C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Update:on my car the elusive missing 60+hp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 03:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 W204 c63 507
Update:on my car the elusive missing 60+hp

I have another thread started about my car missing around 60hp give or take and with the advise and analysis of many of the forum members in the last three months I think I finally got my car back in working order.
Initially I was running KLEEMAN headers, ghetto row boxes, afe filters to agency power catback making 407whp on a superflow. Thinking it must be the dyno I found a dynojet a month later peaking at 415hp with or without a tune.

in the process of searching for vaccum leaks I educated myself on fuel trims and used it as a basis of how much power I was getting back. After an initial look over on my car I noticed I had bolts missing from my collector. +25% dropped to +18-20%...the hunt continues...Many members including Dave from eurocharged recommended I changed my intake gasket albeit it didn't react with brake cleaner. I decided what the hell...when the gasket was removed I was disappointed my gaskets looked just fine and was trying to point out any little malformation with my mechanic to justify the work. However, even though gaskets were actually fine my mechanic pulled out a shredded vaccum line(it has a yellow outline and goes to the back of the intake manifold) that he hypothesized got caught in between the manifold and the cradle(made up term) and the styrofoam were in the wrong places. Thank you again Rusnak of Arcadia.

Now it dropped to the teens 12-14% LTFT but whenever my cats get hot enough they are well under %10. Another thread regarding cat placement made me realize my cats were too far back to be of any use and the temperature increase had a direct linear correlation with a drop of my LTFT I went to Mike and asked him to design me a custom H pipe that altered my exhaust completely from custom work starting right after cats being relocated after the collectors to a custom res delete on my agency power cat backs. My car was now meaner, throatier and most importantly stronger. My gf is my ultimate dyno having her have a reaction to the car is worth more the. Any dyno because I always have a bias to justify my purchases but she holds reservations to enable me to keep putting money into the car. She was floored when I punched the car.

Ultimately, fuel trims were normal i decided to push things a step further contacted Dave from eurocharged we spoke about E85 months ago but I didn't have the finances thanks to my sponsorship with asus coming through I had an E85 kit on the way. After installing it, the car had dropped in octaves again. It was more...violent...a little less civilized and a little more vindictive on the streets from all the time it's spent leaking somewhere. But all this was speculation until I could dyno it again. I went back to Rennermotorsports in Inglewood Mike the owner dynoed me free the second time. The first time through my dissapointment in my car refused to take money from me and the second time through my pure excitement repeated his act of kindness. I hid a check in his office. Most importantly, my car now dynoed at 474whp and 438tq I still feel there is power left on the table that maybe EC can tune for me but compared to my initial dyno results any improvement was better than none. I'll include videos and dyno comparisons. I have wp8 files if anyone wants analysis them and maybe help me develop more power with my current platform.

C63 507 2015 coupe with KLEEMAN headers, 200 cell HfC to custom H pipe res delete. Legit row boxes afe filters, kw-v3 swift spring conversion (on me for group buy for rear fabrication, its dope) E85 with 550cc injectors, RB rotors and sitting on AP pulley still debating.

Special thanks to: Mike over at Renner Motorsports, Mikes Power Pipe, Dubious Dave over at EC, Jerry from EC, BLKROKT, Celicasaur, Mikegpr03 for taking their time and really try to get my car up and running. I'm sorry if I missed anyone but all of you have been instrumental with my car and I'm eternally grateful for the community here.

PS: if your into computers and dig custom watercooling rigs help me help you with your build today! Axe-IV Customs! Only person in the industry working with goddamn crystal tubing. A little class in your glass! currently 4th in the world in SLI OC on FS Ultra and will have my pc displayed in Taiwan next year!
Attached Thumbnails Update:on my car the elusive missing 60+hp-img_0818.png   Update:on my car the elusive missing 60+hp-dynorunshare_0.png   Update:on my car the elusive missing 60+hp-img_0677.jpg  

Last edited by JQuala; 09-16-2017 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Thanking the community and shameless plug
The following 5 users liked this post by JQuala:
Celicasaur (09-16-2017), compaddict (09-16-2017), doncmleon (05-16-2021), krazzdav (09-18-2017), Tru-Soul (09-16-2020)
Old 09-16-2017, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
Glad your up and running stronger.

Where did you put the cats in the first place? I just got a call that my car is done but I hope I don't have the same issues.

Do you have a pic of under the car
Old 09-16-2017, 04:19 PM

2015 W204 c63 507
Originally Posted by skratch77

Where did you put the cats in the first place? I just got a call that my car is done but I hope I don't have the same issues.

