C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Smokey start up?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 09:24 PM

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Smokey start up?

Hey guys, I had oil changed for about a month now, and evertime I have a warm start up - like when I drive more then 10min and turn the engine off, and turn it on a couple of hours later - I get a blueish smoke that last for 1sec. No lights on, no overheating, no other noticeable symptoms. SEARCHING AROUND THE FORUM I've found out that it's probably some oil burning? Is that the case when you add that oil/air separator from Weistec? I've heard the M156 liked to drink a bit of the oil, so when I went to change it (Mobil 1 0w40) I used the exact amount MB recommended, 9l. My mechanic told me the car was running a lil' low on oil (around 7,5l)...

So... Any other tips that the elders could give me?
Old 12-05-2016, 11:34 AM

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts
C63 AMG - LSD
Maybe try an oil catch can. I dont think that would completely solve the problem though as it sounds like you have a bigger oil leak than that.

How long between changing your oil (adding it up to 9L) and your mechanic saying your low?

also running it down to 5L sounds ridiculously dangerous for the car, you didnt get an oil light?
Old 12-05-2016, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
I had this and it turned out that i had a small teeny hole in one of my tappets apparently. Had them replaced and no more smoke on start up.

It's not hugely expensive to have them changed out. maybe....$200 in parts and a few hundred in labour.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo
Maybe try an oil catch can. I dont think that would completely solve the problem though as it sounds like you have a bigger oil leak than that.

How long between changing your oil (adding it up to 9L) and your mechanic saying your low?

also running it down to 5L sounds ridiculously dangerous for the car, you didnt get an oil light?
I meant 7 and a half liters.

It all started to happen exactly after I've changed the oil. The next week to be more precise. My mechanic guy told me it could be a small leak.

The car never poped up any light. My mechanic guy is pretty confident it's not a major problem with the car, as he himself did all the changing, and checked some other stuff I asked (like fuel injector).

edit: is it possible that there is too much oil?

Last edited by Vpatriota; 12-05-2016 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:40 PM

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-start-up.html

Case closed guys. Cheers!