C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Bad alternator???? Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 02:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 c63 amg
Bad alternator???? Help!!!

So here a tricky one. I have a 2010 c63 amg. Cars been sitting for a while now since it had some work to be done. I drive it for about a day and started noticing the lights flickering just a tad bit. I got home and boom it shuts off on me. I tried turning it on and nothing. Right away I thought about the alternator. I took the battery off and put it to charge. Put it back in the car and turned on. Left it for about 5 min and disconnected the negative cable while car was still on and noticed it stumbled and after 30 seconds it turns off. now it has a charged battery and when Im driving the car it shuts off on me. Lights and all still work turn the car back on drives for about 10 feet and shuts off again. Starts right up and does the same thing... Now does this sounds like the alternator to you guys or??? Thanks this would help a lot
Old 08-21-2017, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Check your battery first. A dead battery that doesn't retain a charge can do the same thing. Go to an auto parts store and have them check the voltage.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 c63 amg
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
Check your battery first. A dead battery that doesn't retain a charge can do the same thing. Go to an auto parts store and have them check the voltage.
I guess that does make sense. I checked the voltage coming out of the battery yesterday and it maintained at 14v white car was adding. Drove it this morning and battery light came on and started marking abs and other stuff not functioning
Old 08-21-2017, 03:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63 E63
Originally Posted by Memoteee
I guess that does make sense. I checked the voltage coming out of the battery yesterday and it maintained at 14v white car was adding. Drove it this morning and battery light came on and started marking abs and other stuff not functioning

Go to a shop to pull codes, its likely the voltage regulator, which can be changed independently from the alternator