Software conversion video in motion side effects

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 07:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts
2010 C63 2019 GLA45
Software conversion video in motion side effects

I am reading that some of the software video in motion fix has some kind of effect on the navi, any knowledge with this?
Old 10-18-2017, 10:13 AM

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts
2009 C63 P30, 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8(RIP)
Originally Posted by Vladds
I am reading that some of the software video in motion fix has some kind of effect on the navi, any knowledge with this?

in some of the other style bypasses it doesn't actually bypass the interlock, it turns off the secondary vehicle speed sensor which SOME nav units use to validate current location. So when this happens you're basically dead in the water until you turn the bypass off as your current location will NOT update meaning that if you wanted to watch video you cant navigate or if you just wanted to update nav input in motion you would have to activate bypass, update the info you needed to but then deactivate the bypass so your position would update as you travelled.....i have used MidCity's unit and my personal unit is the NavTV version and neither of those have any issues related to the question you asked, they are almost flawless in operation....HOWEVER, there are a few new companies that now offer a bypass that is STRICTLY software(maybe what you were referencing to begin with) that work by downloading the file after purchase, burning to cd, running in your Comand unit and then it sorts it out internally with ZERO hardware installed....i have NOT used the software only bypass on a W204 but i have used it on several E and ML class Benz and they were flawless in operation as well......and if i had to do it again the software only bypass would be the ONLY route i chose.....hope this helps
Old 10-18-2017, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts
2010 C63 2019 GLA45
Yes, I am referring to software only bypasses.
And the process I am reading is the one you're describing. Download, burn cd insert and follow prompts.
I thought thy I read on mhht exactly the things that you're referring to, but maybe they referred to hardware bypasses.

To your knowledge, once one of these is implemented, hardware or software, does it also unlock entering destination in navigation while driving, keyboard or voice ?

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:51 AM

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts
2009 C63 P30, 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8(RIP)
And the process I am reading is the one you're describing. Download, burn cd insert and follow prompts.
I thought thy I read on mhht exactly the things that you're referring to, but maybe they referred to hardware bypasses.

To your knowledge, once one of these is implemented, hardware or software, does it also unlock entering destination in navigation while driving, keyboard or voice ?

Thanks.
yes, it does.....Nav in motion is unlocked as well as video but i cannot speak to whether or not the Voice functions the same as I, nor the customers ive done this for, use the voice function.....but like i said earlier, even the hardware versions for the Comand unit does not suffer from the issues some other Car Manufacturers do when it comes to bypassing the interlock
Old 10-18-2017, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 465 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R

Thanks.
I did my unlock from these guys on a usb drive http://www.bimmerguru.com/mercedes_benz

It unlocked everything in motion, mostly wanted it so my wife could enter a nav destination while moving, but I have not found anything that is locked while moving since doing this.

Rob