C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Actively Looking To Purchase A C63 507 - Any Recommended Upgrades / Modifications?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2018 | 09:58 AM

BMW E93 M3
Actively Looking To Purchase A C63 507 - Any Recommended Upgrades / Modifications?

I am currently looking to replace my E93 M3 with a C63 507 - Mainly for the character and noise of the AMG car plus the power boost will no doubt be welcome (not that the M3 was lacking!) and I am looking to get the 507 in Saloon variant as the extra doors and seat in the back will be most welcome.

Now, I do envisage keeping the car mostly stock but I was looking at some upgrades - Miltek Down Pipes & Akrapovic Slip On or Evolution Exhaust.

The Quaife LSD comes recommended from a friend who had his C63 upgraded with this from Birds Auto in the UK?

The stock air intake could most likely be upgraded to something higher-spec too I imagine?

And I don't imagine me doing much else to it - hence why I was looking at any worthy upgrades?

Options wise, when the car was new, is there anything worth trying to find on a car? The only thing I have read upon is the Harmon Kardon speaker upgrade? - I believe all other options were pretty much standard?

Was there a Sat Nav upgrade?

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2018 | 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Nope, no worthy upgrades. It's as good as it gets stock, good luck!
Old 04-17-2018 | 12:23 PM

BMW E93 M3
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Nope, no worthy upgrades. It's as good as it gets stock, good luck!
Not even the Quaife LSD?
Old 04-17-2018 | 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Built 2008 G55 & one big 80 Series LandCruiser !
Good call on the car switch.... I am in love with my 507 sedan as a DD.... coming from a long line of audi's its a very different experience.

I have a ton of mods ready to go on -sending her to Dave and the EC team in Austin next week hopefully to get the following added and then a custom dyno tune done.
  • Carbon fiber driveshaft
  • ARH headers w/ Cats
  • front and rear Racing Brake 2 piece rotors, lines and pads
  • Renntech airbox / Gruppe M scoops
  • Renntech Throttlebodies w/ new Sikky gaskets
  • EuroCharged's E85 kit w/ injectors
  • 180 degree Mishimoto thermostat and cooler Weistec sparkplugs
  • Weistec catch can and oil top
  • East Coast Euro billet Motor/ tranny mounts
  • UPD billet Pulleys and Underdrive main pulley
Will certainly post up results once all finished.... I know a LSD and likely wider rear fenders are the next step from here......

Old 04-17-2018 | 03:50 PM

BMW E93 M3
Originally Posted by Texas E63
Good call on the car switch.... I am in love with my 507 sedan as a DD.... coming from a long line of audi's its a very different experience.

I have a ton of mods ready to go on -sending her to Dave and the EC team in Austin next week hopefully to get the following added and then a custom dyno tune done.
  • ARH headers w/ Cats
Will certainly post up results once all finished.... I know a LSD and likely wider rear fenders are the next step from here......

wow, I hope that goes well!!

I just need to find a good 507 Saloon for sale, I think the Akrapovic Exhaust will be a worthwhile upgrade!
Old 04-17-2018 | 04:49 PM

Present: 2019 C43 Estate
Does LSD not come standard on the 507 in other countries? In Canada, the 507 comes with absolutely every option as standard equipment. Guess I took it for granted it was that way everywhere.

IMO, an aftermarket exhaust is totally not worth it. Just delete the secondary cats and call it a day. The sound and volume is perfect!
Old 04-17-2018 | 05:32 PM

BMW E93 M3
Originally Posted by toosteeley
Does LSD not come standard on the 507 in other countries? In Canada, the 507 comes with absolutely every option as standard equipment. Guess I took it for granted it was that way everywhere.

IMO, an aftermarket exhaust is totally not worth it. Just delete the secondary cats and call it a day. The sound and volume is perfect!
Hmm I’m sure the LSD was an option? - I might contact MB and ask them if they can get a full spec of a car and see.

And you would recommend the Miltek Sport Decat and Pipes which is an option for this compared to the Akprapovic Slip On / Evolution Exhaust?

Old 04-17-2018 | 08:29 PM

C63 AMG Black Series

• ARH headers w/ Cats
Are you in Dallas more often now? I’ve seen your car parked on San Jacnito a few times in the past month or two lol. My new office is a block away.
Originally Posted by Alloy7

Hmm I’m sure the LSD was an option? - I might contact MB and ask them if they can get a full spec of a car and see.

And you would recommend the Miltek Sport Decat and Pipes which is an option for this compared to the Akprapovic Slip On / Evolution Exhaust?

Just FYI, the Miltek decat pipes are the same as a secondary cat delete. They offer a high flow primary cat option that I haven’t seen anyone opt for yet.

Mike’s Power Pipe is the same thing as their decat pipes only with less cutting involved.

Akra neuters the exhaust sound. It’s only good if you have long tubes already then it helps reduce the rasp.
Old 04-17-2018 | 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Built 2008 G55 & one big 80 Series LandCruiser !
yes - In Dallas weekly for 2-3 days it seems ...... we should grab lunch sometime, still want to see your BS...

Agree on the Akra as an interesting option - but a Gdog noted I think it really only works with LTH's..... I'm going to try it with the OEM setup and see...... also sounded like the Remus had a nice tone but the tips need to be swapped out IMHO...

Alloy - where are you located ? I'll have my EC'ed cat Delete avail shortly.....

E
Old 04-18-2018 | 05:42 AM

BMW E93 M3
Originally Posted by SuckaGDog

Are you in Dallas more often now? I’ve seen your car parked on San Jacnito a few times in the past month or two lol. My new office is a block away.

Just FYI, the Miltek decat pipes are the same as a secondary cat delete. They offer a high flow primary cat option that I haven’t seen anyone opt for yet.

Mike’s Power Pipe is the same thing as their decat pipes only with less cutting involved.

Akra neuters the exhaust sound. It’s only good if you have long tubes already then it helps reduce the rasp.

Ah oh, I want to be extremely careful with piping and ruining the sound.

I ended up hating my mods on my E93 - I went for decat and full steel pipes with an Eisemann Race Exhaust - it just sounded like a loud noise with no character! - had to revert back to OEM - man that was an expensive U-Turn!
Old 04-18-2018 | 05:43 AM

BMW E93 M3
yes - In Dallas weekly for 2-3 days it seems ...... we should grab lunch sometime, still want to see your BS...

Agree on the Akra as an interesting option - but a Gdog noted I think it really only works with LTH's..... I'm going to try it with the OEM setup and see...... also sounded like the Remus had a nice tone but the tips need to be swapped out IMHO...

Alloy - where are you located ? I'll have my EC'ed cat Delete avail shortly.....

E
I'm based in the UK.

Any chance of hearing your car on video once you've had the work done?

Also, what colour if your car? is it that Magno Platinum Matt color Mercedes factory offer? - or have you had it wrapped?
Old 08-21-2019 | 07:44 PM

C63 507 edition coupe

E
Im another 507 owner in dallas we should all get together for a cars an coffee and park next to eachother or something