C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Group Buy: Swift Springs (rear) custom fabricated need 10!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 02:38 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 W204 c63 507
Group Buy: Swift Springs (rear) custom fabricated need 10!

Before I get flamed I apologize for my spacing, paragraph structure etc etc it's a real hard on my iPhone.

I had my kw-v3 fitted with swift springs yesterday. As many probably already know they only manufactured swift springs for the front and not in the rear given the shape of the spring, albeit there have been members in the past who were able to get them custom made by SS.

I was told literally, two members. When I picked up helper springs, I had a chance to meet Lenard from swift springs and we got to talking about making a set of rear springs for my car and extended the offer to the members on this forum. He offered a sweet deal if I can get 10 people to buy rear swift springs he would go ahead and custom fabricate it for us for a great deal! So if anyone is interested in rear swift springs to replace your current KWs any other coilover's springs.

Btw: I'll include pics of my install along with the part number.
Set of front swift springs:
#z60-178-080
Paid roughly 170 I picked them up and avoided shipping costs.

1.Jquala

Last edited by JQuala; 08-10-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 431 Likes on 354 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Why did you replace your KW V3 springs with Swift Springs? What are the advantages of doing this as far as you are concerned? How do the Swift Springs compare to the KW V3 in terms of spring rate, length, spring wire diameter, etc?

How do you intend to balance the rear spring performance with the front? KW V3 are set up and tested to work as a set. You will likely be disturbing this balance. How do you intend to test and adjust the balance of your car as I assume you think you will be getting an improvement of some sort?
Old 08-11-2017, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by Mort
Why did you replace your KW V3 springs with Swift Springs? What are the advantages of doing this as far as you are concerned? How do the Swift Springs compare to the KW V3 in terms of spring rate, length, spring wire diameter, etc?

How do you intend to balance the rear spring performance with the front? KW V3 are set up and tested to work as a set. You will likely be disturbing this balance. How do you intend to test and adjust the balance of your car as I assume you think you will be getting an improvement of some sort?
Mort,

KW V3's springs are progressive as opposed to V3 which are linear. I'm assuming the OP must not be happy with spring rate so he'll looking for a stiffer rear spring.

OP, what rear spring rate to you intend to run? I'm at 11K rear right now, and I find it too soft. Also, you do know that if you run a stiffer spring without re-valving, depending on the extent, you could run into a situation where the spring's over overpowering the damper resulting with a pogo effect?

Another way to go about this is what I'm currently in the process of doing. Fortune Auto is custom fabbing these for me:

Group Buy: Swift Springs (rear) custom fabricated need 10!-hf1dhqy.jpg

I liked going this route as opposed to going with custom spring as I don't know what spring rate I'll eventually end up with. Could be 13k, could be 16k. But this way, I can swap out off the shelf springs as oppose be stuck with one spring forever.
Old 11-04-2020, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by JQuala
Before I get flamed I apologize for my spacing, paragraph structure etc etc it's a real hard on my iPhone.

I had my kw-v3 fitted with swift springs yesterday. As many probably already know they only manufactured swift springs for the front and not in the rear given the shape of the spring, albeit there have been members in the past who were able to get them custom made by SS.

I was told literally, two members. When I picked up helper springs, I had a chance to meet Lenard from swift springs and we got to talking about making a set of rear springs for my car and extended the offer to the members on this forum. He offered a sweet deal if I can get 10 people to buy rear swift springs he would go ahead and custom fabricate it for us for a great deal! So if anyone is interested in rear swift springs to replace your current KWs any other coilover's springs.

