transmission slip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Originally Posted by lJJl
Hi, it will still happen if I drive faster. I drive slower for the video so that it can show the flare. I try setting on cruise control at 100km/h and the flare still happen like this video just that it’s on 7th gear. Will high flow downpipe cause rpm flare if it’s not a transmission slip?
How about you go post in the correct forum for W205 cars? This has nothing to do with the W204 cars.
The following users liked this post:
Diabolis (06-28-2022)
Old 03-24-2023, 09:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63
I'm now just running into the same issue.

2013 C63 P31, had Eurocharged v5 for many years (never bothered upgrading, never had issues).

It almost feels like it loses traction, RPMs go up then back down immediately when shifting but it's just lagging almost. Mostly for from 2nd to 3rd gear.

But even stopped, when going from parking to 1st gear, you can feel the car almost moving forward like it didin't have traction but you're stationary.

Hard to explain but def not normal.

There's so much drama in this thread, hard to track what the issue could be 😅

Last edited by fortytwo; 04-19-2023 at 08:58 PM.
PP-PRO_C63 (08-01-2024)
Old 03-25-2023, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 794 Likes on 545 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
The drama was limited to people posting in the wrong forum and feeling verklempt after someone pointed out their error.

I don't understand what you are describing here. What loses traction? The tires? The clutch slips? The "RPMs go up then back down immediately when shifting" sounds like you are describing a shift flare (when the engine revs briefly rise after an upshift due to clutch slippage before settling back down) which is usually a sign of clutch / band slippage that's caused by either clutch / band wear or a transmission solenoid failure. The fact that it's tuned - which results in harder shifts - can definitely contribute toward accelerated clutch / band wear. Or are you trying to describe something different? Can you take and post a video of it happening?
BLKROKT (03-25-2023)
Old 03-25-2023, 12:37 AM

C63
I think you described it better than me, I apologize as reading it over, it's indeed not super clear.

It kinda goes like this:
- in 2nd gear, comfort or S or any mode (manual included), say 3k RPM
- upshift to 3rd gear (dash shows 3rd gear) but the RPM "needle" stays up like you never shifted, still showing 3k RPM for a second or 2
- RPM goes back down, a "jerky" feeling happens when you get a kick in the back, almost like if your tires found some traction suddenly

Rinse repeat from 1st to 2nd to 3rd, 4th and above is a bit better.

I can kinda reproduce it by staying in park, neutral or reverse and going into 1st gear. It's almost like it's delayed (again not talking about the shift themselves) and you get a "kick" in the back, like something engaging too late.

I have about 50k miles on the car not sure if it helps.

Also very recently for the very first time in 10 years, I remembered starting the car going from reverse to 1st gear and the car stalled on me? 😅 No clues if related, only happened once around the same time I'm having those issues (last 2 weeks or so).

I will try to film but it's hard because you can feel it under the car.

Thank you again for taking the time Diabolis.

Last edited by fortytwo; 03-25-2023 at 12:42 AM.
PP-PRO_C63 (08-01-2024)
Old 03-30-2023, 12:56 PM

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts
W211 E63 AMG
this can be caused by low fluid, dirty fluid, or in part by bad ECU tune but not fully as described.

when was your last transmission service? i would start there.
Old 04-19-2023, 08:41 PM

C63
Unhappy

Originally Posted by eightysixtuned
this can be caused by low fluid, dirty fluid, or in part by bad ECU tune but not fully as described.

when was your last transmission service? i would start there.
I don't remember having a transmission service done besides something when I bought the car new (transmission flush or something?) but it was regular maintenance.

I tried bringing to a very well rated shop in the Bay Area but didn't work out very well. I just ended up paying for an inspection pretty much. They just confirmed it was not he transmission itself.

They said it was my Eurocharged tune (but why suddenly?). I mentioned it bringing back to stock but they kept insisting that I would need to flash the ECU back to stock using the original (not through handheld). They also mentioned an air sensor but the thing is that I have the ROW airboxes that I bought on on ECS and I think it's always been here afaik.

I asked about the transmission service, they quoted me another $600 so I think I'll have to bite the bullet? I'll try to reach out to Eurocharged as I have the v5 tune with "blip".

All around definitely bummed because the shop was top rated but 2 days for an inspection with no real resolution and $300 out of pocket, bit frustrated. Felt more like I was bothering them, I even brought some Krispy Kreme dozen donuts for the mechanics 😂

I also know nothing when it comes to cars so it's not helping 😅

EDIT: hard to capture but near the end of the video you can see it well on the RPMs, it feels like it's "floating" (yes it's in S+ and same in M) - https://imgur.com/a/hZxE377

Last edited by fortytwo; 04-19-2023 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Added video
Old 04-20-2023, 01:11 AM

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts
W211 E63 AMG
what shop was this? a transmission service is usually 500-600.

all C63's already has rev match downshifting from the factory, so if you were charged for that and you own a C63, you got swindled. have you tried flashing back to the factory tune with the handheld yet? sometimes that resolves it and if you have the option to try it, its worth a shot to rule it out. to be honest, it sounds like your transmission either needs a service or your transmission needs a full rebuild. those are symptoms of a transmission with burned clutch packs. this happens quite frequently with some tunes on the market. not all, but some.