Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C63 AMG (W204)
p31 pump oetuning row/prodrys dyno >

p31 pump oetuning row/prodrys dyno

Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p31 pump oetuning row/prodrys dyno

 
Old 01-16-2017, 11:46 AM
  #1  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
skratch77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,657
Liked 96 Times in 69 Posts
2005 E55
p31 pump oetuning row/prodrys dyno

just got off the dyno and made 438whp uncorrected and 380ftlb.

only mods are row boxes and prodry filters and 93oct

skratch77 is offline  
The following users liked this post: skratch77
Steiner (01-16-2017)
Old 01-16-2017, 01:35 PM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 946
Liked 73 Times in 58 Posts
2012 c63 AMG and 2011 GLK 350
Now the title says oe tuning but your post just says row boxes and filters only? With those numbers I would think it def has a tune?
AMGonFire is offline  
Old 01-16-2017, 01:39 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
skratch77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,657
Liked 96 Times in 69 Posts
2005 E55
yes this is with 93oct file loaded.i ment no other mods like exhaust work or headers.

I have a before tune dyno with row boxes,pro drys and stock tune on 93oct and it made 399whp.

I picked up 38whp adding the oetuning file.

here is vs stock file with row boxes and prodrys both uncorrected numbers and it was colder in the shop when I ran stock tune.


Last edited by skratch77; 01-16-2017 at 01:46 PM.
skratch77 is offline  
Old 01-16-2017, 01:48 PM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
skratch77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,657
Liked 96 Times in 69 Posts
2005 E55
what is our stock rev limiter? I think he gave me the higher rev limiter file because the car went to about 7500 on the dash
skratch77 is offline  
Old 01-16-2017, 02:48 PM
  #5  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 946
Liked 73 Times in 58 Posts
2012 c63 AMG and 2011 GLK 350
Originally Posted by skratch77 View Post
what is our stock rev limiter? I think he gave me the higher rev limiter file because the car went to about 7500 on the dash
i believe fuel cut is 7300. Hit that by accident in manual mode 😬
AMGonFire is offline  
Old 01-16-2017, 08:16 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 396
Liked 32 Times in 27 Posts
2006 E350 (SOLD), 2010 C63 AMG



I wonder what my car would put down on that dyno....
C SEXY 3 is offline  
Old 01-16-2017, 08:29 PM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
skratch77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,657
Liked 96 Times in 69 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by C SEXY 3 View Post



I wonder what my car would put down on that dyno....
all the dyno info is on the sheet bud.no correction factor added.temp, humidity,baro

437whp is exactly what a healthy p31 should be at with row boxes and afe filters and 93oct tune.
skratch77 is offline  
Old 01-16-2017, 09:03 PM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,887
Liked 1,251 Times in 840 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
438whp is about 520bhp if you figure 15% drivetrain loss. Sounds about right for a tuned car with filters, no?
BLKROKT is offline  
Old 01-16-2017, 09:07 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
skratch77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,657
Liked 96 Times in 69 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by BLKROKT View Post
438whp is about 520bhp if you figure 15% drivetrain loss. Sounds about right for a tuned car with filters, no?
that's what I'm thinking also.I was hoping for 445whp but my car is only making like 520-530 crank HP

maybe I should of put some boostane in the tank
skratch77 is offline  
Old 01-16-2017, 09:40 PM
  #10  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Eufaula, Al/Georgetown, GA
Posts: 807
Liked 95 Times in 71 Posts
2009 C63 P30, 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8(RIP)
Originally Posted by skratch77 View Post
all the dyno info is on the sheet bud.no correction factor added.temp, humidity,baro

437whp is exactly what a healthy p31 should be at with row boxes and afe filters and 93oct tune.

But you are leaving out a VERY important component, the BRAND of dyno you are running on is pretty well known to give considerably higher numbers than other dyno types....Take mine for example, I'm ROW, aFe and tune as well...Strong as hell BUT my pulls are all on a DynoDynamics and run within 3hp/tq of 389 back to back to back....That is run what you brung, no correction, no smoothing, DD hurt your feelings numbers ....Would my car pull 389 on a Mustang? I'm positive it wouldn't but would my engine be any stronger/weaker because of the dyno numbers printed out by different brands? Nope....So the only even remotely way possible to gauge dyno numbers from car to car would be to run them on the same dyno....Other than that it is apples and chinchillas
​​
jptaylor is offline  
Old 01-16-2017, 10:15 PM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
skratch77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,657
Liked 96 Times in 69 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by jptaylor View Post
But you are leaving out a VERY important component, the BRAND of dyno you are running on is pretty well known to give considerably higher numbers than other dyno types....Take mine for example, I'm ROW, aFe and tune as well...Strong as hell BUT my pulls are all on a DynoDynamics and run within 3hp/tq of 389 back to back to back....That is run what you brung, no correction, no smoothing, DD hurt your feelings numbers ....Would my car pull 389 on a Mustang? I'm positive it wouldn't but would my engine be any stronger/weaker because of the dyno numbers printed out by different brands? Nope....So the only even remotely way possible to gauge dyno numbers from car to car would be to run them on the same dyno....Other than that it is apples and chinchillas
​​
my numbers are not high or unusual for dynojet numbers and most dyno dynamics or mustang dynos are not run in shootout mode and are configured and corrected to read like dynojets.

my before and after was done on the same dyno and the last few cars that were posted here used dynojets. all the info is there and there is nothing to hide. same gas,same gear same uncorrected runs vs tune vs row/filters.

