Sponsored by:

V7 Pinging!? Anybody else’s?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 11:30 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2013 C63 P31, V5 tune
Originally Posted by Nates730
Yeah. I flashed it to stock and back like 3 times while on the dyno. Even the guy running the dyno thought it was weird how close the numbers were. I'm sure the tune is taking because I opted for the redline limit increase and I've hit it a few times as well as the downshifts sound mean with the "blip function" and i can feel a slight (better) difference in throttle response. I was hoping to see at least 430 to the wheels but I'm pretty disappointed. He also put a monitor in the exhaust to measure afr but that didnt work out so well.
It usually takes a few times to run it before the car really learns the tune. When I was flashing back and forth all of my numbers after I would flash from a previous tune would be almost identical to the one I just ran. But after getting a few more runs on each individual tune you saw the numbers start to change pretty significantly.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:48 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
C63 AMG PPP Saloon
Originally Posted by dlowery21
That doesn't sound right. I have the v5, v6 & v7 as well as the stock file on my handheld and can go between all 3.
that's what I was told by when I asked
i also have access to hptuners and vbox to do testing, data logging and can buy dyno time but when I asked if this would help to create a better more specific tune I was told no it's as good as it gets as there's not much to adjust ???
Also that the afr range at wide open throttle was between 12.2-13.4 surely that's quite wide and should be possible to tune into more ?
i like my v5 it works well and the car runs great I don't want to change and not be able to revert back which is why I haven't put the v7 on and not sure if I will
Old 11-29-2017, 03:57 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2013 C63 P31, V5 tune
Originally Posted by Brunty88
that's what I was told by when I asked
i also have access to hptuners and vbox to do testing, data logging and can buy dyno time but when I asked if this would help to create a better more specific tune I was told no it's as good as it gets as there's not much to adjust ???
Also that the afr range at wide open throttle was between 12.2-13.4 surely that's quite wide and should be possible to tune into more ?
i like my v5 it works well and the car runs great I don't want to change and not be able to revert back which is why I haven't put the v7 on and not sure if I will
Hmmm that doesn't sound right because I can load all of my tunes individually but if that's what they told you they definitely know more than I do. Is that AFR for the v5 or v7? My AFR for the v7 is like 11.6 which to me seems rich but Jerry said that is the command AFR for that timing which seems weird because I thought it would be leaner. Anyway, hope that helps!
Old 11-29-2017, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Originally Posted by dlowery21
My AFR for the v7 is like 11.6 which to me seems rich but Jerry said that is the command AFR for that timing which seems weird because I thought it would be leaner. Anyway, hope that helps!
Running it richer effectively 'dampens' the chamber and aids in cooling, which makes it safer/less prone to knock.

You can either run it lean with high timing but with increased octane, or you can run it a bit richer and sacrifice 4-5hp in order to gain ~10+hp.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:08 AM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by Infiniti
I use dash command i also take out all the gps logging in settings. A dude on their forum was kind enough to make me a dashboard to monitor all the stuff we need to see. i will get some stuff edited but for now here it is. it’s Tuxedo AMG

That looks awesome.
Where can we download the Tuxedo AMG skin for Dash Command?
Old 12-04-2017, 02:31 AM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63
Originally Posted by Savage-wp
That looks awesome.
Where can we download the Tuxedo AMG skin for Dash Command?
you can search for dashboards and just type tuxedo amg and it will pop up. or just search my name “infiniti”

i am getting a new one made, ill post up then. glad you like it!

Last edited by Infiniti; 12-04-2017 at 02:34 AM.