Not currently I have picture of my old spaggeti exhausts
Old 09-16-2017, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by JQuala
Not currently I have picture of my old spaggeti exhausts
Let's see it lol

PS I used to oc also and actually just bought a 7700k to start again.
The following users liked this post:
JQuala (09-22-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 04:28 PM

2015 W204 c63 507
Might be on a lift today

Let's see it lol

PS I used to oc also and actually just bought a 7700k to start again.
I'll get it on a lift maybe today! Definitely will!
Old 09-16-2017, 04:32 PM

2015 W204 c63 507
On yesterday's dyno

E85 really blows you away I had to step back. Felt like I stuck my head out the window while driving
Attached Files
Old 09-16-2017, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Glad to hear your car has made good progress since a few months back - you must be happy. I'm happy for you man. Can you please send me a 3rd gear pull to redline? I'd love to know what it's doing now compared to before.

I do agree though that there's a lot left on the table still. Unless I've missed something, it's safe to assume that most of the recovered power is from the E85 and presumably a much more aggressive tune....? Or is it E85 on top of a normal V7 tune?
JQuala (09-22-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 05:41 PM

2015 W204 c63 507

If you need delid on cpu, shunt mod on gpu, help you design a custom gpu boost 3.0 curve lmk free of charge for all mbworld members. I also have a stupid amount of extra WC hardware fans, radiators, fittings 12,14,16mm tubing, WB etc. give me your case specs and pc complements and I can help you design something tailored to your preferences. All my components that were given to me I won't charge but components I paid for I'll give you a sweet deal at half off and no thermaltake quality ****. I carry Hardware labs radiators, the best fans for performance, quiet or Static pressure mostly in white though. I have extra d5 pumps with extra BP dual d5 tops etc...lmk if you are interested. Hopefully, you can tell I'm not trying to sell my service but giving back to the community while still being able to keep this side job afloat.

Btw here's my ****ty exhaust the before pics
Old 09-16-2017, 05:48 PM

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
'16 CLS63S
Imo your numbers now are consistent with a header/row/tune car. Not a e85 car with those other mods. You should definitely be touching 500whp with e85. Is this a v7 tune? Either way, that tune needs some tweaking.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:47 PM

2015 W204 c63 507
Originally Posted by Celicasaur
Glad to hear your car has made good progress since a few months back - you must be happy. I'm happy for you man. Can you please send me a 3rd gear pull to redline? I'd love to know what it's doing now compared to before.

I do agree though that there's a lot left on the table still. Unless I've missed something, it's safe to assume that most of the recovered power is from the E85 and presumably a much more aggressive tune....? Or is it E85 on top of a normal V7 tune?
IMO I think it maybe the tune...according to my dyno operator who doesn't have a dog in the fight says the car feels stronger than it did last time and stronger than other c63s he's dynoed lately. He also mentioned there's a dip in power a little too early st higher rpms and that a tune to acoomadate E85 24/7 should squeeze that extra 20-30 hp
Old 09-16-2017, 06:50 PM

2015 W204 c63 507
Originally Posted by Celicasaur

Most is from the huge vaccum leak I had with the vaccum line being crushed between the intake manifold gasket, bolts missing from bank 1 collector, airbox bank 1 was t seated all the way around the y inlet...no check valve to my cat backs
Old 09-16-2017, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 110 Posts
2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450
Most is from the huge vaccum leak I had with the vaccum line being crushed between the intake manifold gasket, bolts missing from bank 1 collector, airbox bank 1 was t seated all the way around the y inlet...no check valve to my cat backs
is the tune v7 for 93 or setup for e85?
Old 09-16-2017, 08:00 PM

2015 W204 c63 507
Originally Posted by AMGonFire
is the tune v7 for 93 or setup for e85?
It was v7 tuned for flex fuel but I have committed to E85 given the availability of it in my area. This is all my theory take it with a handfull or two of salt. I assume it's a general tune that adapts to the various amount of E85 or 91 or the mix of the two. A very vague tune to say the least if it's that versatile. Dave from EC did tell me they have a v7 E85 only tune with timing advanced but i would have to commit absolutely to E85. I can always flash back to 91 in a pinch anyways.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It was v7 tuned for flex fuel but I have committed to E85 given the availability of it in my area. This is all my theory take it with a handfull or two of salt. I assume it's a general tune that adapts to the various amount of E85 or 91 or the mix of the two. A very vague tune to say the least if it's that versatile. Dave from EC did tell me they have a v7 E85 only tune with timing advanced but i would have to commit absolutely to E85. I can always flash back to 91 in a pinch anyways.
ok that was my question. So you know your running the regular v7 tune setup for 91 octane. The dedicated v7 e85 tune is what I was wondering if that's what you had. It is not the tune that is so vague. The tune is designed for 91 per your request to eurocharge. The flex fuel controller senses the ethanol content and adjusts the fueling to match. The ecu then takes advantage of the higher octane within the realms of advance that it allows. Just like putting race gas in your car and not being tuned for it. You gain power from the ecu adapting. If you want the most from e85 get the tune designed for it and redyno. For those saying he should have more with e85. Yes your right there is more on the table with a proper tune for it. I know this because I have the flex fuel kit. And run both tunes. V6 93 and e85.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:54 PM

