C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

A week with e85

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 03:27 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 W204 c63 507
A week with e85

So I had my e-85 kit installed about a week ago and wanted some time to really get a feel of how my car reacted to it before putting my opinion down on paper...text..what ever. I had the flex fuel kit mostly installed before Labor Day weekend and found out I was missing the e-85 sensor and like the studious businessman he is. Dave found a chevy dealership literally 3 miles from my shop and paid for my sensor. Albeit, I didn't make it in time so I had to wait until Tuesday to install it. Just wanted to applaud Dave from EC for being so brisk when a problem arose and Jerry with the tune.

As the 91 in my tank went down and i replaced it with E85 several things I immediately noticed. The more E85 the tougher cold starts are but that was par for the course. That maybe the only con I can think of aside from watching your fuel drop in front of your eyes when you are really on it.

Now for the fun part. The butt dyno tells me that it is eager to make power across the whole rpm range. It felt extremely eager to hit redline and in combination to my rb rotors I feel like I'm driving a CLA 45 with RWD. It definitely changed many characteristics of the car and indefinitely encourage the more skeptical to try it. I'm waiting for an open dyno and will be posting my findings soon! Also, will be installing underdrive crank pulley if any of you thinks it's a dumb idea please lmk.

Last edited by JQuala; 09-12-2017 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Im an idiot with adjectives
The following users liked this post:
wikiwiki (09-29-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 07:17 PM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2010 C63 AMG Development Package
I have the crank pulley. Honestly I'd wait till you've done all the other mods first before getting it. Also make sure whomever is installing it doesn't try heating up the old one to get the bolt out.