Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C63 AMG (W204)
Sway Bar End Link Recommendations?  Agency Power or ? >

Sway Bar End Link Recommendations? Agency Power or ?

Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sway Bar End Link Recommendations? Agency Power or ?

 
Old 02-24-2017, 08:47 PM
  #26  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Jasonoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 3,538
Liked 620 Times in 410 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT View Post
9" is probably too long.
Jasonoff is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Jasonoff:
BLKROKT (02-24-2017), chrisridebike8 (02-24-2017)
Old 02-24-2017, 10:00 PM
  #27  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,629
Liked 318 Times in 236 Posts
'10 C63
I don't know how I didn't see that meme coming. Hahaha
chrisridebike8 is offline  
Old 02-25-2017, 05:13 AM
  #28  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,886
Liked 1,250 Times in 840 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
Ordered

Measured up the rear end link as best as I could with the wheels on and car on the ground. It was somewhere almost 8" as best as I could determine, so I got the 7" rod. The ends have more than enough adjust-ability that it doesn't matter much if I'm off.

Total came out to a bit more than expected at $392 (the little offset spacers were the killer), but still less than the retail options out there, and I got the absolute best rod and rod ends available. I'm sure you could get them down to $300 for the set if you tried, and you wouldn't really sacrifice much.



Last edited by BLKROKT; 02-25-2017 at 05:42 AM.
BLKROKT is online now  
Old 02-25-2017, 05:36 AM
  #29  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,886
Liked 1,250 Times in 840 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
Forgot the boots. Found them at Midwest Control Products. Not necessary, but I wanted them. 8 came out to $52. Total now up to $444, but I'm still just under retail (AP end links are $450 for the set plus shipping tax etc) and I feel pretty confident that I have a much better product.

If I ordered these things in bulk, and maybe used a more reasonably-priced rod end, we could probably get the full kit down to under $400 for the F/R set. Minus the boots maybe under $350. Just sayin...

https://www.midwestcontrol.com/part.php?id=11622


Last edited by BLKROKT; 02-25-2017 at 05:45 AM.
BLKROKT is online now  
Old 02-25-2017, 01:51 PM
  #30  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 27
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
'14 C63 AMG Sedan
Awesome - so you ordered everything from QA1 and the boots and Midwest Control correct? I'll order a set as well.

It would be nice to do an order in bulk to get the price down. Not sure how many would be interested in this setup though? I feel like almost anyone who has coilovers or is lowered would benefit..
friscomgm is online now  
Old 02-25-2017, 01:52 PM
  #31  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,886
Liked 1,250 Times in 840 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
Ordered the rod end hardware from QA1, the Joes Hex Tube from Jegs, and the boots from Midwest.
BLKROKT is online now  
The following users liked this post: BLKROKT
friscomgm (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 01:55 PM
  #32  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 27
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
'14 C63 AMG Sedan
Got it. Thx again for your help on this!
friscomgm is online now  
The following users liked this post: friscomgm
BLKROKT (02-25-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 02:46 PM
  #33  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,886
Liked 1,250 Times in 840 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
Parts started coming in today. Beefy!







BLKROKT is online now  
Old 03-06-2017, 06:02 AM
  #34  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 161
Liked 22 Times in 19 Posts
2015 C63 AMG Edition 507 coupe, 2017 Range rover sport Auto, 2008 dodge ram 1500 SLT
Originally Posted by BLKROKT View Post
Ordered

Measured up the rear end link as best as I could with the wheels on and car on the ground. It was somewhere almost 8" as best as I could determine, so I got the 7" rod. The ends have more than enough adjust-ability that it doesn't matter much if I'm off.

Total came out to a bit more than expected at $392 (the little offset spacers were the killer), but still less than the retail options out there, and I got the absolute best rod and rod ends available. I'm sure you could get them down to $300 for the set if you tried, and you wouldn't really sacrifice much.



might be a dumb question as I read thru the thread a few times but.... whats the difference in the rod end part #'s? By the way awsome job with the research!

Last edited by jd_hinks; 03-06-2017 at 06:11 AM. Reason: LoL sorry had to think a little harder......right hand thread and Left hand thread...yup stupid question!
jd_hinks is offline  
Old 03-06-2017, 08:22 AM
  #35  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,991
Liked 209 Times in 177 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2003 1500 HD Silverado;2015 GLA 250 (wife's)
Originally Posted by jd_hinks View Post
might be a dumb question as I read thru the thread a few times but.... whats the difference in the rod end part #'s? By the way awsome job with the research!
XML10-12 - Left hand thread
XMR10-12 - Right hand thread

Allows you to turn the connector tube to make the end link shorter or longer without undoing any of the fittings.

Last edited by Mort; 03-17-2017 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Typo
Mort is offline  
Old 03-06-2017, 09:47 AM
  #36  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 161
Liked 22 Times in 19 Posts
2015 C63 AMG Edition 507 coupe, 2017 Range rover sport Auto, 2008 dodge ram 1500 SLT
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
XML10-20 - Left hand thread
XMR10-20 - Right hand thread

Allows you to turn the connector tube to make the end link shorter or longer without undoing any of the fittings.
Gotcha! Thanx Mort!
jd_hinks is offline  
Old 03-06-2017, 11:53 PM
  #37  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,886
Liked 1,250 Times in 840 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
Rods came in today



You may have noticed that one of the 7" rods is lighter in color than the others. All of the rods are solid billet aluminum throughout, with threads at the ends, except for the light colored one which is hollow. I'm going to have to return that - same part number, but clearly an older stock.



BOOM. End links.

BLKROKT is online now  
The following 5 users liked this post by BLKROKT:
chrisridebike8 (03-06-2017), jd_hinks (03-09-2017), MBNRG (03-24-2017), mpowell (03-07-2017), saint13 (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 12:01 AM
  #38  
Super Member
 
Savage-wp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Cape Town
Posts: 776
Liked 101 Times in 86 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
Nice one Blkrokt. Those look like solid end links.
Post some pictures once you have them on the car and let us know if you can feel a difference.
You guys in the States are lucky to have such easy access to car parts.
Savage-wp is offline  
The following users liked this post: Savage-wp
BLKROKT (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 02:56 PM
  #39  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 65
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
2013 C63 P31
Sub'd

This is an awesome thread, thanks for all the detail. Will definitely be copying this set-up when I get myself some coilovers.
saint13 is offline  
The following users liked this post: saint13
BLKROKT (03-10-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 11:18 PM
  #40  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 161
Liked 22 Times in 19 Posts
2015 C63 AMG Edition 507 coupe, 2017 Range rover sport Auto, 2008 dodge ram 1500 SLT
Great job guys! Thanx for posting. Just finalizing shipping details with Golan on a set of club sports. This could not have come at a better time. After a recent discrepancy with AP and poor customer service, I would prefer not to deal with them. Ordered all the parts thru Jegs cause QA1 does not ship retail to Canada. Great customer service on both ends. All said and done after tax/shipping and customs fees total price is a touch higher than AP but I'm sure so is the quality. Also purchased the K-mac stage 3 race kit with all the bells and whistles! Received a really good MB world discount and good service. Thanx again great post!
jd_hinks is offline  
The following users liked this post: jd_hinks
BLKROKT (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 11:37 AM
  #41  
Super Member
 
dekraboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 590
Liked 49 Times in 37 Posts
C63 AMG, G500
Nice going BLKROKT, these are best option for aftermarket end links.
dekraboy is offline  
The following users liked this post: dekraboy
BLKROKT (03-10-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 03:25 PM
  #42  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,886
Liked 1,250 Times in 840 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
Thanks guys, hope it helps.

