Extended Warranty for Non CPO C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 - 2004.5 Jetta GLI
Extended Warranty for Non CPO C63

Good afternoon,

I'd like to buy a C63 but I see dealers pricing them 10k more because of CPO and then having to add extended warranties on top, and it totaling out to an extra 15k over a non CPO vehicle with similar but tad higher mileage.

What are you guys doing for extended warranty outside of Benz? Any companies you recommend going through? I saw USAA as one, but I am not a member.

Please let me know, thank you!

Andrew
Old 03-07-2017, 10:16 AM

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31
Are you still under factory warranty ? Did you post this on Facebook as well ? If you are still under factory warranty you can pick up a 7/75k for under 2k. If not my credit union sells them for 3500.
The following users liked this post:
lpjz50 (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 10:31 AM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
09 C63 AMG
Before someone says use the search button, the info in the old threads on this is dated and most of the companies in the other threads no longer offer policies on this car.

Most aftermarket warranties are no good though from what I've read. What year are you looking at?
lpjz50 (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by C63fora2w1
Are you still under factory warranty ? Did you post this on Facebook as well ? If you are still under factory warranty you can pick up a 7/75k for under 2k. If not my credit union sells them for 3500.
Yes, haha, that was me! I am trying to find out as much as I can.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mbm6f
Before someone says use the search button, the info in the old threads on this is dated and most of the companies in the other threads no longer offer policies on this car.

Most aftermarket warranties are no good though from what I've read. What year are you looking at?
That's what I heard.

I am looking at any 12+ model. I do not want to own the car without a decent warranty. My dad who used to work for Fletcher Jones in Newport said that CarMax warranties act just like CPO ones, so I have been looking at their market.

I found one 70 miles up north at a Benz dealer but it isn't a CPO, probably due to mileage, its at 64k.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:56 PM
DP8

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
E90 M3, '13 C63 Sedan
In general, for cars out of the headbolt issue range it seems like most people haven't had too many problems with these cars. Warranties are nice but if you save $10K from getting a car without a warranty you can put some of that towards potential repairs or preventative maintenance. Just something to think about. Cars with CPO and low miles you are usually going to have to pay a premium for.

I just bought my car last fall and it's a 2013 with a end date on the original warranty in July'17. I got quoted $3,750 for an 2-year unlimited mileage extended warranty through MB from one of the dealers on this board. At the moment I don't think I am going to buy it. It doesn't seem worth it to me for just 2 years.

I don't have much experience with other 3rd party warranty companies so can't comment there. You ever watch Doug DeMuro car vids on youtube? He seems to have had good experiences with the CarMax warranty on his Aston Martin Vantage he had so might be a good option. I worry that those CarMax cars are sort of beat up to start with though...
Old 03-20-2017, 09:18 AM

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
w211 E55, w213 E63s
Originally Posted by DP8
In general, for cars out of the headbolt issue range it seems like most people haven't had too many problems with these cars. Warranties are nice but if you save $10K from getting a car without a warranty you can put some of that towards potential repairs or preventative maintenance. Just something to think about. Cars with CPO and low miles you are usually going to have to pay a premium for.

I just bought my car last fall and it's a 2013 with a end date on the original warranty in July'17. I got quoted $3,750 for an 2-year unlimited mileage extended warranty through MB from one of the dealers on this board. At the moment I don't think I am going to buy it. It doesn't seem worth it to me for just 2 years.

I don't have much experience with other 3rd party warranty companies so can't comment there. You ever watch Doug DeMuro car vids on youtube? He seems to have had good experiences with the CarMax warranty on his Aston Martin Vantage he had so might be a good option. I worry that those CarMax cars are sort of beat up to start with though...
Can you PM me the dealers information on this forum so I may contact them? I am getting near the end of my warranty for my '14 c63 ( due to mileage) and am shopping around now. Thank you!
Old 03-20-2017, 09:51 AM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2012 C63 P31 sedan
Originally Posted by DP8
He seems to have had good experiences with the CarMax warranty on his Aston Martin Vantage he had so might be a good option.
Carmax doesn't sell Aston Martins buddy. The Aston warranty is straight from Aston Martin which they only offer because their cars aren't driven much. Doug did have a Carmax warranty on a Range Rover that paid for itself, but then again he didn't compare to DIY either.

For the C63 I would say most people are just letting the warranty lapse as the few options left are very expensive ($2k+ a year) and the post FL cars don't seem to have that many big issues.
AA717driver (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 11:13 AM
DP8

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
E90 M3, '13 C63 Sedan
My bad on the Carmax warranty for the Aston Martin! You're right that warranty was through Aston Martin. He talked about Carmax so much for a period of time that I assumed he got gotten it there but it was just the Range Rover, which paid for itself.

