C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed: NA Dyno Tune from AMR Performance!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 06:04 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 C63
Installed: NA Dyno Tune from AMR Performance!

Installed: NA Dyno Tune from AMR Performance!-mike-c63-powerplot_zpsw9apzh0v.jpg
Over the past few months, I have been contemplating mods for this car and the gauntlet has been set. The 507 differential acquisition was a no brainer. Im going to have the dealership install it, just waiting for the AMG tech to get back from vacation. Doing software was also a must being that this engine is seriously detuned from the factory. I was expecting BIG gains even if its only an NA tune...so i began doing my homework...

A couple of weeks ago Eurocharged was having a pretty epic sale and I almost pulled the trigger on the handheld flashloader. However, this AMR place was close and claiming serious gains. So I took the risk and made an appointment.

Great ride out to AMR. Nice to have some good roads to get a few pulls in to calibrate the ol butt dyno...

The facility is clean and organized. Two younger software Engineers are running the place, both are extremely knowledgeable and friendly.

Good vibes all around. I felt comfortable the entire time... Right up until I could see one of them with a confused look after doing a few baseline pulls...so check this crap out:
I purchased this car CPO at a MB owned dealership with 2,750 (yes 2,750) miles on it back in January...Hindsight being 20/20 im glad i went with AMR...because my car already had a tune in it from the Previous owner!!! I can only imagine what kind of situation i would have found myself in trying to load another tune into the ecu by myself.
Can you say, "Mikey Bricked it"?

Lucky for me, these guys saw the tune and informed me of the situation. The rogue tune was installed but turned off. It took a few more minutes but they got their software in without issue.

The end result was a ridiculously significant power increase, especially for an NA tune...there truly is no replacement for displacement...wow.

Shifting the car from D to R and vice versa doesnt feel like such a sluggish transition anymore. You can shift and input throttle without having to wait a couple of seconds for the tranny to kick in. Its a small difference but makes the car feel more refined to me which is a significant comment to make when discussing an aftermarket tune in a luxury car...its a small detail like this that lets me know im dealing with high quality. Ive had MANY tunes over the years. This feels just as good as Dinan or a GIAC...solid, smooth and powerful. No hiccups.

I have noticed that when driving in S/S+/M, stop and go during/after spirited driving, throttle input is moderately sensitive. Car wants to take off like a ROCKET and has become jerky... i find switching to "C" when driving on side streets is both prudent and recommended regardless whether or not the car is tuned. Silly that this car feels the need to downshift into 1st while rolling... Fear not, according to the guys at AMR, throttle sensitivity input can be adjusted to taste....they can also tune the TCU...something im very interested in doing because of the 1st gear downshifts...i really hate that.

LSD should be mod #1 in this car. ill keep saying it, im baffled daily that this car doesnt have one as standard equipment.

I am VERY satisfied with my decision to use AMR. Looking forward to getting some seat time with other tunes so i can compare, but for the money i spent...i didnt go wrong.

Installed: NA Dyno Tune from AMR Performance!-20170628_113945_zps0f5wlxl8.jpg

Last edited by FactoryFast; 07-14-2017 at 06:07 AM.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Nice work sir - glad that you're pleased with it.
The following users liked this post:
Infiniti (07-17-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 10:38 PM

2014 C63
Originally Posted by Celicasaur
Nice work sir - glad that you're pleased with it.
The following users liked this post:
Infiniti (07-17-2017)
Old 07-16-2017, 11:45 AM

Received 109 Likes on 77 Posts
'16 CLS63S
Interesting. Do they offer a handheld tuner to flash back to stock?
Old 07-16-2017, 10:06 PM

2014 C63
Originally Posted by bentz69
Interesting. Do they offer a handheld tuner to flash back to stock?
Yes, they have this option.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:01 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
'13 C63 & AP2 S2000
They say that the TCU is tunable. Can they get rid of the 2nd to 1st downshift in sport and Manual?!?! And simply leave it on S+?
Old 01-03-2018, 06:23 PM

'16 CLS63S
Originally Posted by Dr.b
AMR is a terrible company, be careful, they are always "nice" till they take your money then it all goes downhill
worse customer service, they constantly lie when u have a problem and will always tell you, that you're the only one but then u find out there is alot more, there are now 4 whatsapp groups with ppl that are having and have had problems with them
care to elaborate in detail?
Old 01-03-2018, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 906 Likes on 636 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by Dr.b
AMR is a terrible company, be careful, they are always "nice" till they take your money then it all goes downhill
worse customer service, they constantly lie when u have a problem and will always tell you, that you're the only one but then u find out there is alot more, there are now 4 whatsapp groups with ppl that are having and have had problems with them
I brought up AMR in a negative light on this forum and had an admin contact me about it. Interesting times.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:34 PM

'16 CLS63S
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
I brought up AMR in a negative light on this forum and had an admin contact me about it. Interesting times.
Would you care to elaborate as well? LOL

I ask because I was seriously considering having AMR dyno tune my car after I installed the e85 kit. Take to PM if you want.

I did speak to the OP about a month ago and he has been happy with his tune
Old 01-05-2018, 09:54 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 Cab
He cannot because he I do not believe based on his posts that did business with them. He has a tune from an AMR competitor and seems to have made it a minor mission to denigrate AMR on several posts. I have done business with AMR and my experience was positive. As with any company I am sure their are probably disgruntled customers, but having looked into various tunes, what I found is that the few negative commbebts about AMR were from people who did not do business with them and have no first hand knowledge of specific situations. Fir some reason many people seem to feel like they have to justify their decision to use one service as opposed to another by bad mouthing the products they did not choose. If there are customers that have done business with AMR and have had a bad experience, then I am sure they are free to post about it but I have not seen any.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
^ I used their turbo (t60r journal to be precise), it failed, cost me a motor, they said not their problem. Granted, it was just an Sti and this was 6ish years ago but I wouldn't let them touch my Mercedes. Or Subaru.

AMR is fine, especially if you don't run into issues. Just hope you don't have any problems because they like to lean on "what did you expect, you were modding s car"
Old 01-07-2018, 10:38 PM

2014 C63
PurpleHeart....i get where you're coming from. With modification, comes risk...and 9 times out of 10 the customer wants it to be anybody's fault but their own when something breaks. We all make choices. I chose AMR because Ive paid top dollar for tunes and been disappointed. Also, nothing beats a true dyno tune when you have access to 93 octane. I built two forced induction VR6 Volkswagens and both were constant headaches...mostly because of the tuning which is beyond my skill set...that and doubling the power output causing all kinds of engineering challenges. I was hell bent many years ago against a tuner called eip tuning because my 320hp Stage 1 Supercharged volkswagen was walking away from my fellow enthusiasts 400-450hp Stage 1/2 Turbocharged variants. It was firey times on the forum, many sweaty sessions at the keyboard.

My experience at AMR was positive and I continue to be satisfied with my tune.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
^Yeah, like I said, nothing wrong with AMR as long as you don't run into problems. Enjoy