Sponsored by:

Tire Advice (Black Series Fitment)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 04:31 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
C63BS
Well congrats!

My own dealer could not source them so I gave up until I eat the next set of tires (probably a few months from now).

Are the tires transformative on the car?
Old 11-10-2017, 05:39 PM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by darkus
Well congrats!

My own dealer could not source them so I gave up until I eat the next set of tires (probably a few months from now).

Are the tires transformative on the car?
Did you try contacting a Discount Tire in your area? Give it a couple of months and I’m sure they’ll be more readily available.

For me, they made a night and day difference. I would attribute that to my previous tires being the AS/3s. I can actually hold a line into a turn now, and be steeping on the throttle without the rear wanting to come around from behind. Gunning it from a dig is beautiful now, much less drama from the rear tires and I can set nice times.

I would have gone with the PS4S, but the rear sizes are not available and Michelin said no plans in the near future for this size. Who knows though, they said the same thing on the rear size for my previous M5 when the PSS came out, lo and behold a year later they ended up making it in that size.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG Black Series
Glad that it worked out!

And just to add to the opinion pot, I do agree that Contis are at a lower level than Michelin. When I had my e60 M5 back in the day, I had the Extreme Contacts (I think that's what they're called) and I did indeed slide around. When I switched to PS3s, the car felt more planted and I felt like there was more traction available.

As for using 295s on the stock rear wheels, I'm running PSSs in that size and I have no problems with it. I do push the car and kick the back end out at times... no issues with controlling the car. I felt very confident in the handling and pushing the car through curves, especially when the tires are warmed up a bit.

I bought the new PS4Ss, stock sized front tires, on discount tire ebay for $378 shipped... They had a coupon for $100 off any purchase over $400 and I stacked that with a 10% eBay bucks promotion.