On a similar note, I looked at a few listings at a local dealer and they are really charging a premium (in my opinion) on CPO cars. They have three 2013/2014 C63s with approx 20K miles going for $50K+. One of them is 507 sedan for $59K which I guess makes sense since people will pay extra for the 507 but doesn't seem worth it in my eyes. The lower miles also contributes to the higher prices but seems high compared to high $30K / low $40K for 2012/2013s with higher mileage.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:15 PM

2013 C63 AMG P31
I seriously would not buy a warranty until I spoke with Jeff Jackson he sells these warranties at cost and seems to be the goto guy here on MBWorld for warranties. He quoted me literally half of what anyone else would. $1840 for 2 years extended CPO. His contact info is throughout this post. Best of Luck.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:55 PM

2003 C32 & 2012 C63 P31 Sedan
Carmax Warranty

I bought a 2012 P31 from carmax last year with 55k miles. I got the carmax warranty (5 yrs / up to 100k miles on odometer). It cost $3500 which you have to pay right when you buy the car.

Is it worth it? Well after a few months, my car suddenly misfired really bad in one cylinder and I took it to the dealership. The fix was diagnosed as a damaged valve seat, so the dealership wanted to replace the entire right bank cylinder head. Not just the gasket, but the entire cylinder head unit ($6000 for the part from germany)

Also, while they were tearing down the engine for the diagnosis, they encountered a seized bolt holding the intake manifold down. Apparently even with all their specialized tools and experience, this was beyond their capabilities to fix so they said i needed a brand new intake manifold as well ($3500 part)

I know that the stealerships always go for the nuclear option for their repairs, and I'm not exactly sure how much they were milking the warranty in this case, but they got the warranty to approve all of it. The warranty even sent three third party inspectors to verify the dealership's claims.

The warranty covered the entire expense less my $300 deductible (which is per visit). The total cost of parts and labor was about $14000. I got new plugs put in, all new gaskets, new oil, new coolant, new air fliters, and a new PCV valve for no labor cost to me so a large chunk of maintenance items got taken care of simultaneously. (I only supplied the spark plugs, air filters, and pcv valve since the rest was part of the warranty repair.) The process took like 6 weeks, but I had a courtesy loaner the entire time so no cost to me for that either.

And best of all, I still have over four years and 42k miles left on my warranty. I highly recommend buying from carmax. If your nearest one doesn't have a c63 you like, look at their nationwide listings and have them ship one to you. I really think its worth buying one from carmax so the shipping cost <$1000 is worth it as well.

Last edited by Savien; 03-20-2017 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:09 PM

2013 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by Savien
I bought a 2012 P31 from carmax last year with 55k miles. I got the carmax warranty (5 yrs / up to 100k miles on odometer). It cost $3500 which you have to pay right when you buy the car.

Is it worth it? Well after a few months, my car suddenly misfired really bad in one cylinder and I took it to the dealership. The fix was diagnosed as a damaged valve seat, so the dealership wanted to replace the entire right bank cylinder head. Not just the gasket, but the entire cylinder head unit ($6000 for the part from germany)

Also, while they were tearing down the engine for the diagnosis, they encountered a seized bolt holding the intake manifold down. Apparently even with all their specialized tools and experience, this was beyond their capabilities to fix so they said i needed a brand new intake manifold as well ($3500 part)

I know that the stealerships always go for the nuclear option for their repairs, and I'm not exactly sure how much they were milking the warranty in this case, but they got the warranty to approve all of it. The warranty even sent three third party inspectors to verify the dealership's claims.

The warranty covered the entire expense less my $300 deductible (which is per visit). The total cost of parts and labor was about $14000. I got new plugs put in, all new gaskets, new oil, new coolant, new air fliters, and a new PCV valve for no labor cost to me so a large chunk of maintenance items got taken care of simultaneously. (I only supplied the spark plugs, air filters, and pcv valve since the rest was part of the warranty repair.) The process took like 6 weeks, but I had a courtesy loaner the entire time so no cost to me for that either.

And best of all, I still have over four years and 42k miles left on my warranty. I highly recommend buying from carmax. If your nearest one doesn't have a c63 you like, look at their nationwide listings and have them ship one to you. I really think its worth buying one from carmax so the shipping cost <$1000 is worth it as well.

Wait why did you have to pay for parts ??? Did you have to buy the cylinder head too ??
Old 03-20-2017, 05:00 PM

2003 C32 & 2012 C63 P31 Sedan
Wait why did you have to pay for parts ??? Did you have to buy the cylinder head too ??
I bought the spark plugs, PCV valve, and air filters myself because since the engine was at such an accessible state due to the cylinder head repair, the dealership wouldnt charge me for labor since everything was out in the open. I was just taking advantage of some added preventative maintenance while I had the advantage of no labor charges.

I did not have to pay for the parts related to the intake manifold or cylider head repairs. The cylinder head, oil change, gaskets, and coolant flush were included in the cylinder head repair, which was picked up by the arranty along with the intake manifold

Last edited by Savien; 03-20-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Damn, and I thought I always made out with MBELW. Will def consider good old Carmax in the future.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:33 PM

Received 87 Likes on 58 Posts
G63/RR LWB/W222 S550

Can u PM me information about this? Do u need cpo for factory, which CU do you have?

thx