Just need a bit of help about which filter to pick? aFe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 02:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG Edition 1
Talking Just need a bit of help about which filter to pick? aFe

Hey,

After doing some research on the forums I have noticed a cheap fix is doing a charcoal delete and replacing the enclosure. I was looking at aFe POWER 31-10154 Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S Air Filter but then when looking at the options, I found this one: aFe POWER 30-10154 Magnum FLOW Pro 5R Air Filter advertising with 21% more airflow. Also, I was planning on purchasing the M156 ROW Airbox Set from Weistec. I just want to make sure that I need the ROW Airbox, I currently own a 2011 C63 AMG Sedan that originated from New York, would just like to make sure before spending $500+. Would it also be more beneficial just to purchase an ECU tune from Weistec since I'm using their Airbox or just buy the Eurocharged ECU Kit for half the cost? Sorry I have a lot of questions, just recently got my AMG and want to do some non-expensive upgrades. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Kickens
Old 03-15-2017, 05:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Kickens - welcome to the forum. As mentioned in your other post, please see the FAQ and use the search function. We can tell you're excited, but your questions have been asked hundreds of times, and all the answers can be easily found in the FAQ or by searching with terms such as "ROW" or "aFe".

In short, all air filters are basically the same, as long as you get one that fits correctly for your car. The two part #'s you listed are exactly the same, and aFe only makes one "proDry" filter for our cars so there you go. K&N, BMC, aFe - they're all going to be about the same, with the aFe probably being more popular because you don't have to oil it

Nothing against Weistec, because I love their stuff, but OEM ROW boxes can be found much cheaper. Try doing a search on the forum for the part # and run it through oediscountparts.com for their price which is usually best.

IMO get the Eurocharged tune. No need to spend double for a bench tune where you have to remove your ECU and ship it, plus it can't be switched.

Please read the FAQ and search. This is a great community and everyone here is pretty cool, but I can tell you that if you keep posting like this every day, it's going to get old pretty fast...

Last edited by BLKROKT; 03-15-2017 at 11:08 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by BLKROKT:
AMGTQ (03-16-2017), msgadget (03-15-2017), Savage-wp (03-15-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 01:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG Edition 1
Talking Sorry!

Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Kickens - welcome to the forum. As mentioned in your other post, please see the FAQ and use the search function. We can tell you're excited, but your questions have been asked hundreds of times, and all the answers can be easily found in the FAQ or by searching with terms such as "ROW" or "aFe".

In short, all air filters are basically the same, as long as you get one that fits correctly for your car. The two part #'s you listed are exactly the same, and aFe only makes one "proDry" filter for our cars so there you go. K&N, BMC, aFe - they're all going to be about the same, with the aFe probably being more popular because you don't have to oil it

Nothing against Weistec, because I love their stuff, but OEM ROW boxes can be found much cheaper. Try doing a search on the forum for the part # and run it through oediscountparts.com for their price which is usually best.

IMO get the Eurocharged tune. No need to spend double for a bench tune where you have to remove your ECU and ship it, plus it can't be switched.

Please read the FAQ and search. This is a great community and everyone here is pretty cool, but I can tell you that if you keep posting like this every day, it's going to get old pretty fast...
Yeah, sorry. I did look but couldn't find anything about the differences. I think I'm set and will definitely show pictures when she's done!
Old 03-16-2017, 10:38 AM

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31
This was posed a few days ago...

"Cheapest online is from the following site. Got mine a couple weeks ago from here:

https://www.oediscountparts.com/part...?siteid=215242

part numbers:

includes maf sensors for $318 shipped "
The following users liked this post:
msgadget (03-17-2017)