Eurocharged V5 vs V7 dyno poor results and even worse customer service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,576 Likes on 929 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by bentz69
I wouldnt say the tailpipe is worthless. Its still a good tool to get an idea where your at. As far as wideband sensor placement pre vs post cat, Ive seen .2 to .3 leaner for a post cat sensor vs a pre cat sensor. Taking that into account, AND the fact that your using a tailpipe sniffer, you will still get a decent idea if your running abnormally rich or lean. I think we can all agree that trying to dial in a car through a tailpipe sniffer is not the way to go but the OP is not doing that
You get skewed results you can't rely on (as you stated above). Sure, good enough to diagnose a major problem, but not worth much to log and display on the dyno sheet since it won't be accurate.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
Never understood why people don't log air/fuel when they dyno the car. Very useful tool to diagnose the simplest of issues. Just stick the damn sensor in the tailpipe

Impossible to diagnose without knowing many other factors but my guess is your running a tad richer throughout the entire powerbad but who knows without the a/f log
The data tables at the very top of this post do have a column for A/F. Are they believable? Note that the numbers for the year-old data are very different from the current data.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:22 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
14 polar white E550
My car pings on v7 when in load and the throttle mapping sucks , it feels like an on/off switch .
Old 11-14-2017, 11:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 c63
i just received my V7 tune i will download the tune this weekend after installing LT, i hope it will work as good as my V5 was.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:24 AM

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
'16 CLS63S
Originally Posted by zcct04
The data tables at the very top of this post do have a column for A/F. Are they believable? Note that the numbers for the year-old data are very different from the current data.
Not believable. The numbers are fixed throughout the entire rpm range. Impossible

Originally Posted by Amr_c63
My car pings on v7 when in load and the throttle mapping sucks , it feels like an on/off switch .
Which is unfortunately common with the v7 tune because it runs a few more degrees of timing and its supposed to be a tad leaner then previous versions. Which is exactly why a lot of people have been losing power up top (probably pinging). 93 octane is like the minimum for a v7 tune. But the op's graph is very smooth with no jagged dips so it appears to not be pinging. But more parameters need to be logged in order to be certain
Old 11-15-2017, 01:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63
may i ask you in what conditions your car pings?
for example, doing up hills, or smashing full throttle.
does it go away or it keeps pinging?
The following users liked this post:
Gtsman (03-29-2018)
Old 11-15-2017, 02:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 estate PPP
same here pinging when i slam the throttle. Had my 2012 PPP done by MSL in the UK a couple of weeks ago but haven't had a chance to do the 4 hour drive back to have it checked. They say mine is the only one they've had this issue with V7! Seems its more common than they let on. Did you get yours fixed?
Old 11-15-2017, 10:39 AM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
14 polar white E550
Not believable. The numbers are fixed throughout the entire rpm range. Impossible

Which is unfortunately common with the v7 tune because it runs a few more degrees of timing and its supposed to be a tad leaner then previous versions. Which is exactly why a lot of people have been losing power up top (probably pinging). 93 octane is like the minimum for a v7 tune. But the op's graph is very smooth with no jagged dips so it appears to not be pinging. But more parameters need to be logged in order to be certain
93 is the only oct I run.

Originally Posted by Rick X Joaquim
may i ask you in what conditions your car pings?
for example, doing up hills, or smashing full throttle.
does it go away or it keeps pinging?
It pings in high gears under lets say 3k rpm when there is load applied , it goes away in higher rpm . But I might not be able to hear it since the car gets louder.

Originally Posted by Fred Erdbrink
same here pinging when i slam the throttle. Had my 2012 PPP done by MSL in the UK a couple of weeks ago but haven't had a chance to do the 4 hour drive back to have it checked. They say mine is the only one they've had this issue with V7! Seems its more common than they let on. Did you get yours fixed?
I am not the only one having this issue , iv heard of others having this issue as well.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63
93 is the only oct I run.

It pings in high gears under lets say 3k rpm when there is load applied , it goes away in higher rpm . But I might not be able to hear it since the car gets louder.

I am not the only one having this issue , iv heard of others having this issue as well.
thanks,
im having the same issue but only i have the V6 tune and im feeding it with shell v power which is supposed to be 91-93 octane. It happens in both S and C mode.
i might load the stock tune back to see if it happens.

i wonder if this is fuel mixture issue or timming issue.

Last edited by Rick X Joaquim; 11-15-2017 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
Vlad and Slav save the day!!!

Originally Posted by geri1310
I was contacted by Eurocharged Canada and will be heading to their shop to check out whats up with my tune.

Very happy so far with Vlad from EC CAD customer service as opposed to EC USA which failed spectacularly.

However as of this post I am still waiting on my refund.

Sad that EC USA denies any problems when I was pointed out many different posts about the same issues I've had fellow members since my OP.

I’ve since been to eurocharged Canada and met up with Vlad and Slav. They properly tuned my car (at their own expense) and saved my faith in the eurocharged international name. I now highly recommend anyone to go see these guys was worth the trip from Montreal to Toronto for me. The car pulls hard and does a nice 11.6 1/4 mile a totally different beast! Vlad and Slav you kick ***! 😎🏎
Old 08-29-2018, 12:47 PM

Received 99 Likes on 46 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by geri1310

I’ve since been to eurocharged Canada and met up with Vlad and Slav. They properly tuned my car (at their own expense) and saved my faith in the eurocharged international name. I now highly recommend anyone to go see these guys was worth the trip from Montreal to Toronto for me. The car pulls hard and does a nice 11.6 1/4 mile a totally different beast! Vlad and Slav you kick ***! 😎🏎
Glad you got it sorted. My car has never run harder than with V7. Despite the kinks early on, it has been worth it and has kept my interest in the car.