#z60-178-080

1.Jquala
KW is given me the information of the spring length is 210mm for coupe and 225mm for sedan. Just wondering if go for 178mm will it drop a lot?
Old 11-26-2020, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by JQuala

#z60-178-080

1.Jquala
what top mount can fit swift spring?
Old 11-26-2020, 03:48 PM

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
'12 P31 C63 coupe
Wink

FYI, I bought fortune auto muller coilovers with 10k front/14k rears, and since fortune auto didn't have 14k rears, I ended up buying BC racing 14k springs for the rears and after 10k miles, I'm still very content with my rear setup and never adjusted it since day 1. The fronts are a different story
Old 11-27-2020, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Originally Posted by AMG3.2
Another way to go about this is what I'm currently in the process of doing. Fortune Auto is custom fabbing these for me:

I liked going this route as opposed to going with custom spring as I don't know what spring rate I'll eventually end up with. Could be 13k, could be 16k. But this way, I can swap out off the shelf springs as oppose be stuck with one spring forever.
Hey ​​​​@AMG3.2 how are these rear LCAs working out for you? I was thinking about doing the same so I could put the KW height adjustment perch at the bottom of the spring versus the top. I assume you did this for the same reason? What springs did you end up with? And did you change the inboard bushing out to monoball or poly, or did you stick with OE? Thanks
Old 01-07-2021, 01:01 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2013 E550 coupe
I know a way

I have a secret where you can run any rear spring back there. I take credit for the first person to do this. I have a hyperco 650# 7” spring back there now. Please excuse the blue polyester strap. I only did that to cover the 1mm gap between the spring and spring seat. I really didn’t have to do it.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:05 AM

2013 E550 coupe
what was wrong with your fronts? Was 10k swift’s too stiff?

Originally Posted by magictoilet
FYI, I bought fortune auto muller coilovers with 10k front/14k rears, and since fortune auto didn't have 14k rears, I ended up buying BC racing 14k springs for the rears and after 10k miles, I'm still very content with my rear setup and never adjusted it since day 1. The fronts are a different story
Old 01-09-2021, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PhuongNguyen
I have a secret where you can run any rear spring back there. I take credit for the first person to do this. I have a hyperco 650# 7” spring back there now. Please excuse the blue polyester strap. I only did that to cover the 1mm gap between the spring and spring seat. I really didn’t have to do it.
That looks perfect. What is the full setup and that top threaded mount you’re using there please? Thx
Old 01-09-2021, 11:37 PM

2013 E550 coupe
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
That looks perfect. What is the full setup and that top threaded mount you’re using there please? Thx

what kind of mount came with the KW kit? The KW kit came with a spring only and cannot adjust height?
Old 01-09-2021, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PhuongNguyen
what kind of mount came with the KW kit? The KW kit came with a spring only and cannot adjust height?
The KW Clubsports come with an extremely short adjustable collar that sits up inside the upper cup. It cannot be adjusted with the springs in place. The KW springs are also much longer than what you’ve posted.

How about some more detail on your setup please?
Old 01-10-2021, 12:00 AM

2013 E550 coupe
My coilovers came with a bottom spring adjuster, so I bought a top spring adjuster from Silvers Neomax. But BC and Fortune auto also has a top spring adjusters. Not sure what Bilstein or H&R comes with.

But if your coilovers came with a top adjuster, then you need to buy a bottom one from Raceworks Novak. You also need to measure the diameter of your spring perch. Mostly like it’s 2.5”. So you can make sure the spring adjuster you will be buying will also come with a 2.5” spring perch.

3rd you need to cut off the threads to one of the spring adjusters so they don’t knock against each other, as showed in the picture.

And last buy a 7” spring with the same diameter as your spring perches, in my case a hyperco 650 lb 2.5” ID spring.

Old 01-10-2021, 12:05 AM

2013 E550 coupe
The KW Clubsports come with an extremely short adjustable collar that sits up inside the upper cup. It cannot be adjusted with the springs in place. The KW springs are also much longer than what you’ve posted.

How about some more detail on your setup please?
Well if you want to replace it, then you will need to buy a top spring adjuster from Silvers, and a bottom from Raceworks Novak. But to be honest, it’s impossible to adjust height with the springs in place with any setup, there’s just no room to fit the Key in there and rotate. You just gotta get it on the first or second try. There is a way I can adjust it, but it’s dangerous and involves using a bunch of zip ties while the spring is compressed, then lower it and adjust it. LOL.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cool thanks, will look into it