Sponsored by:

Inexpensive 170MB pdf downloadable service manual

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 11:09 AM

Received 83 Likes on 49 Posts
2012 Mercedes C63 AMG S
Well, this is now getting interesting.

After I emailed Quality Manuals complaining that the 220MB or so of pdf files is incomplete, they sent me 5 MB-WIS-VM .rar files that total to about 12 Gigabytes, via Google Drive.

Now I just need to figure out how to open them properly. I have never used Google Drive. I tried the various obvious "clicking" ways but none worked. I also downloaded all 5 files to my computer, but Unzip won't open them.

I'll eventually figure it out.

Jim G
Old 06-04-2017, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 432 Likes on 355 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Will anything in here help?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=how+t...7qJ-TojwTIpYtQ
Old 06-04-2017, 11:48 AM

2012 Mercedes C63 AMG S
Originally Posted by Mort
Yes, it does. I guess I need to learn how to get, install, and use VMware (virtual machine), which is all new to me. I want to be cautious, as I don't want to screw up my computer configuration. It's also just a latest model MacBook laptop which is not very capable, as I normally do not NEED much processing power - I just mostly use the Chrome Browser, and the MS Office suite - no gaming or anything sophisticated. Not sure I have the computing horsepower to even use a virtual machine environment on very large files.

As a result of your link posting, I did download TheUnArchiver, and it successfully opened the first of the 5 .rar files, but the resulting instructions say the first move is to install VMWare. Need to do more research . . .

I'm not fond of computer complexity. Modern operating systems are so complex that adding anything new often breaks something else that was working fine.

Jim G
Old 06-04-2017, 03:24 PM

2012 Mercedes C63 AMG S
Well on further research, it looks like viewing the files I was given requires buying and installing both VMWare and Windows on my Mac. That's a dead end for me, as my tiny MacBook simply does not have the horsepower to run that kind of setup, let alone the cost and the subsequent "keeping it all current" headaches.

Jim G
Old 06-23-2024, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG W204 2008
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
I did an extensive Google search and found the usual "online access" service manuals, but then also found a downloadable pdf manual that you pay $29.99 for ONCE and you then get a download screen, a downloaded .rar archive file, and a password to open the .rar file.

It appears to be very extensive. Once you unzip the archive package, there are 121 separate pdf files included, which appear to cover every system and subsystem in the car. Here is a screenshot of only a small portion of the pdf files (all that would fit onto my laptop screen):

Attachment 360258

I have only opened a handful so far, but they look like either licensed copies or knockoffs of the actual MB online pages, as they talk about using special tools that are clearly MB tools.

Anyway, I have no comparison standard to compare their content to, but for $29.99 US, some of you might be interested in this setup as it is a 1-time cost, costs far less than any official MB service manual access system, gives you a permanent set of pdf files on your own computer or laptop, and is fully printable so you can print the actual pages you need for a given job.

You can buy it at:

http://qualityservicemanual.com/376/...service-manual

The only hiccup in the easy and very fast download is you initially get a "cannot open" screen after clicking on the downloaded .rar file, but once you click "ok" on that dialog box, it invites you to enter the password that was sent to you, and when you do, it unzips just fine. The entire purchase, download, and open process took me just a few minutes.

Hope it helps.

Jim G
Hinthere. Is it still available ? I am trying to get the eletricam diagram for my c63 amg 2008.. problems related to the CAN Network.