I was expecting 445whp and will load the 104 oct map and run race gas and see what she does.jeremy told me it will pick up 10-15whp on 104 tune file and my car was so smooth on the dyno that smoothing set to zero was smoother then my stock tune on 5
skratch77 is offline  
Old 01-16-2017, 10:33 PM
  #12  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Eufaula, Al/Georgetown, GA
Posts: 807
Liked 95 Times in 71 Posts
2009 C63 P30, 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8(RIP)
Originally Posted by skratch77 View Post
my numbers are not high or unusual for dynojet numbers and most dyno dynamics or mustang dynos are not run in shootout mode and are configured and corrected to read like dynojets.

my before and after was done on the same dyno and the last few cars that were posted here used dynojets. all the info is there and there is nothing to hide. same gas,same gear same uncorrected runs vs tune vs row/filters.

I was expecting 445whp and will load the 104 oct map and run race gas and see what she does.jeremy told me it will pick up 10-15whp on 104 tune file and my car was so smooth on the dyno that smoothing set to zero was smoother then my stock tune on 5

Dude, did you go off your meds? You are acting like I called bull**** on you....I don't doubt that your numbers are what they are, on THAT dyno...do you honestly think you'd pull the same numbers on a different unit? Dynos are good for setting baselines and then monitoring your gains as you progress through different iterations of your car....other than that a track and a stopwatch are the true yardsticks to where you really stand....I was just pointing out that they all read different, hell even the same dyno can read different on the same car on the same day if a different operator sets up the runs and the modes.....the apples to chinchillas comment was not about YOUR numbers compared to YOUR numbers either, it was in relation to people, yourself included, trying to correlate other peoples engine's output using different dynomometers on different days in different locations on different machines with different DAs....your numbers are good for one beneficiary, YOU....I wasn't trying to inflict any butthurtedness on you,
jptaylor is offline  
Old 01-16-2017, 10:43 PM
  #13  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
skratch77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,657
Liked 96 Times in 69 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by jptaylor View Post
Dude, did you go off your meds? You are acting like I called bull**** on you....I don't doubt that your numbers are what they are, on THAT dyno...do you honestly think you'd pull the same numbers on a different unit? Dynos are good for setting baselines and then monitoring your gains as you progress through different iterations of your car....other than that a track and a stopwatch are the true yardsticks to where you really stand....I was just pointing out that they all read different, hell even the same dyno can read different on the same car on the same day if a different operator sets up the runs and the modes.....the apples to chinchillas comment was not about YOUR numbers compared to YOUR numbers either, it was in relation to people, yourself included, trying to correlate other peoples engine's output using different dynomometers on different days in different locations on different machines with different DAs....your numbers are good for one beneficiary, YOU....I wasn't trying to inflict any butthurtedness on you,
My numbers are UNCORRECTED no cf the operator did not apply any CF this is what my car put down today with my temps and baro pressure and conditions without the software adding any numbers like the other thread with 451hp but used a 1.03 correction factor so the dyno software multiplyed his numbers by 1.03 to give him a higher reading to compensate for the high humidity.

you are calling out a dynojet that used no correction factor.ive seen heartbreaker dynos read higher than dynojets and same with mustang dynos.

it's crazy how some people hate on dynojets.i can see you saying your dyno is good for seeing gains on the car if it read crazy high like 456 whp and had a base line to use with a higher reading dyno but man my sheet is uncorrected.

it's what the car made this day like how the car would run down the 1/4 mile.you don't have your time slip spit you out a std corrected pass as if the weather was better lol

it's pretty easy to manipulate any dyno numbers.if I wanted to we could of put a heat gun at the dyno temp sensor and had the dyno add 1.04 correction factor then posted a sheet of my SAE or std corrected numbers but hide the run details like what the actual correction factor was and the temp and humidity and baro on the bottom of the dyno sheet. then said hey my car made 456whp etc and just posted the numbers SAE without showing the full details.

Last edited by skratch77; 01-16-2017 at 11:15 PM.
skratch77 is offline  
Old 01-17-2017, 12:15 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 396
Liked 32 Times in 27 Posts
2006 E350 (SOLD), 2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jptaylor View Post
But you are leaving out a VERY important component, the BRAND of dyno you are running on is pretty well known to give considerably higher numbers than other dyno types....Take mine for example, I'm ROW, aFe and tune as well...Strong as hell BUT my pulls are all on a DynoDynamics and run within 3hp/tq of 389 back to back to back....That is run what you brung, no correction, no smoothing, DD hurt your feelings numbers ....Would my car pull 389 on a Mustang? I'm positive it wouldn't but would my engine be any stronger/weaker because of the dyno numbers printed out by different brands? Nope....So the only even remotely way possible to gauge dyno numbers from car to car would be to run them on the same dyno....Other than that it is apples and chinchillas
​​
You and me, we could be friends.

