Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

amg performance media

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 02:36 PM

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 604 C63
I actually think BLKROKT was making a flip reply about your "korean/chinese/jap" remark. The jap aspect is kinda racist. It takes just 5 more letters to say "Japanese". I'll refrain from posting up some of the other racist nicknames we don't use, and hope you just avoid them on your own.
Oddly enough, you could read racism in my innocent lazy/rush, and step up to defend a usual bully, because he's a friend... That's really odd. I was actually trying not to generalize a language that I can't read by calling it "chinese", when it could be korean or japanese; if I did so, then I could be disrespecting someone. But if racism was "readable" from what I was writing, then I must apologize. You are indeed correct. It was not meant to offend, by any means.

Last edited by Vpatriota; 06-16-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by Vpatriota
Oddly enough, you could read racism in my innocent lazy/rush, and step up to defend a usual bully, because he's a friend... That's really odd. I was actually trying not to generalize a language that I can't read by calling it "chinese", when it could be korean or japanese; if I did so, then I could be disrespecting someone. But if racism was "readable" from what I was writing, then I must apologize. You are indeed correct. It was not mean to offend, by any means.
I wasn't defending him, I was challenging you on your phrasing.
I don't think he needs defending by me. He is clearly capable of defending himself, and I have locked horns with him a few times myself.

But I live in an area where there were internment camps in the Second World War, I have neighbours who are Japanese, and we also have have large communities of all those nationalities here. I would have said something if you used one of the common slurs re the Chinese or the Koreans.

I would have said something no matter how he replied, it was merely my first time reading it myself, and I objected to it. Thank you for apologizing.