Old 11-24-2017, 11:27 AM

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts
2024 GLE 63 S AMG SUV
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
LOL!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2017, 12:38 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
'13 C63 & AP2 S2000
When my car had a V3 or V4 tune for 91 oct, it would knock in low RPMs under light load.... Had to run 94oct on a 91 Oct file. So hearing that the V7 knocks too, not surprised. I wonder what octane rating the tune is made for and what people are runing.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 74 Posts
E55 AMG & C63 AMG
No knocking here... but I'm running a custom dyno tune V7 map...
Old 11-24-2017, 01:27 PM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63
Originally Posted by MTV10
are you apart of the "unicorn" club?
Old 11-24-2017, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
If you're running a custom V7 tune or any custom tune for that matter, there should be no way you're knocking given that a tuner is looking at all of this while tuning. This is obviously not the case with folks buying the off the shelf tune hence the hit or miss knocking of V7.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 902 Likes on 633 Posts
E63S | X5
I've said it before and I guess I have to say it again.

We (the consumer) kept demanding newer / faster / "better" tunes on what is otherwise an old technology that mechanically hasn't changed. Furthermore, these cars are not created in a vacuum and each one is a little different from the next. Now, when people want more power all you are really getting is a tune that is slightly more lean than the former with timing adjustments. Eventually, problems will arise when you keep asking for more. Some cars will experience these issues sooner than others which is why you'll see some issues with v6, and now quite a few more with v7. Eurocharged is giving you what you want, more power, but it is coming at a cost for some. V7 is not for every car and that's just the way it is.

Now, in my opinion, as the tunes progressed from the beginning which were intended to just hit the market fast up until now, where there has been plenty of time to refine and adjust, the happy medium is v5.

I know many will disagree, and many others will say they are fine on v6/v7/or whatever this v7 "custom" is (which is really either just a v7 tune you slap "custom" onto yourself, or, is a custom tune that may have a v7 base but has been altered therefore is...custom... but I digress)... Anyways, in terms of the "best" tune for the masses, and for the majority of individuals purposes, the v5 is where you want to be as it is the best version of being refined from the early stages but not pushing (aka leaning) out to the limits with is probably doing more harm than good. Again, this is your choice to run these tunes as the consumer. And again, I'm not saying that the v7 is a bad tune for ALL cars, just some.

If you wanted the BEST tune for YOUR car stop being cheap and go get your car dyno tuned by a professional who knows what they are doing and can adjust the parameters for your car specifically. In other words, stop expecting the generic Rx to respond like the good stuff just because it may have worked for somebody else. Don't have a dyno tuner nearby? Tough. That's life. Be an adult and either take the time off or whatever it is you need to drive to a tuner / find some way to make it work... Or don't. But stop pointing the finger in a direction other than yourself when an off the shelf template tune doesn't take kindly to your car when the tuner / tune your getting were not even made for your car specifically.

Jerry and EC have been taking a lot of flak and blame for these problems (and rectifying them for people rather quickly) and if I were them I'd stop tuning this platform and leave it as is. In fact, I'd even dial back the v7 some which is most likely what is happening to those of you who get your issues solved through EC. You think you're still running v7 or v7 "custom" when the custom email part of that is probably adjusting the timing / richness towards the safer side for your car. I wont even get started on the ridiculousness of the bench tuning / dyno number wars that happen between people thousands of feet above sea level to those at sea level or hot and humid climates to dry and cold ones and then trying to use calculators to compare why one person gets 450whp and another gets 430whp when they have "identical" cars . We do not live in a perfect world that ignores physics etc.

TL : DR --- If you're having problems with v7 ask for the v5 tune and call it a day. OR, stop being cheap and get a dyno tune by a reliable tuner specific for your car if you want optimal performance out of your car.

Side note -- If I ever get nostalgic and buy another c63 I'm coming to the forums to find one. If I see that it had v7 on it... pass. Just saying. Nothing against EC as I would scoop up a v5'd car in a heartbeat. Food for thought.
The following 5 users liked this post by CarHopper:
BadCompany (11-27-2017), BLKROKT (11-24-2017), INS1GNIA (11-25-2017), Mazspeed (11-26-2017), ShaneN. (11-25-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 AMG & C63 AMG
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG

We (the consumer) kept demanding newer / faster / "better" tunes on what is otherwise an old technology that mechanically hasn't changed. Furthermore, these cars are not created in a vacuum and each one is a little different from the next. Now, when people want more power all you are really getting is a tune that is slightly more lean than the former with timing adjustments. Eventually, problems will arise when you keep asking for more. Some cars will experience these issues sooner than others which is why you'll see some issues with v6, and now quite a few more with v7. Eurocharged is giving you what you want, more power, but it is coming at a cost for some. V7 is not for every car and that's just the way it is.

Now, in my opinion, as the tunes progressed from the beginning which were intended to just hit the market fast up until now, where there has been plenty of time to refine and adjust, the happy medium is v5.

I know many will disagree, and many others will say they are fine on v6/v7/or whatever this v7 "custom" is (which is really either just a v7 tune you slap "custom" onto yourself, or, is a custom tune that may have a v7 base but has been altered therefore is...custom... but I digress)... Anyways, in terms of the "best" tune for the masses, and for the majority of individuals purposes, the v5 is where you want to be as it is the best version of being refined from the early stages but not pushing (aka leaning) out to the limits with is probably doing more harm than good. Again, this is your choice to run these tunes as the consumer. And again, I'm not saying that the v7 is a bad tune for ALL cars, just some.

If you wanted the BEST tune for YOUR car stop being cheap and go get your car dyno tuned by a professional who knows what they are doing and can adjust the parameters for your car specifically. In other words, stop expecting the generic Rx to respond like the good stuff just because it may have worked for somebody else. Don't have a dyno tuner nearby? Tough. That's life. Be an adult and either take the time off or whatever it is you need to drive to a tuner / find some way to make it work... Or don't. But stop pointing the finger in a direction other than yourself when an off the shelf template tune doesn't take kindly to your car when the tuner / tune your getting were not even made for your car specifically.

Jerry and EC have been taking a lot of flak and blame for these problems (and rectifying them for people rather quickly) and if I were them I'd stop tuning this platform and leave it as is. In fact, I'd even dial back the v7 some which is most likely what is happening to those of you who get your issues solved through EC. You think you're still running v7 or v7 "custom" when the custom email part of that is probably adjusting the timing / richness towards the safer side for your car. I wont even get started on the ridiculousness of the bench tuning / dyno number wars that happen between people thousands of feet above sea level to those at sea level or hot and humid climates to dry and cold ones and then trying to use calculators to compare why one person gets 450whp and another gets 430whp when they have "identical" cars . We do not live in a perfect world that ignores physics etc.

TL : DR --- If you're having problems with v7 ask for the v5 tune and call it a day. OR, stop being cheap and get a dyno tune by a reliable tuner specific for your car if you want optimal performance out of your car.

Side note -- If I ever get nostalgic and buy another c63 I'm coming to the forums to find one. If I see that it had v7 on it... pass. Just saying. Nothing against EC as I would scoop up a v5'd car in a heartbeat. Food for thought.
Jesus... quite the novel. You really poured your "purple" heart into this one.

As for the V7 'Custom' tune; my car was flashed with a V7 base file. . . Ran 443whp/405wtq on Eurocharged's dyno. The map was then customized, altering certain parameters specific to my car. Ran 455whp/420wtq with the customized file. Whether it is referred to as a 'Custom V7 tune' or a 'Dyno Tune'. . . it's all the same thing.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
^Uh, okay? This is a forum, is it not? Where you are free to write things and stuff to benefit the community? Not sure what you're getting at... Your name sounds familiar ish to me though and maybe you still have a chip on your shoulder about something I said in the past? Or maybe I'm reading into this too much / completely wrong. Who knows.

Anyway, all you said was exactly what I said with regards to the v7 vs v7 custom etc. in that when you guys end up with a "v7 custom" tune all they are doing is altering the base v7 to better suit your own car which is something they'd do after the fact if something wasn't working out with the base v7...

However, it is not the same thing as a dyno tune. Given what you said, I assume that you dyno'd with base v7 at EC and then at the same time they tweaked it a bit, while still on the dyno, and ran it again... But that's not the case for others whose cars are never strapped to a dyno in the entire tuning process and is done based off of logs and other feedback.

Thanks for the post though
Old 11-24-2017, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 AMG & C63 AMG
^Uh, okay? This is a forum, is it not? Where you are free to write things and stuff to benefit the community? Not sure what you're getting at... Your name sounds familiar ish to me though and maybe you still have a chip on your shoulder about something I said in the past? Or maybe I'm reading into this too much / completely wrong. Who knows.

Anyway, all you said was exactly what I said with regards to the v7 vs v7 custom etc. in that when you guys end up with a "v7 custom" tune all they are doing is altering the base v7 to better suit your own car which is something they'd do after the fact if something wasn't working out with the base v7...

However, it is not the same thing as a dyno tune. Given what you said, I assume that you dyno'd with base v7 at EC and then at the same time they tweaked it a bit, while still on the dyno, and ran it again... But that's not the case for others whose cars are never strapped to a dyno in the entire tuning process and is done based off of logs and other feedback.

Thanks for the post though
You're reading too far into it. No stress.

Care to explain what a dyno tune is then? Altering AFR's, variable cam, advancing timing, perhaps?
Old 11-24-2017, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
For anybody with intermittent pinging/lean issues, i'd suggest reading this thread

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...g-results.html

Not normally a huge fan of this, but this guy had a 10% injector variance. That's enough to get a cylinder lean enough to ping, as it's even more pronounced at lower loads, depending on how the injector fouls. This could be an issue with trying to extract every last ounce of power from these engines. I'd like to see someone who just re-tuned and has issues, do the cleaning and see if it goes away.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
You're reading too far into it. No stress.

Care to explain what a dyno tune is then? Altering AFR's, variable cam, advancing timing, perhaps?
A dyno tune is literally that... A car is on a dyno getting dialed in.

Not everyone gets their car tuned on a dyno. A lot of times they are done remotely / through email and sending logs back and forth.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
I thought v7 made power by using vvt tuning along with hp tuners?
Old 11-24-2017, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Originally Posted by skratch77
I thought v7 made power by using vvt tuning along with hp tuners?
It does.

But some cars react to the higher timing advance and end up pulling a lot of timing, negating the tune overall.

Seems like the best way to benefit from it is to have it done via a few attempts/logs read etc on the dyno

HP Tuners is brilliant btw. If you know what you're doing with it, you can get really granular and geeky with it.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:29 AM

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 e63s edition 1

Just over the research I've done since I got my car about a month ago, I had come to a conclusion that I want an EC v5 tune. I actually emailed the person offering the sale (jerry?) last night to ask if they'd still sell me a v5. I'm hoping I can as it seems mostly everyone is happy with theirs. I'm not looking to win any internet dyno dick measuring contests so I'd happily give up 10 or 20whp to err on the side of caution.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
I just got my v7 tune a few weeks ago. I don't hear any pinging but I just took it to get dynoed and it didn't seem to make any power between stock and v7? Stock I got anywhere between 395 and 408 to the wheels. And max hp on the v7 tune was 409. That seams really low to me.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by Nates730
I just got my v7 tune a few weeks ago. I don't hear any pinging but I just took it to get dynoed and it didn't seem to make any power between stock and v7? Stock I got anywhere between 395 and 408 to the wheels. And max hp on the v7 tune was 409. That seams really low to me.
You sure the tune uploaded properly? Sounds like it never got on there.

Car feel any different?
Old 11-25-2017, 12:52 AM

C63 AMG
You sure the tune uploaded properly? Sounds like it never got on there.

Car feel any different?
Yeah. I flashed it to stock and back like 3 times while on the dyno. Even the guy running the dyno thought it was weird how close the numbers were. I'm sure the tune is taking because I opted for the redline limit increase and I've hit it a few times as well as the downshifts sound mean with the "blip function" and i can feel a slight (better) difference in throttle response. I was hoping to see at least 430 to the wheels but I'm pretty disappointed. He also put a monitor in the exhaust to measure afr but that didnt work out so well.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Yeah. I flashed it to stock and back like 3 times while on the dyno. Even the guy running the dyno thought it was weird how close the numbers were. I'm sure the tune is taking because I opted for the redline limit increase and I've hit it a few times as well as the downshifts sound mean with the "blip function" and i can feel a slight (better) difference in throttle response. I was hoping to see at least 430 to the wheels but I'm pretty disappointed. He also put a monitor in the exhaust to measure afr but that didnt work out so well.
Did you buy your car used? It may have already been tuned with an older file and you just didn't know it when you purchased.

Edit -- Nvm, you said you flashed back and forth. And EC would see that it was tuned on the initial file. I'd give them a holler and see what happens.
Old 11-25-2017, 03:00 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
^^^^ This is why you should care.

Originally Posted by dondizl
Thanx, but I’m not sure I really care about the numbers it’d put down, enjoying the ride is all I care about
Old 11-25-2017, 05:41 PM

C63 AMG
Did you buy your car used? It may have already been tuned with an older file and you just didn't know it when you purchased.

Edit -- Nvm, you said you flashed back and forth. And EC would see that it was tuned on the initial file. I'd give them a holler and see what happens.
Yeah I thought that too but I figured EC would see if it was tuned when I sent in my "stock file". Unless they did and just wanted to charge me full price instead of the upgrade price?? I plan to see what they say about it.

Originally Posted by Mag1c Carp3t
^^^^ This is why you should care.
Agreed. Deffinately want to get what I paid for.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:11 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
C63 AMG PPP Saloon

I have v7 and the tuner sitting here but if I put it on the car ec have said it's impossible to reinstall the v5 I have currently
I don't know what to do it's just sitting there
Old 11-28-2017, 05:58 PM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63
Originally Posted by Brunty88
I have v7 and the tuner sitting here but if I put it on the car ec have said it's impossible to reinstall the v5 I have currently

Load the tune on the car and let it eat.

there are HUNDREDS of people running the v7 tune and its running fine and strong. If for some reason your car doesnt react well, Jerry will fix it. You got the V7 cause you wanted more power right? well go for it. I can write out a long post about how you should or what you should do but there is enough info on the v7 since it came out where you can make your own decision. The percentage of cars running it safe and making power is much greater than the percentage of people who arent happy.

to be honest i cant disagree with all purple had to say. he made some really good points and some i dont agree with but that's how it goes.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by Infiniti
Load the tune on the car and let it eat.

there are HUNDREDS of people running the v7 tune and its running fine and strong. If for some reason your car doesnt react well, Jerry will fix it. You got the V7 cause you wanted more power right? well go for it. I can write out a long post about how you should or what you should do but there is enough info on the v7 since it came out where you can make your own decision. The percentage of cars running it safe and making power is much greater than the percentage of people who arent happy.

to be honest i cant disagree with all purple had to say. he made some really good points and some i dont agree with but that's how it goes.
Basically, to sum it up even more -- You don't have to label the tunes v5 / 6 / 7 or whatever... I just think their smoothest most "successful" tune with the least amount of issues for the masses was v5. Eurocharged is awesome and if your car doesn't take well to the tune they'll adjust it so that it does. So, load the v7, and if you document that things aren't how they should be and you send that off to EC they'll send back a new file that'll make your car happy. V(#) is just a label at the end of the day. What you don't want to do is force a file on there and ride it out because you're too lazy (or whatever) to jump through the hoops to get things right knowing you're riding around on a bad tune for your car.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:47 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2013 C63 P31, V5 tune
Originally Posted by Brunty88
That doesn't sound right. I have the v5, v6 & v7 as well as the stock file on my handheld and can go between all 3.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:06 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
09 C63, 04 CTS-V (just sold), 06 325, 15 500e, 96 NPR, 05 C172
So is this "blip function" dependent on the tranny type? I loaded the V7 tune about 10 days ago and while it seems to have addressed the for **** throttle pedal feel, I have noticed practically no performance increase and definitely no change in the way the exhaust sounds on decel or downshifting. To be fair the car was bought used so it could have had a tune already and hence the no difference in the butt dyno feel.

I've got a copy of HP Tuners I bought to use on the now gone CTS-V - maybe I need to just compare the two tunes when I find some time.

Marco
ps love the way the forum censors out $h1t and replaces with **** automatically

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V7 Pinging!? Anybody else’s?