C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Need a few pointers please...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 02:30 PM

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts
C63 AMG - LSD
Originally Posted by Andrew33
with the top grille piece missing and no insulation it's freaking me out. I'm waiting for the dealer to let me know.
That is an odd coincidence. and its not difficult to avoid having something reported to carfax
Old 03-29-2017, 02:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2012 C63 AMG (Sold)
Originally Posted by SuperFastYo
That is an odd coincidence. and its not difficult to avoid having something reported to carfax
Exactly
Old 03-29-2017, 02:32 PM

Received 91 Likes on 73 Posts
2020 E 300 Coupe and 2019 GLS 400
So there is no insulation, missing grill piece and non tinted -AMG - headlights. Aren't all C63s supposed to have the dark headlights? Never seen any with the clear ones.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:33 PM

C63 AMG - LSD
Originally Posted by Solo wing
So there is no insulation, missing grill piece and non tinted -AMG - headlights. Aren't all C63s supposed to have the dark headlights? Never seen any with the clear ones.
only for the lighting package. regular is just chrome
Old 03-29-2017, 02:35 PM

2012 C63 AMG (Sold)
Oh there is a missing grill piece also? I didn't read or notice that. Well their you go... Probably had front end work done which explains the missing piece off the grill and no insulation for hood and just not reported and just not 100% repaired. But 99.9% repaired. But who knows....
Old 03-29-2017, 02:37 PM

C63 AMG - LSD
Originally Posted by Jben63
Oh there is a missing grill piece also? I didn't read or notice that. Well their you go... Probably had front end work done which explains the missing piece off the grill and no insulation for hood and just not reported and just not 100% repaired. But 99.9% repaired. But who knows....
probably some rinky dink shop repaired it half ***. I'd nope the f**k out.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:41 PM

2012 C63 AMG (Sold)
probably some rinky dink shop repaired it half ***. I'd nope the f**k out.
Maybe.....? But I guess if the price is right and can get an extended warranty I don't see this being to big of an issue. Possibly can order the insulation and get that done and then get the grill handled which I dont think will be that hard to do. Idk but I'm just assuming. Then with warranty you should be golden.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:43 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
Maybe.....? But I guess if the price is right and can get an extended warranty I don't see this being to big of an issue. Possibly can order the insulation and get that done and then get the grill handled which I dont think will be that hard to do. Idk but I'm just assuming. Then with warranty you should be golden.
Yeah but if this car hard major front end damage I wouldn't want that. Is there any way for me to tell if the hood is the original?
Old 03-29-2017, 02:46 PM

2012 C63 AMG (Sold)
Yeah but if this car hard major front end damage I wouldn't want that. Is there any way for me to tell if the hood is the original?
There may be some sort of serial numbers engraved or factory stickers under the Hood.. I believe the struts have MB logos on them. I would go to the garage and look and tell you but as I stated in an earlier post my 63 is getting front end resprayed as we speak. Maybe someone else could reply and put you in the right direction on the Hood?
Old 03-29-2017, 02:50 PM

C63 AMG - LSD
short of taking the bumper off idk how you could tell. But if you got the bumper off you could inspect the frame. Also check if the hoses are newer than they should be. Substantial damage to the front end of a car like this is probably gonna screw it up. It would suck to be upside down in a car you JUST bought.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:56 PM

2012 C63 AMG (Sold)
short of taking the bumper off idk how you could tell. But if you got the bumper off you could inspect the frame. Also check if the hoses are newer than they should be. Substantial damage to the front end of a car like this is probably gonna screw it up. It would suck to be upside down in a car you JUST bought.
Good point... At the end of the day go with your gut. If it doesn't feel right then wait and look for another 63 elsewhere for which you feel all bases are covered. I was looking for a 63 for months to come into sight by me locally, and I continuously looked for the right one before pulling the trigger and my gut telling me this is the one. So if you feel something is off on it. Then maybe that's the be patient for the next one calling your attention. IMO
Old 03-29-2017, 03:21 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Yeah, I just decided not to get the car. Dealer is being very shady now. They have no answers for me. The pictures on their website have the car with the grille in tact. So when i asked about that they apparently didn't know. So the story was the owner's wife drove it for the last year or so. So i asked to speak with the owner and he would not get on the phone with me. Anyone that is in the market for a c63 that sees this thread BEWARE of Imperial Highline in Manassas, VA!!!! I don't have a good feeling about the car anyone. THIS SUCKS!!!
Old 03-29-2017, 03:39 PM

