Sponsored by:

Armytrix Cat Delete pipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 08:04 PM

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
2013 c63 amg dev pack
Armytrix Cat Delete pipes

Hi all. New member here. Recently transferred over from the m3forums after selling my e92 and joining the darkside. Been looking for some affordable mod options and didn't want to shell out 3k for headers. With the m3, cat delete test pipes were a popular mod, but it seems most here either go with lt headers or only do the secondary cats. Was wondering why more don't go with a full delete like this?

https://www.armytrixusa.com/shop/arm...amg-w204-08-14

I've searched like crazy and can't find any reviews or dynos on these. Seems that paired with plm's these might be a good alternative to long tubes for half the price. I've seen that mikes power pipe nets about 10 hp, so I gotta think these downpipes are worth 20+, no? And with PLM's is there any reason not to expect a 30+ rw gain. How come more people don't go this route?
Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Doc Oc; 01-17-2018 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:29 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2013 P31 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by Doc Oc
Hi all. New member here. Recently transferred over from the m3forums after selling my e92 and joining the darkside. Been looking for some affordable mod options and didn't want to shell out 3k for headers. With the m3, cat delete test pipes were a popular mod, but it seems most here either go with lt headers or only do the secondary cats. Was wondering why more don't go with a full delete like this?

https://www.armytrixusa.com/shop/arm...amg-w204-08-14

I've searched like crazy and can't find any reviews or dynos on these. Seems that paired with plm's these might be a good alternative to long tubes for half the price. I've seen that mikes power pipe nets about 10 hp, so I gotta think these downpipes are worth 20+, no? And with PLM's is there any reason not to expect a 30+ rw gain. How come more people don't go this route?
Thanks for reading!
Welcome! and because why pay $1000 for that when you can go to a shop and have them fab it for like half the price? lol plus the the log styled manifold is still pretty restrictive. that’s why most people go with LTH. Zero drone, much louder sound with fat gains. Either wait for a sale or pay retail. I think MBH has a sale for their lth for around $2450? or if you go with ARH, wait for their 10% sale, can get ther catted headers with mid section setup for around $3200.

Last edited by myn8m3is8ndy; 01-17-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts
'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
Good question...

Not many people are using PLMs or other"short-tube" headers as far as I have seen.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:25 PM

2013 c63 amg dev pack
Originally Posted by myn8m3is8ndy

Welcome! and because why pay $1000 for that when you can go to a shop and have them fab it for like half the price? lol plus the the log styled manifold is still pretty restrictive. that’s why most people go with LTH. Zero drone, much louder sound with fat gains. Either wait for a sale or pay retail. I think MBH has a sale for their lth for around $2450? or if you go with ARH, wait for their 10% sale, can get ther catted headers with mid section setup for around $3200.
I agree on the fab shop thing...that link was more for reference. Was just wondering why I haven't seen anyone running this combo? ~$500 for test pipes, $500 for manifold. That's probably about 75% of the hp gain you get from headers for ~1/3 the price....yet it seems no one runs this setup. No budget modders here?
Old 01-18-2018, 11:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
'10 C63 P30
Wink

I agree on the fab shop thing...that link was more for reference. Was just wondering why I haven't seen anyone running this combo? ~$500 for test pipes, $500 for manifold. That's probably about 75% of the hp gain you get from headers for ~1/3 the price....yet it seems no one runs this setup. No budget modders here?
Wild to see this post - budget modder here and had been researching the exact same thing. Am willing to sacrifice some performance for $$$ but not reliability or create a potential hassle with a difficult redo (unproven headers?). From all I've read, removing 2nd cats 'maybe' +5hp but done more often for sound with a decent variety of pipe options. Removing primary cats(w/o LTH) maybe 10-15hp and a bit more with a tune but very limited AM options currently (recall a couple posts about products no longer available). Losing out on maybe 15-25hp(w/tune) w/o LTH as well as maybe 'sound' but as you said, save $2K and probably more. I try to diy as much as possible but lth on this car appear beyond my 1-man weekend skills so add $600-$1K for install plus mid-pipes. Fab shop may be fine but best I can tell, the armytrix appears direct bolt-on to oem manifold(a guess) as well as thru to the oem resonators(no mid pipe expense) - I'm guessing it's too raspy for my tastes and I'd probably add vibrant ultra-quiet resonators(assuming a place to fit), but if the cat dummys are resonators as well(I doubt but can always dream) could prove to be good deal?

I plan on pursuing this more but may be a while. I just received my '10 c63 p30 2 days ago and dealing with valve cover leaks and whether to mess with an auction warranty repair or diy. Definitive plans are for e85-flex(I'm sold on e85 since my subi build and is readily available for me) along w/headbolts with tune and exhaust to probably follow. I'm taking it easy until VCG and HB done but even so, car currently feels a bit over-powered in current freezing conditions(blasphemy I know) - only 2-days in with very limited driving and I'm sure my quest for even more power will return in the spring Please post if you find out any details on the armytrix or find other AM options.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:42 AM

2013 c63 amg dev pack
Originally Posted by gmore
Wild to see this post - budget modder here and had been researching the exact same thing. Am willing to sacrifice some performance for $$$ but not reliability or create a potential hassle with a difficult redo (unproven headers?). From all I've read, removing 2nd cats 'maybe' +5hp but done more often for sound with a decent variety of pipe options. Removing primary cats(w/o LTH) maybe 10-15hp and a bit more with a tune but very limited AM options currently (recall a couple posts about products no longer available). Losing out on maybe 15-25hp(w/tune) w/o LTH as well as maybe 'sound' but as you said, save $2K and probably more. I try to diy as much as possible but lth on this car appear beyond my 1-man weekend skills so add $600-$1K for install plus mid-pipes. Fab shop may be fine but best I can tell, the armytrix appears direct bolt-on to oem manifold(a guess) as well as thru to the oem resonators(no mid pipe expense) - I'm guessing it's too raspy for my tastes and I'd probably add vibrant ultra-quiet resonators(assuming a place to fit), but if the cat dummys are resonators as well(I doubt but can always dream) could prove to be good deal?

I plan on pursuing this more but may be a while. I just received my '10 c63 p30 2 days ago and dealing with valve cover leaks and whether to mess with an auction warranty repair or diy. Definitive plans are for e85-flex(I'm sold on e85 since my subi build and is readily available for me) along w/headbolts with tune and exhaust to probably follow. I'm taking it easy until VCG and HB done but even so, car currently feels a bit over-powered in current freezing conditions(blasphemy I know) - only 2-days in with very limited driving and I'm sure my quest for even more power will return in the spring Please post if you find out any details on the armytrix or find other AM options.
Funny you say that, a flex fuel kit is my next step too. Headed to the dyno next week to get a baseline before the plm/dp install (not looking forward to that) and will post before and after results asap. If this combo can net 30 rw I'll be ecstatic. According to the dyno's posted here PLM's gain about 12 peak rwhp but as much as 20 in the lower power band. I expect at least 20 from the test pipes. The m3 netted 22 rw with just primary deletes, can't imagine the 6.2 wouldn't gain the same unless the m3 has much more restrictive cats, which I doubt. Maybe I'm dreaming but we will see.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:29 AM

'10 C63 P30
Funny you say that, a flex fuel kit is my next step too. Headed to the dyno next week to get a baseline before the plm/dp install (not looking forward to that) and will post before and after results asap. If this combo can net 30 rw I'll be ecstatic. According to the dyno's posted here PLM's gain about 12 peak rwhp but as much as 20 in the lower power band. I expect at least 20 from the test pipes. The m3 netted 22 rw with just primary deletes, can't imagine the 6.2 wouldn't gain the same unless the m3 has much more restrictive cats, which I doubt. Maybe I'm dreaming but we will see.
I'm more of a butt-dyno guy(again, budget modder but some say...cheap-a$$), but please post results. Lots of good info/posts here on the EC Flex kit(am leaning this way), but VRP has a much cheaper 2nd generation kit that's fairly new with no real info/feedback that I can find yet - I do recall a 'not so great' review on the 1st generation VRP kit but can't find the post now? Will research the VRP more when I get there and post as what I find.

Trending Topics

Old 01-19-2018, 10:36 AM

2013 c63 amg dev pack
Please do. I've been resigned to paying $1500 for the kit, would be pumped to find it cheaper!
Old 04-03-2019, 09:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 Mercedes C63 AMG
Please do. I've been resigned to paying $1500 for the kit, would be pumped to find it cheaper!
did either of you ever come back with some results? Leaning towards the plm manifold and amytrix downpipe as well.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:33 PM

'10 C63 P30
Originally Posted by dmd-amg-c63
did either of you ever come back with some results? Leaning towards the plm manifold and amytrix downpipe as well.
happy with what I did...
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...t-exhaust.html
Old 04-05-2019, 11:20 PM

2013 c63 amg dev pack
Originally Posted by dmd-amg-c63
Results as far as horsepower gained? Picked up 37 hp with the manifolds and armytrix. Later welded in some cats to tame the sound (didn't work) and smell (did work). Setup is currently on ebay
Old 09-10-2019, 11:47 AM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
2020GLC63
Do these pipe remove the factory resonators?
Old 09-10-2019, 02:28 PM

2013 c63 amg dev pack
Nope, connect right in front of the res
Old 09-10-2019, 02:30 PM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
2020GLC63
Nope, connect right in front of the res
Thank you, I'm following you, actually found your youtube channel videos. If you were to do it again would you do it differently? Would you have gone LT's instead?