2015 W204 c63 507
ok that was my question. So you know your running the regular v7 tune setup for 91 octane. The dedicated v7 e85 tune is what I was wondering if that's what you had. It is not the tune that is so vague. The tune is designed for 91 per your request to eurocharge. The flex fuel controller senses the ethanol content and adjusts the fueling to match. The ecu then takes advantage of the higher octane within the realms of advance that it allows. Just like putting race gas in your car and not being tuned for it. You gain power from the ecu adapting. If you want the most from e85 get the tune designed for it and redyno. For those saying he should have more with e85. Yes your right there is more on the table with a proper tune for it. I know this because I have the flex fuel kit. And run both tunes. V6 93 and e85.

Ah that's what I assumed albeit, I was sent a new tune from Jerry post flex fuel installation. I'm guessing flex fuel tune is different from E85 tune which would be more optimal since I'm committed. I have been getting rich reading no DTC or anything but I'm sitting on -20-18% LTFT with my obdII settings on and off E85/gasoline. So I'm running rich regardless if my pcm is commanding 9.8:1 or 14.7:1 but it could just be the kit throws off fuel trim readings especially since they were finicky at best before the conversion. Have you ever logged your fuel trims on E85? Any difference to any PIDs I should look out for? Aside from the fuel trims my map, vaccum, IAT, FRP, all look normal
Old 09-17-2017, 06:57 PM

2015 W204 c63 507
Decline in torque too soon?

Hi noticed on other c63s they stop making torque closer to 5k rpm it appears that I'm still falling behind in torque as it dips at past 4-4.5k rpm in all my pulls
Old 09-17-2017, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ah that's what I assumed albeit, I was sent a new tune from Jerry post flex fuel installation. I'm guessing flex fuel tune is different from E85 tune which would be more optimal since I'm committed. I have been getting rich reading no DTC or anything but I'm sitting on -20-18% LTFT with my obdII settings on and off E85/gasoline. So I'm running rich regardless if my pcm is commanding 9.8:1 or 14.7:1 but it could just be the kit throws off fuel trim readings especially since they were finicky at best before the conversion. Have you ever logged your fuel trims on E85? Any difference to any PIDs I should look out for? Aside from the fuel trims my map, vaccum, IAT, FRP, all look normal
i have not ran any logs. Car runs great on the e85 tune though. Been running it since it first came out in March I believe. Love e85. Ran 100 percent e85 20 degree weather no starting issues. Just so you know the kit is designed to be run on a stock car even. no tune is necessary. you just don't make as much power as you could.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:13 PM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
Glad to hear your car is running strong
JQuala (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 09:10 PM

2015 W204 c63 507
i have not ran any logs. Car runs great on the e85 tune though. Been running it since it first came out in March I believe. Love e85. Ran 100 percent e85 20 degree weather no starting issues. Just so you know the kit is designed to be run on a stock car even. no tune is necessary. you just don't make as much power as you could.
Ya. My car cut off after a rough cold start this morning. Restarted and it was fine albeit, temps were real cold and I immediately put it into reverse. What I'm concerned about is Why are my torque numbers relative to rpm so low? I should be able to pull until 5k
Old 09-18-2017, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ya. My car cut off after a rough cold start this morning. Restarted and it was fine albeit, temps were real cold and I immediately put it into reverse. What I'm concerned about is Why are my torque numbers relative to rpm so low? I should be able to pull until 5k
am I not seeing right? Looks like your torque holds till maybe about 5300 or so before dropping off seems fine to me.
JQuala (09-22-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 07:34 PM

2015 W204 c63 507
am I not seeing right? Looks like your torque holds till maybe about 5300 or so before dropping off seems fine to me.
You are right I was looking at the peanut torque/rpm of other dyno results they seem to peak post 4.5k around 5k rpm or is that ultimately a moot problem I’m trying to tackle. Without crossing the line of being power hungry I just feel the my money spent/power gained ratio is a little off putting. Now I’m making 91 FBO power or E85 FBO money

abeit, I did receive a super exclusive one shot, one opportunity, E85 only tune. As far as butt dyno I ASSume, see what I did there, gains were made all along the power band and when I get her back on a real dyno I’ll report back.