Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High Flow Cats placement with LTH

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 12:22 PM

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts
2012 C63, 2014 E550
Headers have been installed and they've figured out the placement of everything:

Ceramic coated LTH until midpipes, which will be replaced by 3" 200 cell magnaflow cats into 2.5" straight piping with an H where the resonator used to be.

Car will go for 94 octane dyno tune after everything is installed. I am very excited to see what numbers I put down (on the EC Canada 500 WHP unicorn dyno) and how monstrous this will sound. These 200 cell cats look very hollow and tbh quite useless. I just hope it reduces the smell.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,594 Likes on 938 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by JQuala
I just got my twisted knot of an exhaust system cleared up. Plumbing is all good. I moved my racing cats 200 cell just like yours OP to immediately afternoon collectors and then Mike fabbed me up an H pipe to a custom res delete on my agency power car back.

My car went from sounding like a screaming school girl at high rpm back to the Mercedes signature note. You can literally hear the scavenging when everything is put where it's supposed to be. It's almost as if a sound engineer came in and cleaned up all the rasp and white noise then dropped it down a few octaves. Get on the gas and make the car drop. It's dope. I'll include a video. It's definitely dampened in video format just imagine it twice as loud.

https://vimeo.com/231458973
valves closed
https://vimeo.com/231459413
valves opened
Valves opened sounds awesome.
Old 02-02-2020, 04:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by NotABaller
Headers have been installed and they've figured out the placement of everything:

Ceramic coated LTH until midpipes, which will be replaced by 3" 200 cell magnaflow cats into 2.5" straight piping with an H where the resonator used to be.

Car will go for 94 octane dyno tune after everything is installed. I am very excited to see what numbers I put down (on the EC Canada 500 WHP unicorn dyno) and how monstrous this will sound. These 200 cell cats look very hollow and tbh quite useless. I just hope it reduces the smell.
I know this is an old thread but what kind of numbers did you get? Also did those 200 cell cats do anything?? I just got myself a used set of MBH lth and I wanna coat them before installing thanks to these fourms..

I currently have my res deleted replaced with a x pipe and 2nd cats deleted with straights.

I was thinking of going catless but my concern is that it will smell inside the car? I drive the wife and the kid around too...

What do you guys suggest? Will it actually smell inside the car? Will 200 cell cats help with that?
Old 02-03-2020, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C63 507
Originally Posted by DARRYL D
I know this is an old thread but what kind of numbers did you get? Also did those 200 cell cats do anything?? I just got myself a used set of MBH lth and I wanna coat them before installing thanks to these fourms..

I currently have my res deleted replaced with a x pipe and 2nd cats deleted with straights.

I was thinking of going catless but my concern is that it will smell inside the car? I drive the wife and the kid around too...

What do you guys suggest? Will it actually smell inside the car? Will 200 cell cats help with that?
I'm sort of in the same predicament as you. Getting cats installed soon to reduce the smell. It doesn't smell in the car until you open the windows. The biggest driver for me to get them installed is to taper the smell, and I don't think it will affect sound too much.
The following users liked this post:
doncmleon (04-10-2020)
Old 12-17-2020, 01:52 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 w204 C63 AMG p30
@DARRYL D I would suggest adding some cats. Just got my MBH headers ceramic coated and installed. I am running MBH LTH, straight miss, into an MBH X Pipe, straight pipes to stock muffler. WAYYYY to loud, raspy, and smelly and that is what I was going for... Adding my cats ASAP. then probably removing x pipe for an h pipe.