Received 91 Likes on 73 Posts
2020 E 300 Coupe and 2019 GLS 400
Sorry mate, it's probably for the best. Plenty of 63s out there.
Good luck.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Yeah, I just decided not to get the car. Dealer is being very shady now. They have no answers for me. The pictures on their website have the car with the grille in tact. So when i asked about that they apparently didn't know. So the story was the owner's wife drove it for the last year or so. So i asked to speak with the owner and he would not get on the phone with me. Anyone that is in the market for a c63 that sees this thread BEWARE of Imperial Highline in Manassas, VA!!!! I don't have a good feeling about the car anyone. THIS SUCKS!!!
Good for you. The minute the dealer starts becoming shady, run.
The following users liked this post:
SuperFastYo (03-29-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 03:44 PM

2012 C63 AMG (Sold)
Good news for you is there are more C63 looking for a good owner that isn't being sold by shady people. Be patient and keep looking for the right one for you at the right price and that is taken care of etc. Good luck!
Old 03-29-2017, 04:13 PM

C63 AMG - LSD
Originally Posted by AMG3.2
Good for you. The minute the dealer starts becoming shady, run.
Literally the best advice when going to a dealership. Too many people put on blinders because they're impatient or too in love with the car.
The following users liked this post:
csexty3 (04-25-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 04:17 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Literally the best advice when going to a dealership. Too many people put on blinders because they're impatient or too in love with the car.
Exactly what was happening with me man. I can't thank you all enough for helping me out through this. If it wasn't for the guy who pointed out the top grille piece missing idk if this would've been caught. Needless to say i am now back in the hunt for a c63 lol. Hopefully something will come along sooner than later!
Old 03-29-2017, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Glad you're passing on it. Like I said in the beginning of this thread, there was something fishy from the beginning with what was wrong with it and I could smell the shade from a mile away.

Also, wait for a car to come along with the headlight package (the dark housings). You'll appreciate that. Performance pack doesn't really matter as you can just tune it. Other than that, try to find one with an LSD.

Again, don't let the miles scare you away from a car. And also keep an eye on the classifieds here. PFL C63's pop up often.

Going forward, just use this thread to post up cars you're interested in and we'll give you our 2 cents. If you need someone to check out a car for you from Buffalo to Syracuse let me know and I'll swing out. There is one at a dealer that I've bought some cars from (760i, c63, p911, x5, and a Ford) but I think it has high miles and headers located in Geneva NY.

Patience is key.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Sorry to hear the turn of events, but look at it the right way.. With the help of members here, u probably saved urself some headaches in the long run.

The headlights & rear bumper would be a big no no for me, but really is a matter of how picky the buyer is & the price of the car.

Good luck in ur search! This thread has turned out to be very entertaining afterall. Lol
Old 03-29-2017, 04:44 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Glad you're passing on it. Like I said in the beginning of this thread, there was something fishy from the beginning with what was wrong with it and I could smell the shade from a mile away.

Also, wait for a car to come along with the headlight package (the dark housings). You'll appreciate that. Performance pack doesn't really matter as you can just tune it. Other than that, try to find one with an LSD.

Again, don't let the miles scare you away from a car. And also keep an eye on the classifieds here. PFL C63's pop up often.

Going forward, just use this thread to post up cars you're interested in and we'll give you our 2 cents. If you need someone to check out a car for you from Buffalo to Syracuse let me know and I'll swing out. There is one at a dealer that I've bought some cars from (760i, c63, p911, x5, and a Ford) but I think it has high miles and headers located in Geneva NY.