Last edited by C SEXY 3; 01-17-2017 at 12:20 AM.
C SEXY 3 is offline  
Old 01-17-2017, 08:09 AM
  #15  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Jasonoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 3,538
Liked 620 Times in 410 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT View Post
438whp is about 520bhp if you figure 15% drivetrain loss. Sounds about right for a tuned car with filters, no?
More like 18-19% for an RWD autobox.
Jasonoff is online now  
Old 01-17-2017, 08:11 AM
  #16  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,887
Liked 1,251 Times in 840 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
Well that's totally different then. What's the OP trying to do, sell us some Boostane or something? SCAM!
BLKROKT is offline  
Old 01-17-2017, 08:15 AM
  #17  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Jasonoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 3,538
Liked 620 Times in 410 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
But that crank-->wheel loss could also vary between dyno's like jp was pointing out.

18-19% is real world DT loss for our configuration.
Jasonoff is online now  
Old 01-17-2017, 08:17 AM
  #18  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
skratch77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,657
Liked 96 Times in 69 Posts
2005 E55
won't bother posting 104oct race map results.on race gas not boostane lol

also while I was there the owner of the shop bought the credits to HP tuners and got the stock maps for our cars.

it's crazy how the stock file hits 29 degrees timing on this motor and no wonder how these cars respond well to higher Oct gas
skratch77 is offline  
Old 01-17-2017, 08:23 AM
  #19  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
skratch77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,657
Liked 96 Times in 69 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Jasonoff View Post
But that crank-->wheel loss could also vary between dyno's like jp was pointing out.

18-19% is real world DT loss for our configuration.
good to know! is the MCT in the facelifted cars the same loss?

I was wondering because even renntech claims like 545 HP with just a tune and was using a lower drive loss to figure out crank HP.

miles on car make a difference also and even oil used but did not think it was near 18%

at 18% my car is making 530 crank HP.i don't think that's correct but it is what it is

Last edited by skratch77; 01-17-2017 at 08:26 AM.
skratch77 is offline  
Old 01-17-2017, 09:29 AM
  #20  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Jasonoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 3,538
Liked 620 Times in 410 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
You can't really apply the DT loss to the dyno numbers. If you put down 438WHP on DynoA but 400WHP on DynoB your crank HP isn't actually changing.
Jasonoff is online now  
Old 01-17-2017, 01:08 PM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 337
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2012 C63 Coupe P31
Originally Posted by skratch77 View Post
I have a before tune dyno with row boxes,pro drys and stock tune on 93oct and it made 399whp.
Very good numbers. My stock p31 with ROW boxes and AFE dry filters also dynoed 402whp on a dynojet. With V5 tune, I got 419whp and 383 ft-lbs. I posted my dyno in this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...olde-dyno.html
quaalude is online now  
Old 01-17-2017, 01:26 PM
  #22  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
skratch77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,657
Liked 96 Times in 69 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by quaalude View Post
Very good numbers. My stock p31 with ROW boxes and AFE dry filters also dynoed 402whp on a dynojet. With V5 tune, I got 419whp and 383 ft-lbs. I posted my dyno in this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...olde-dyno.html
thanks man and yea I just saw it.how many miles do you have on your spark plugs and what gas do you guys have there.i think you have some lower left on the table
skratch77 is offline  
Old 01-17-2017, 03:22 PM
  #23  
Member
 
s.e.a.n.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 164
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
2009 C63
I don't see what the big deal is my non p31 put down 421 on a very humid day with similar mods.
s.e.a.n. is offline  
Old 01-17-2017, 04:45 PM
  #24  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Celicasaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,678
Liked 123 Times in 96 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Originally Posted by skratch77 View Post
won't bother posting 104oct race map results.on race gas not boostane lol

also while I was there the owner of the shop bought the credits to HP tuners and got the stock maps for our cars.

it's crazy how the stock file hits 29 degrees timing on this motor and no wonder how these cars respond well to higher Oct gas
For my own understanding, you're saying that the stock map hit 29 degree's peak timing up top?? Damn.

I'm curious....what does a tuned car put down, or is that different from tuner to tuner, ie eurocharged vs oe tuning vs weistec etc
Celicasaur is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 03:15 AM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
kimeran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: South Africa
Posts: 450
Liked 21 Times in 18 Posts
2011 C63 AMG, 1991 325iS
Originally Posted by skratch77 View Post
just got off the dyno and made 438whp uncorrected and 380ftlb.

only mods are row boxes and prodry filters and 93oct
What were the HP gains from stock P31 to having a tune? Did you dyno before the boxes and filters?
kimeran is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: