C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windows won't roll up also AgencyPower Exhaust Problems.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG, 2013 CLS63 SAMG, FORD F350, BMW 750LI
Windows won't roll up also AgencyPower Exhaust Problems.

Recently I had my car tuned and everything was fine.

A few days ago I was driving I realized that my passenger window will roll down (single click and double click no problem) but when I try to double click for the automatic roll up. It won't roll up. It stops I had to manually hold it for it to roll all the way up and once its rolled all the way up it and i let go of the window button it will drop down like half an inch.

I took it to the dealership and they told me its the motor, they replaced the motor and it was fine for the first day but the next day same thing happened again. I took it back to the dealership and they told me they're not sure they have to look over all the wiring.
Anyone know what the issue could be?

Also I have agency power valve control exhaust. Anyone have issues of it closing on its own at higher gears and higher rpms? When I rev it too high past like 4/5 RPM it sounds quieter.

Thanks
Old 02-07-2018, 05:29 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2013 P31 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by Jacked a c63
Recently I had my car tuned and everything was fine.

A few days ago I was driving I realized that my passenger window will roll down (single click and double click no problem) but when I try to double click for the automatic roll up. It won't roll up. It stops I had to manually hold it for it to roll all the way up and once its rolled all the way up it and i let go of the window button it will drop down like half an inch.

I took it to the dealership and they told me its the motor, they replaced the motor and it was fine for the first day but the next day same thing happened again. I took it back to the dealership and they told me they're not sure they have to look over all the wiring.
Anyone know what the issue could be?

Also I have agency power valve control exhaust. Anyone have issues of it closing on its own at higher gears and higher rpms? When I rev it too high past like 4/5 RPM it sounds quieter.

Thanks
for the exhaust, got armytrix, same “issue” it’s normal for it to sound quieter after higher rpms.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jacked a c63

This also happens to my car and I have a W212. I put it down to being 'a Mercedes bug' that just happens every couple/few months and lasts 2-3 weeks. Totally random when it happens and it happened when the car was stock + even after it was tuned. I've lost the will to care because it sounds like a software bug, rather than a hardware issue.

FWIW my car had the latest MB software update in Spring 2017, but still no dice.
The following users liked this post:
Jacked a c63 (02-09-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 434 Likes on 357 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
There is a procedure to reset the side windows in the owner's manual.
- Close all the doors.
- Turn the smartkey to position 1 or 2 in the ignition lock.
- Pull the corresponding switch on the door control panel until the side window is completely closed.
- Hold the switch for an extra second.
if the side window opens again slightly:
- Immediately pull the corresponding switch on the door control panel until the side window is completely closed.
- Hold the switch for an additional second.
if the corresponding side window remains closed after the button is released, the side window has been reset correctly.
if this is not the case, repeat the steps above again.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mort:
ghh923 (02-07-2018), Jacked a c63 (02-09-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
So basically....keep holding the switch back/up, until it plays ball?

I'll try this next time.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:07 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
B5S4, 2013 P31 C63
Originally Posted by myn8m3is8ndy

for the exhaust, got armytrix, same “issue” it’s normal for it to sound quieter after higher rpms.
Same here, I'm pretty sure (AP exhaust). I'll see if I can post my dyno video later with valves open and pulling in 5th to 6.5kish. IIRC, it was howling for much of the run up, leveled off, then had some great decel music.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG, 2013 CLS63 SAMG, FORD F350, BMW 750LI
Originally Posted by myn8m3is8ndy

you have the same problem at high speed as well?

I'll be cruising on the highway going around 60-65 and then suddenly when I go WOT, the car is super quiet. It's like the valves decided to close.
But
When I'm cruising normally and just give it a little bit of gas or half way to the floor it will scream.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 434 Likes on 357 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Your valved exhaust is activated by vacuum. When go go WOT the vacuum in the intake manifold goes to almost zero. Therefore the valves close if they don't have a back-flow preventer or is is weak or worn out. Not sure how the vacuum activated valves work exactly but this could explain why the exhaust note is quiet at WOT but still robust at part throttle.
The following users liked this post:
Jacked a c63 (02-15-2018)