Patience is key.
Yeah man you were right from the beginning and i just want the car so much that i was settling. I'm so happy i didn't get further into this. I'm gonna check out a 2013 tomorrow afternoon but i doubt i will be getting it since the price is out of my range. If you guys see anything just let me know I'm constantly searching as well.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Do you care if the car is modded? Or are you looking for an unmodified car?
Old 03-29-2017, 05:33 PM

2012 C63 AMG (Sold)
Yeah man you were right from the beginning and i just want the car so much that i was settling. I'm so happy i didn't get further into this. I'm gonna check out a 2013 tomorrow afternoon but i doubt i will be getting it since the price is out of my range. If you guys see anything just let me know I'm constantly searching as well.
If you have the option I would shoot for FL C63 since they are getting slightly cheaper as time goes on and IMO has better styling and has many of the kinks worked out of it over the PFL from what I have heard. What is your price range? I have a friend who specializes in AMG sales. He gets them pre market and sells them to many MB dealers that then certifies them afterwards. Many of the high end dealerships local to me purchase from him directly as well and then the dealer lists them with the normal 15%-20% dealer mark up. I can put a word in for you if u like. For example he just sold an acquaintance of mine a 2013 Coupe with CF interior, renntech stage 1, and 38k miles that he got for $32k. What he sold it to him for idk. But I know what he gets the cars for because we have that kind of relationship. But this route of course you would have to bring your own financing. Just let me know.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:40 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
Do you care if the car is modded? Or are you looking for an unmodified car?
I prefer unmodded but an exhaust or something wouldn't turn me away. I definitely want the exterior to be fairly stock because I want to do the styling myself.

If you have the option I would shoot for FL C63 since they are getting slightly cheaper as time goes on and IMO has better styling and has many of the kinks worked out of it over the PFL from what I have heard. What is your price range? I have a friend who specializes in AMG sales. He gets them pre market and sells them to many MB dealers that then certifies them afterwards. Many of the high end dealerships local to me purchase from him directly as well and then the dealer lists them with the normal 15%-20% dealer mark up. I can put a word in for you if u like. For example he just sold an acquaintance of mine a 2013 Coupe with CF interior, renntech stage 1, and 38k miles that he got for $32k. What he sold it to him for idk. But I know what he gets the cars for because we have that kind of relationship. But this route of course you would have to bring your own financing. Just let me know.
I want a 2011(as long as it is out of the affected headbolt range) or a 2012 sedan. My budget is 40k with tax included and I know mileage isn't that much of an issue with these cars but I want it to be under 40k. Please put the word in and let me know. I already got approved through chase for a finance but idk if that was exclusive to that dealer or not.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:59 PM

2012 C63 AMG (Sold)
Let me see what I can do for you. If you got pre-approved from Chase at the dealerships lending source you'll have to re-apply for a new loan on your own at whatever bank/credit u choose that gives you the best Interest rate etc. I'll throw a text to him and see what he can come up with or if he has something in what you want, and if there is something your interested in I'll pass his info to you and two can talk and go from there. Your budget Is healthy for a lot of pre owned C63. I got my 1 owner 2012 Sedan with 46k miles in near mint condition with 4 year extended warranty/125kmiles for $43k in change out the door. So shouldn't be to hard to find a good one out there. I'll let you know.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:01 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Let me see what I can do for you. If you got pre-approved from Chase at the dealerships lending source you'll have to re-apply for a new loan on your own at whatever bank/credit u choose that gives you the best Interest rate etc. I'll throw a text to him and see what he can come up with or if he has something in what you want, and if there is something your interested in I'll pass his info to you and two can talk and go from there. Your budget Is healthy for a lot of pre owned C63. I got my 1 owner 2012 Sedan with 46k miles in near mint condition with 4 year extended warranty/125kmiles for $43k in change out the door. So shouldn't be to hard to find a good one out there. I'll let you know.
Ok thanks a lot man i appreciate it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need a few pointers please...