Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C63 AMG (W204)
ESS Supercharger Group Buy >

ESS Supercharger Group Buy

Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ESS Supercharger Group Buy

 
Old 02-15-2018, 12:21 PM
  #26  
Out Of Control!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 13,449
Liked 67 Times in 54 Posts
haters crazy
Nice 👍

Last edited by blackbenzz; 02-15-2018 at 12:48 PM.
blackbenzz is offline  
Old 02-15-2018, 12:45 PM
  #27  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 148
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
C63 AMG PPP Saloon
Cool

Originally Posted by blackbenzz View Post
$325 for shipping

Should be around $325 if you are close to his location.

Thanks

👍
damn that's cheaper than I thought
and how much just for the tuning as I already have a handheld unit ?
Brunty88 is offline  
Old 02-15-2018, 12:50 PM
  #28  
SPONSOR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 257
Likes: 0
Liked 45 Times in 30 Posts
C63 and CLK55
Originally Posted by Brunty88 View Post

bridge road
camberley
Surrey
gu152qr
$325 for shipping
Originally Posted by Cozy View Post
Im with Brunty, Id need shipping to the UK
Should be around $325 if you are close to his location.
Originally Posted by skratch77 View Post
This is a really good deal and ideal for someone that has a bone stock car.
Thanks
Originally Posted by Kriston View Post
Damn....
👍
East Coast Euro is offline  
Old 02-15-2018, 12:52 PM
  #29  
SPONSOR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 257
Likes: 0
Liked 45 Times in 30 Posts
C63 and CLK55
Originally Posted by Brunty88 View Post


damn that's cheaper than I thought
and how much just for the tuning as I already have a handheld unit ?
$100 less if you already have the handheld unit.
East Coast Euro is offline  
Old 02-15-2018, 03:39 PM
  #30  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 148
Liked 22 Times in 19 Posts
2014 C63 AMG Edition 507 coupe
What would shipping run on the full kit to Honolulu, Hawaii (96822)? Thanks.
BadCompany is offline  
Old 02-15-2018, 04:27 PM
  #31  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
mr747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,124
Liked 117 Times in 93 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by ritalin View Post
Exactly. If you get it custom tuned w e85 you should be killing it. I would think even 8psi is low considering the weistec boys seem to be 11-12 psi. Maybe Brad can chime in.

My struggle right now is not jumping ship to the RS3 platform with an Iroz xona turbo......
I DO NOT suggest you run the flex fuel kit with a blower setup

You are already pushing the fuel system with blower without e85 adding e85 on factory fuel pumps and lines and 550cc injectors can result in failure

Do not take short cuts
Stock weistec kit runs 9-10psi my friend as weistec use there own crank pulley

ESS 8psi kit is pretty low
mr747 is offline  
Old 02-15-2018, 05:03 PM
  #32  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 186
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
2013 c63
couple things.... These ESS kits are complete, they include the new air filters, gaskets and even new intake manifold bolts (they are not re-useable). Maybe some power steering fluid and coolant is all you have to provide

As an aside, unless they have changed it, for the complete kit, the ecus need to get sent to ESS for reprogramming as they dont have a remote or flash tune. However, they were working on it, so it is possible this has changed...
kavik is offline  
Old 02-15-2018, 06:03 PM
  #33  
Out Of Control!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 13,449
Liked 67 Times in 54 Posts
haters crazy
There is someone who is running flex fuel and 10psi with the ESS kit but he has upgraded injectors, fuel pumps and a custom tune.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 02-15-2018 at 06:06 PM.
blackbenzz is offline  
Old 02-15-2018, 06:08 PM
  #34  
SPONSOR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 257
Likes: 0
Liked 45 Times in 30 Posts
C63 and CLK55
Originally Posted by BadCompany View Post
What would shipping run on the full kit to Honolulu, Hawaii (96822)? Thanks.
Shipping to Honolulu is $200.
East Coast Euro is offline  
The following users liked this post: East Coast Euro
BadCompany (02-16-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 06:25 PM
  #35  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
mr747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,124
Liked 117 Times in 93 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by blackbenzz View Post
There is someone who is running flex fuel and 10psi with the ESS kit but he has upgraded injectors, fuel pumps and a custom tune.
Awesome bud

I wouldnt be game enough to be running flex fuel kit on my 700whp setup

Just saying......
mr747 is offline  
Old 02-15-2018, 09:56 PM
  #36  
Senior Member
 
gzim335's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 361
Likes: 0
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
c63 coupe p31weistec stg3
Originally Posted by mr747 View Post
Awesome bud

I wouldnt be game enough to be running flex fuel kit on my 700whp setup

Just saying......
+1
your car should be dialed in and tuned on right fuel
gzim335 is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 10:42 AM
  #37  
SPONSOR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 257
Likes: 0
Liked 45 Times in 30 Posts
C63 and CLK55
Originally Posted by mr747 View Post
Awesome bud

I wouldnt be game enough to be running flex fuel kit on my 700whp setup

Just saying......
Originally Posted by gzim335 View Post
+1
your car should be dialed in and tuned on right fuel
We agree that the car should have the fueling system and tune to support whatever fuel the car will be using.
East Coast Euro is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 04:59 PM
  #38  
Member
 
Big Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 88
Liked 30 Times in 17 Posts
2012 C63 with P30, LSD, and EES Supercharger, 1959 Plymouth with Viper V10 and Tremec 6sp
I am on the list for the complete kit at this amazing price! Ahmad is saving us a lot of money we can use for other mods so if you are on the fence a system this complete with a Gen 3 blower will never be less money. Go for it!
Big Jimbo is offline  
Old 02-17-2018, 09:18 PM
  #39  
SPONSOR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 257
Likes: 0
Liked 45 Times in 30 Posts
C63 and CLK55
Originally Posted by Big Jimbo View Post
I am on the list for the complete kit at this amazing price! Ahmad is saving us a lot of money we can use for other mods so if you are on the fence a system this complete with a Gen 3 blower will never be less money. Go for it!
Thanks! We have started invoicing for the group buy.

Please contact us if you're ready to place your order in the group buy and we can email you an invoice
East Coast Euro is offline  
Old 02-19-2018, 04:05 AM
  #40  
Senior Member
 
MBNRG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 393
Liked 58 Times in 48 Posts
it like he stole it.
Thanks for setting up this GB, Ahmad

Does the bottom of the ESS SC contact the engine valley? What heat shielding does the ESS unit employ at the bottom near the valley?

Do you have any additional photos of the ESS unit after you opened it up, and of the bottom of the unit?
MBNRG is offline  
Old 02-19-2018, 08:27 AM
  #41  
SPONSOR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 257
Likes: 0
Liked 45 Times in 30 Posts
C63 and CLK55
Originally Posted by MBNRG View Post
Thanks for setting up this GB, Ahmad

Does the bottom of the ESS SC contact the engine valley? What heat shielding does the ESS unit employ at the bottom near the valley?

Do you have any additional photos of the ESS unit after you opened it up, and of the bottom of the unit?
You're welcome!

The bottom of the ESS does not contact the engine valley. It bolts up to the heads but the supercharger has the map sensor bolted to the bottom of it and even that has clearance. There is no heat shielding provided.

The ESS is designed with the supercharger on the bottom and intercooler on top to help with cooling versus what is available from other companies.

I do have pictures of it opened up but I did not take pictures of the bottom. The bottom is just the top of the Gen 3 Whipple supercharger. Here are the pics of the opened up ESS. You can see the large intercooler and why putting the intercooler on top is better for cooling versus sandwiching it between a hot engine and hot supercharger. Feel free to ask me any other questions!


East Coast Euro is offline  
The following users liked this post: East Coast Euro
MBNRG (02-20-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 09:53 PM
  #42  
Senior Member
 
Mag1c Carp3t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 434
Liked 19 Times in 17 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Hmm...
Mag1c Carp3t is offline  
Old 02-20-2018, 10:12 PM
  #43  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 18
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
c63
Hi whats the price of shipping to Sydney Aus?
Looks like power steering resevoir stays in place?
Thanks
jumborx is offline  
Old 02-21-2018, 08:09 AM
  #44  
SPONSOR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 257
Likes: 0
Liked 45 Times in 30 Posts
C63 and CLK55
Originally Posted by Mag1c Carp3t View Post
Hmm...
Let us know if you decide to get in on the group buy
Originally Posted by jumborx View Post
Hi whats the price of shipping to Sydney Aus?
Looks like power steering resevoir stays in place?
Thanks
$400 USD to Sydney, Australia.

The power steering reservoir is relocated and a replacement reservoir is included in the kit. It bolts to the passenger side head. I can take a pic for you if you'd like.

Last edited by East Coast Euro; 02-21-2018 at 10:02 AM.
East Coast Euro is offline  
Old 02-21-2018, 03:28 PM
  #45  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 66
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
n/a
Originally Posted by blackbenzz View Post
ESS does not offer remote tuning but we are working with Eurocharged to offer a handheld programmer with remote tuning capabilities for those who do not want to ship their ECU to ESS or want custom tuning. Cost will be $1000 with the handheld.

.
Is remote tuning a go and is that $1k on top of the existing pricing?
CyanideRide is offline  
Old 02-21-2018, 03:30 PM
  #46  
SPONSOR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 257
Likes: 0
Liked 45 Times in 30 Posts
C63 and CLK55
Originally Posted by CyanideRide View Post
Is remote tuning a go and is that $1k on top of the existing pricing?
Yes the remote tuning is offered by Eurocharged for $1k on top of existing price. You could opt for the tuner kit and buy injectors and tuning separately
East Coast Euro is offline  
Old 02-21-2018, 03:37 PM
  #47  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 186
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
2013 c63
If something goes south and messes up the engine, if you aren't using ess' tune, (ie using the eurocharged one) what happens with supercharger / engine damage warranty? A handheld tune would be nicer to have...
kavik is offline  
Old 02-21-2018, 08:33 PM
  #48  
SPONSOR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 257
Likes: 0
Liked 45 Times in 30 Posts
C63 and CLK55
Originally Posted by kavik View Post
If something goes south and messes up the engine, if you aren't using ess' tune, (ie using the eurocharged one) what happens with supercharger / engine damage warranty? A handheld tune would be nicer to have...
Which warranty are you referring to?


Here is the power steering reservoir

East Coast Euro is offline  
Old 02-21-2018, 11:43 PM
  #49  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 186
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
2013 c63
Originally Posted by kavik View Post
If something goes south and messes up the engine, if you aren't using ess' tune, (ie using the eurocharged one) what happens with supercharger / engine damage warranty? A handheld tune would be nicer to have...
I was talking about the 2 year warranty with ESS stuff.

As an aside, from what I understand, ESS has 2 tunes, their "normal" which one moderates throttle input and controls torque output so it is safe for the pre-facelift transmissions and which most of their c63 stuff comes with. I think they also offer a "open" tune for MCT cars or built transmissions. I don't think the two have been compared on similar comparable cars to see the difference and was wondering if you had heard anything about it or if there were any performance differences? thanks
kavik is offline  
Old 02-23-2018, 06:47 AM
  #50  
SPONSOR
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 257
Likes: 0
Liked 45 Times in 30 Posts
C63 and CLK55
Originally Posted by kavik View Post
I was talking about the 2 year warranty with ESS stuff.

As an aside, from what I understand, ESS has 2 tunes, their "normal" which one moderates throttle input and controls torque output so it is safe for the pre-facelift transmissions and which most of their c63 stuff comes with. I think they also offer a "open" tune for MCT cars or built transmissions. I don't think the two have been compared on similar comparable cars to see the difference and was wondering if you had heard anything about it or if there were any performance differences? thanks
If you use another tun tuner that voids any warranty.

Here is the response I received to your second question:
"Standard software has throttle modulation in mid range to help traction issues and avoid transmission/diff problems. This is highly recommended!"
East Coast Euro is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: ESS Supercharger Group Buy


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: