Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C63 AMG (W204)
Mercedes Benz refuses to repair the issue on the car. >

Mercedes Benz refuses to repair the issue on the car.

Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes Benz refuses to repair the issue on the car.

 
Old 01-08-2017, 01:00 AM
  #51  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
604 C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,738
Liked 353 Times in 246 Posts
2012 P31 Sedan w/LSD
Originally Posted by faz492 View Post
its okay mr c63 owner, when are you going to upgrade to something a tad better?
Well, if you think your car is so much hotter....hike on back to the correct forum and stop slumming it here. Dont figure you are gonna **** on our cars and then get help and sympathy.
604 C63 is offline  
Old 01-08-2017, 04:39 AM
  #52  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
faz492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 425
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
e63 amg w212 6.3
I love the fact how c63 owners think calling them "mr c63" is an insult, I was just pointing out what car they owned nothing more, if you see that as an insult don't come barking at me.
faz492 is offline  
Old 01-08-2017, 08:01 AM
  #53  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 21,171
Liked 687 Times in 664 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by faz492 View Post
I love the fact how c63 owners think calling them "mr c63" is an insult, I was just pointing out what car they owned nothing more, if you see that as an insult don't come barking at me.


its okay mr c63 owner, when are you going to upgrade to something a tad better?


oh yeah?? You come here with this crap and don't expect to get crapped on yourself??
wake up and smell the oblivion right in front of you
hyperion667 is offline  
Old 01-08-2017, 12:33 PM
  #54  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
604 C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,738
Liked 353 Times in 246 Posts
2012 P31 Sedan w/LSD
Originally Posted by faz492 View Post
I love the fact how c63 owners think calling them "mr c63" is an insult, I was just pointing out what car they owned nothing more, if you see that as an insult don't come barking at me.

604 C63 is offline  
Old 01-08-2017, 12:36 PM
  #55  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
604 C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,738
Liked 353 Times in 246 Posts
2012 P31 Sedan w/LSD
Gee, faz492, for the life of me I cannot figure out why your dealership doesn't want to deal with you. You seem like a very reasonable and likeable individual.
604 C63 is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by 604 C63:
BLKROKT (01-08-2017), Diabolis (01-09-2017)
Old 01-08-2017, 01:00 PM
  #56  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
layzie12g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,231
Liked 24 Times in 22 Posts
2008 Mercedes Benz E63
I have seen one car 156 car with a tune that caused a check engine light that another tech was working on. SCN coded the ME and the fault went away and never came back. This erased the tune on the vehicle. Just food for thought.
layzie12g is offline  
Old 01-08-2017, 08:04 PM
  #57  
Super Member
 
w204_Generic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 880
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by hyperion667 View Post
its okay mr c63 owner, when are you going to upgrade to something a tad better?


oh yeah?? You come here with this crap and don't expect to get crapped on yourself??
wake up and smell the oblivion right in front of you
He can always upgrade to a C300
w204_Generic is offline  
Old 01-08-2017, 08:22 PM
  #58  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Adi-Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 3,369
Liked 279 Times in 254 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by SuperFastYo View Post
They don't want him. He has no where else to turn.

here buddy: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w204-c63-amg/

They'll love you over there, how bout you go to them
I know here is not the place but...why does that forum exist? what is the difference?
Adi-Benz is online now  
Old 01-08-2017, 08:24 PM
  #59  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Adi-Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 3,369
Liked 279 Times in 254 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by w204_Generic View Post
He can always upgrade to a C300
He can always upgrade to a civic, but the community might be too mature. Plus I don't think honda dealers want to mess with "modified" cars.
Adi-Benz is online now  
Old 01-08-2017, 08:58 PM
  #60  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
faz492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 425
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
e63 amg w212 6.3
you can remain to be a c63 owner and have something better... maybe like the new bi-turbo motor c63? its okay ill be apart of the c63 club soon too
faz492 is offline  
Old 01-08-2017, 09:06 PM
  #61  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,629
Liked 318 Times in 236 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by faz492 View Post
you can remain to be a c63 owner and have something better... maybe like the new bi-turbo motor c63? its okay ill be apart of the c63 club soon too
We don't have the biturbo motor because we like the NA motor. The fact that you would suggest that car means you aren't one of us and we don't want you or your broken car. Deuces.
chrisridebike8 is offline  
The following users liked this post: chrisridebike8
BLKROKT (01-03-2019)
Old 01-08-2017, 11:51 PM
  #62  
Super Member
 
Mbm6f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 508
Liked 56 Times in 45 Posts
09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by PeterUbers View Post
And Audi and BMW will solve this ..... how?
In my experience Audi CS and techs are leaps and bounds ahead of MB. (Again, anecdotal evidence means nothing).

Obviously everyone has their own sentiments, but there are plenty of folks who feel both ways. I've had terrible experiences with BMW dealers, but that's just bad luck.

My experience with MB has been enough to make me want to never go back but some of the cars are just so sweet.

I understand being puzzled as to why they wouldn't test something if you aren't looking for any assistance from MB and are looking to pay a normal price.

The kind of stuff that pissed me off with MB was having an ESL replaced by the dealer, and having it **** the bed on me a week later and receiving no assistance with either. In my mind, failure of a part like that after less than a week indicates the part was defective. I guess I should have gone with a CPO.

Try and maintain a good relationship with your dealer. I let probably too much slide, but I didn't want to be flagged as a lousy customer. I brought my car in after having the windows tinted, told the SA, tech, and porter to not roll the windows down and had the "do not roll" tape over the buttons, and they did anyways. I just ate the cost when they shrugged their shoulders because I figured it may pay for itself down the road. I think they also roasted my tires when I left it with them because the tread was noticeably more shallow and there was rubber on my rear bumper but again I just ate it because I was selling the car soon anyways and want another MB in the future.

TLDR: go to a good Indy shop

Last edited by Mbm6f; 01-09-2017 at 01:54 PM.
Mbm6f is offline  
Old 01-09-2017, 11:28 AM
  #63  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Diabolis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,676
Liked 239 Times in 169 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928 GT, C5 Z06 track rat
Faz492 - after reading your posts here, if someone like you ever showed up at my shop I'd throw them out myself... never mind not look at their car. MB justifiably doesn't want the headache - or the pain the **** as the case may be here - and they are free to refuse you service (unless they are doing it because you're gay or wear a turban). Regardless of whether the car is under warranty or has been modified within an inch of its life, I hope you realize that the problem is you, not the car.

As for the E63 being a "better" car than the C63 - I have a rather different wiew. The E63 is a very different car, but a better one it is not. Full stop. The whole point behind the W204 C63 is that M156 NA motor mated to a very capable small chassis. I would argue that all other AMGs (with the exception of the GT) are just luxo-barges that appeal to the emotially insecure, not the real driving enthusiasts. I for one would take an E400 and a $30K track rat over an E63 any day. So - feel free to keep your superior car and leave us plebs to enjoy our low-end toys... please?
Diabolis is online now  
The following 3 users liked this post by Diabolis:
Bigtickets (01-10-2017), BLKROKT (01-09-2017), chrisridebike8 (01-09-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 12:00 PM
  #64  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
PeterUbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,539
Likes: 0
Liked 450 Times in 389 Posts
2014 E63S, 2014 Acura MDX, 2008 Infiniti G35x
Originally Posted by Diabolis View Post
Faz492 - after reading your posts here, if someone like you ever showed up at my shop I'd throw them out myself... never mind not look at their car. MB justifiably doesn't want the headache - or the pain the **** as the case may be here - and they are free to refuse you service (unless they are doing it because you're gay or wear a turban). Regardless of whether the car is under warranty or has been modified within an inch of its life, I hope you realize that the problem is you, not the car.

As for the E63 being a "better" car than the C63 - I have a rather different wiew. The E63 is a very different car, but a better one it is not. Full stop. The whole point behind the W204 C63 is that M156 NA motor mated to a very capable small chassis. I would argue that all other AMGs (with the exception of the GT) are just luxo-barges that appeal to the emotially insecure, not the real driving enthusiasts. I for one would take an E400 and a $30K track rat over an E63 any day. So - feel free to keep your superior car and leave us plebs to enjoy our low-end toys... please?
the emotionally insecure you say?
PeterUbers is online now  
Old 01-09-2017, 12:11 PM
  #65  
Super Member
 
SuperFastYo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 697
Liked 89 Times in 66 Posts
C63 AMG - LSD
Originally Posted by PeterUbers View Post
the emotionally insecure you say?
Yes Peter! Were looking at you and PurpleHeartAMG!
SuperFastYo is offline  
Old 01-09-2017, 12:30 PM
  #66  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 4,519
Liked 430 Times in 289 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by skratch77 View Post
I guess it depends on the dealer *And snip the rest*
In my experience, the majority of dealers are willing to work with you. In this case, I think it is pretty clear it's not the dealer, but the customer.

If you go into a place and be courteous you'll be treated with the same courtesy. It's not like the dealer and employees go out of their way to be dicks or not help out.

OP is too busy looking outward and blaming others for his problems instead of looking inward and its clear as day he is the root of his problems.

Originally Posted by SuperFastYo View Post
Yes Peter! Were looking at you and PurpleHeartAMG!
Haaayyyyyyyy. You leave my emotional insecurities out of this! I can't even get into my "superior bi-turbo beast AMG" because the weather wont allow it. God, I just feel so much more superior to you plebs when I'm in that monster and right now.. I just... I just can't. Even.

Sigh. I miss my c63. The rawness of the c63 is definitely something absent in the e63.


Anyways -- OP it has been made clear here, but just in case you missed it, you're the problem. 100%. Again, I bring up the fact you're asking MB to go out of their way to chase down a problem YOU caused by modifying your car without the ability to understand what you should do if a problem happens. And when you are as much of a dick as you are here and you don't get any help you come looking for sometime to climb on board, prop you up, and join the **** the dealer club? Ha. Swing and a miss.

I hope the dealer gives you a call, apologizes for not helping, and asks you to bring the car in and then hammers the **** out of you for all the illegal mods and takes the sweet *** time with every little nut and bolt (and hopefully coffee breaks in between) and refuses to give your car back until you pony up the cost which at that point is hopefully 2-3-4-5 times as expensive as it should've been.

OOoooo imagine how irritated you'd be because they'd still be courteous, smile, and laugh because they know they just took you to the cleaners and there is nothing you can do about it.

PS -- ^ That logic is good for many other scenarios other than just the dealer. Fix yourself.
CarHopper is offline  
The following 5 users liked this post by CarHopper:
Bigtickets (01-10-2017), BLKROKT (01-09-2017), Diabolis (01-10-2017), INS1GNIA (01-09-2017), SuperFastYo (01-09-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 12:43 PM
  #67  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sidney, BC
Posts: 1,468
Liked 55 Times in 49 Posts
2001 SLK320
Originally Posted by faz492 View Post
I never said my car is under warranty.
Warranty has been over for 2 years
A number of us on this page have said it. Go to an Indy who knows his stuff.
The dealer has to warranty his work even if you pay for it. He has a right to protect his business.
What makes folks on here seem to feel they are entitled anyway?
This discussion has been going on far too long. Choose!
Alex.currie44 is offline  
Old 01-09-2017, 12:55 PM
  #68  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Diabolis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,676
Liked 239 Times in 169 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928 GT, C5 Z06 track rat
Originally Posted by PeterUbers View Post
the emotionally insecure you say?
OK - that's not necesssarily the case, but... first and foremost, an E-class is a large-ish and heavy luxury sedan. It is a wonderfully refined car, which is what I want from an E-class Merc... and when I'm lookng for a nice and plush ride, the AMG version is harsher and louder than a well-appointed E550 (or the new E400). In other words, in the very areas in which an E class is superior to a smaller vehicle, it falls somewhat short of the lesser models on which it is based - so for me that is a no brainer. If I wanted speed and performance oon the other hand, I'd take the lightest and most agile car with the biggest motor, which is arguably what the C63 represents in MB's line-up.

I personally know about a dozen E63 owners, and only one of them has ever bothered to even take some kind of a performance driving course or take his car to the track. I think you'll agree that a lot more people buy AMGs because of the badge rather than the car's athletic ability... and stiffening up the ride, adding low-profile tires and a growling exhaust for me takes away from the essence of what an E-class should be. Never mind the S-class AMGs or SUVs - IMHO those are outright vulgar. A Jack of all trades is a master of none, so if I wanted refinement, I'd take the non-AMG version of an upscale Benz.

Lat but certainly not least, this same philosophy applies to my own E55... which is probably why I now never drive the thing and am about to get rid of it. My diesel ML is a much nicer ride for the daily commute... and is the car that I take to the office 70% of the time. When I get the urge to go fast or sideways, I take the C63 or one of the P-cars as they are better at going fast than the E55... and yeah, I may have been slightly emotially immature when I got it seven years ago.
Diabolis is online now  
Old 01-09-2017, 03:27 PM
  #69  
Super Member
 
Mbm6f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 508
Liked 56 Times in 45 Posts
09 C63 AMG
Indy shop FTW.

As far as the E63 and C63, they're both sick cars, just different. The E63 looks much better than a stock E class in my mind. Pretty serious generalizations being made here.

The E63 appeals to me and I'm plenty secure (for a pleb).
Mbm6f is offline  
The following users liked this post: Mbm6f
CarHopper (01-09-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 03:30 PM
  #70  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
604 C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,738
Liked 353 Times in 246 Posts
2012 P31 Sedan w/LSD
Originally Posted by Mbm6f View Post
Indy shop FTW.

As far as the E63 and C63, they're both sick cars, just different. The E63 looks much better than a stock E class in my mind. Pretty serious generalizations being made here.

The E63 appeals to me and I'm plenty secure (for a pleb).
Totally agreed. Different tools for different jobs.

And the E63S wagon is spectacular.
604 C63 is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 08:12 AM
  #71  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 973
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Mercedes Evo II

Last edited by EVOII_Racer; 01-03-2019 at 08:23 AM.
EVOII_Racer is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 03:30 AM
  #72  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 973
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
EVOII_Racer is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: