C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

servicing transmission oil and torq converter -> missing bolt for TC?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 06:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts
2010 C63 2019 GLA45
There was a change prior to the change to MCT. And after what we here in US call a 2010 model, in cars built in 2010 and sold in US as 2011.
All I know is that hardware changes were made and the transmission uses the new low friction MCT fluid.
It is not an MCT.
Determining if I have this was important when I have serviced my transmission and it was not easy. I think it went by the transmission number.
Even the color and size of the plastic drain insert changes.
I have no idea what this does to the torque converter draining, but maybe the WIS has an updated procedure that may or not add an explanation, if no draining of the converter is possible.
Now, getting to the window for the converter was going to be either easy or difficult based on an option that is bolted in the area. Are you sure that there isn't some module and pipes that have to get out of the way, for you to see the window ?
Old 03-24-2020, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,598 Likes on 940 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Black_Mercedes
How could someone not find the port thats on the bottom of the transmission bell housing? That doesn't make any sense.
Then someone did a transmission swap. Because the number of your trans for your VIN is not an MCT.

Or you're... well... you know.
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (03-24-2020)