a week, yesterday it finally popped up an error code. I had it checked out today and it's P2195.

I did a search and couldn't find anyone who has had this code before. It's sort of a generic catch-all code regarding air/fuel that could mean any number of problems. The exact error it describes is: O2 A/F Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Lean (Bank 1 Sensor 1). So it's an issue with the O2 sensor reading lean. I'm pretty certain bank 1 sensor 1 is on the passenger side.

My gut instinct is to say that I got a bad tank of gas which has clogged up one of my fuel injectors (or something else in the fuel path) and that it should go away with (a) a new tank of gas and (b) some fuel injector cleaner. But, from what I've researched, it could be more serious than that. It could be a bad fuel injector, a fuel pressure regulator, a MAF, an O2 sensor, a bad vacuum line somewhere, etc.

Anyone had this code before or otherwise have recommendations on where to begin? I don't want to just start replacing parts one-by-one and wasting money, I'd prefer to pinpoint the problem first. Thanks.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
I'd just go ahead and replace the primary O2s out of maintenance if you haven't done it for a couple of years. With headers and full exhaust, it's not uncommon for their lifetimes to be reduced. Mine failed immediately after doing the headers, and I'm about to replace them again now just about 2yrs later. I bet that fixes it.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63 AMG- Black; 1990 Nissan 240sx hatchback (SR20)- Mint Green
Just had this exact issue for a few weeks, code was on car when i purchased it. Wasn't O2 sensor related at all. It can be caused by vacuum leaks, and that seems to be the most common cause from the reading I did. Tried a few things and checked for vacuum leaks, possibly MAF reading incorrectly. Ended up being a small exhaust leak from header to exhaust right in front of o2 sensor, so extra air was coming in through leak and engine thought car was running lean. Snuggled the bolts up, cleared it, and it's been perfect since. I would check vacuum and exhaust leaks before you start replacing sensors, those are most common reasons for throwing that code.

Last edited by stewfortysx; 11-10-2016 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C63
Originally Posted by stewfortysx
Just had this exact issue for a few weeks, code was on car when i purchased it. Wasn't O2 sensor related at all. It can be caused by vacuum leaks, and that seems to be the most common cause from the reading I did. Tried a few things and checked for vacuum leaks, possibly MAF reading incorrectly. Ended up being a small exhaust leak from header to exhaust right in front of o2 sensor, so extra air was coming in through leak and engine thought car was running lean. Snuggled the bolts up, cleared it, and it's been perfect since. I would check vacuum and exhaust leaks before you start replacing sensors, those are most common reasons for throwing that code.
Thanks for your response. I think one of the big problems with this error code is that different people find different ways to fix it. For some people, replacing the O2 sensor does it. For some people, it's a vacuum leak. For some people, it's a fuel injector that needs to be replaced. For some, it's a loose cold air intake.

I'll definitely look for leaks under the hood first to see if that's the problem.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
Any update to this? I just changed my sensors and got this code also.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
'10 C63
here is a link to my thread. although it's a different code number, i think it just refers to a different sensor

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...o2-sensor.html
Old 09-27-2017, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by bluejae
here is a link to my thread. although it's a different code number, i think it just refers to a different sensor

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...o2-sensor.html
I'm leaning towards the same issue with a lose connection or ground as I just had headers installed.