FYI, in case this matters to any of you:
QA1 = China
Rod End Supply = China
FK = American
Aurora = American

I might try Aurora or FK rod ends with the next batch, or for any other control arms I make. Might also look at stainless options depending on how the chromoly ends hold up.
BLKROKT is online now  
Old 03-15-2017, 01:22 AM
  #43  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 27
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
'14 C63 AMG Sedan
Thx again for posting BLKROKT - will be looking forward to your feedback with them on the car!
friscomgm is online now  
Old 03-15-2017, 11:38 AM
  #44  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 643
Liked 18 Times in 18 Posts
08 C63, 08 Mustang GT, 03 F250 CC FX4
Nice.. I was going to ask this guy http://www.fulltiltboogieracing.com/ if he would entertain making various components. I run his stuff on the wife's cobra and it is high quality.

But looks like you have found a nice places to source the DIY guys
QWKSNKE is offline  
Old 03-17-2017, 01:42 AM
  #45  
Super Member
 
SROC276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 532
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2010 C63 P31 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT View Post
Parts started coming in today. Beefy!







What is the black cover over the ball joint? I've been running shorter AP's up front for over two years. Their original kit was way too long and needed something shorter according to a suspension guy who did my car. The APs did not have the cover I see on yours...dust cover? I always had to lube mine, they would creak and cream like crazy.
SROC276 is offline  
Old 03-17-2017, 06:39 AM
  #46  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,886
Liked 1,250 Times in 840 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
Here

Originally Posted by BLKROKT View Post
Forgot the boots. Found them at Midwest Control Products. Not necessary, but I wanted them. 8 came out to $52. Total now up to $444, but I'm still just under retail (AP end links are $450 for the set plus shipping tax etc) and I feel pretty confident that I have a much better product.

If I ordered these things in bulk, and maybe used a more reasonably-priced rod end, we could probably get the full kit down to under $400 for the F/R set. Minus the boots maybe under $350. Just sayin...

https://www.midwestcontrol.com/part.php?id=11622

BLKROKT is online now  
Old 03-24-2017, 01:35 AM
  #47  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 161
Liked 22 Times in 19 Posts
2015 C63 AMG Edition 507 coupe, 2017 Range rover sport Auto, 2008 dodge ram 1500 SLT
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Rods came in today



You may have noticed that one of the 7" rods is lighter in color than the others. All of the rods are solid billet aluminum throughout, with threads at the ends, except for the light colored one which is hollow. I'm going to have to return that - same part number, but clearly an older stock.



BOOM. End links.

Got all my parts in today from Jegs today. For the hex rods, I got the exact opposite. All hollow tubes except for 1 - 7'' tube was solid. Called Jegs to see what deal was. They ended up giving me the joes racing sales rep number. I'll give em a call in the morning to see what the deal is.
jd_hinks is offline  
Old 03-24-2017, 07:41 AM
  #48  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,886
Liked 1,250 Times in 840 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
Originally Posted by jd_hinks View Post
Got all my parts in today from Jegs today. For the hex rods, I got the exact opposite. All hollow tubes except for 1 - 7'' tube was solid. Called Jegs to see what deal was. They ended up giving me the joes racing sales rep number. I'll give em a call in the morning to see what the deal is.
I'll trade you for the solid one if you want my hollow one? I don't think it makes any difference, I was just going to use it.
BLKROKT is online now  
Old 03-24-2017, 01:17 PM
  #49  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 161
Liked 22 Times in 19 Posts
2015 C63 AMG Edition 507 coupe, 2017 Range rover sport Auto, 2008 dodge ram 1500 SLT
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
I'll trade you for the solid one if you want my hollow one? I don't think it makes any difference, I was just going to use it.
Yeah man I'm down. Was thinking hollow or shallow they are super beefy and should be more then strong enough. Pm me your details and I'll get it off to you today before I leave overseas.
jd_hinks is offline  
The following users liked this post: jd_hinks
BLKROKT (03-24-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 01:25 PM
  #50  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BLKROKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,886
Liked 1,250 Times in 840 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2015 GLK350
Originally Posted by jd_hinks View Post
Yeah man I'm down. Was thinking hollow or shallow they are super beefy and should be more then strong enough. Pm me your details and I'll get it off to you today before I leave overseas.
PM incoming. I'll get yours in the mail tomorrow. Good stuff!
BLKROKT is online now  
The following users liked this post: BLKROKT
jd_hinks (03-24-2017)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: