C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 12:40 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
c class
Help!!!!!!

Hey everyone, so this is my first problem since I got the car a year ago.

Today when I started my car it was cold, I put it in reverse and after 2 seconds in reverse, I look in my side mirror to see a bunch of smoke, looked almost like a light brown. I thought my car was on fire. I put it in park and after it disappeared. I checked transmission and oil temp, both fine. Then I thought it might be a head gasket and checked my oil which was also fine. Not sure what to do at this point. No check engine lights so really don’t understand how that happened.

Anyone have advice?

or anywhere in Los Angeles I should take it?

Thanks

andrew
Old 12-05-2017, 01:44 AM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
2015 C63 AMG Coupe
Our cars occasionally produce white smoke during stsrt up, something about moisture in the exhaust.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:09 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 1991 325iS. Ex: 2011 C63 P31
Did it only happen once? Or whenever you tried putting it into reverse?
Old 12-05-2017, 03:14 AM

c class
Originally Posted by kimeran
Did it only happen once? Or whenever you tried putting it into reverse?
this was the first time it had happened...
Old 12-05-2017, 03:16 AM

c class
Originally Posted by AhhMyyGawd
Our cars occasionally produce white smoke during stsrt up, something about moisture in the exhaust.
This wasn’t anything I have ever experienced... I have seen some white smoke before. This smelled really bad and was somewhat brown. Then just disappeared. The car feels semi sluggish and the Rpms are not as crisp
Old 12-05-2017, 03:35 AM

Received 91 Likes on 73 Posts
2020 E 300 Coupe and 2019 GLS 400
Originally Posted by silverstar11909
This wasn’t anything I have ever experienced... I have seen some white smoke before. This smelled really bad and was somewhat brown. Then just disappeared. The car feels semi sluggish and the Rpms are not as crisp
Did it look like this? I know it is white, bluish smoke, but the mirrors could've given you a false color, auto-dimming and stuff?

Old 12-05-2017, 04:03 AM

c class
Originally Posted by Solo wing
Did it look like this? I know it is white, bluish smoke, but the mirrors could've given you a false color, auto-dimming and stuff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-T02BwBUgg
not really, but now that I think about it earlier that day I pressed the start button on and off before the car turned over.. wondering if that has anything to do with it. I let it sit for a few hours and left again.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 465 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Mine will do it sometimes if you start the car and then shut it off fairly quickly then start it again within an hour or so, it is more likely if I rev it a bit after the first start - seems the car will run rich and leave some fuel that then burns off the next start, smoke is a bit grey to dark grey, just a big puff and then cleans up. Seems worse with a tune, but doesn't normally happen, only in a restart condition it seems.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:28 PM

c class
Originally Posted by roadkillrob
Mine will do it sometimes if you start the car and then shut it off fairly quickly then start it again within an hour or so, it is more likely if I rev it a bit after the first start - seems the car will run rich and leave some fuel that then burns off the next start, smoke is a bit grey to dark grey, just a big puff and then cleans up. Seems worse with a tune, but doesn't normally happen, only in a restart condition it seems.

interesting... it would make since if there was fuel still in there... I’m about to go start it up for the first time today... I’ll have my camera ready lol
Old 12-05-2017, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
Originally Posted by roadkillrob
Yeah, this. It especially happens if the car is cold at the first start and is still in the rich high-idle mode when you shut it off. The next start is likely to have an ugly cloud. It was a bit of a scare the first time it happened.

OP mentioned that car seemed sluggish since then. That may be just heightened driver sensitivity. If not - if it really is sluggish - you have something different going on.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:44 PM

c class
Originally Posted by zcct04
Yeah, this. It especially happens if the car is cold at the first start and is still in the rich high-idle mode when you shut it off. The next start is likely to have an ugly cloud. It was a bit of a scare the first time it happened.

OP mentioned that car seemed sluggish since then. That may be just heightened driver sensitivity. If not - if it really is sluggish - you have something different going on.
lol it scared the **** out of me lol... and smelt horrible. I had flashbacks of seeing lambos catching on fire. But yes it could be heighted, I’m going to try later today when traffic is gone and see how it feels