Sponsored by:

Eurocharged v7 flame tune?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31
Eurocharged v7 flame tune?

Getting American Racing LTH installed in ~2 weeks and wondering if anyone has a custom flame tune with headers through eurocharged? The idea sounds silly but also super awesome so thought I'd see if it can be done safely ha!

My setup will be ARH headers, secondary and resonator delete. Feel as if it may be a tad loud with resonator delete also so might get resonator put back in.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:37 AM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 p31 coupe, Clk550 cab, M3 coupe, LS430, 750LI
Originally Posted by jgottsman11
Getting American Racing LTH installed in ~2 weeks and wondering if anyone has a custom flame tune with headers through eurocharged? The idea sounds silly but also super awesome so thought I'd see if it can be done safely ha!

My setup will be ARH headers, secondary and resonator delete. Feel as if it may be a tad loud with resonator delete also so might get resonator put back in.
Don't delete resonators, its loud as ***** and I have the catted variant. Car sounds exactly like that "oh my god/my ears are bleeding!" video of the white 507 with the mhp/arh headers. They are awsome and it really completes the car.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:39 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63 EDITION 1, 2000 CIVIC SI EM1
Mine shoots a little flame with MBH headers on down shifts lol
Old 04-23-2018, 05:23 PM
SPONSOR

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by jgottsman11

We're glad you're going to be using our headers on your car. As far as a tune, there's nothing safe about spraying an excess amount of unburned fuel on decel to the point where it's igniting at the tail pipes from heat. This causes excessive wear on engine components as well as sensors, piping, etc. (Assuming you don't have cats as well). It may look cool, but you're basically turning your Mercedes engine into a replaceable item. We all know how reliable these cars are with a grandma driving to begin with.

John
The following users liked this post:
Nate GZ (09-19-2019)
Old 04-23-2018, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by ar headers
We're glad you're going to be using our headers on your car. As far as a tune, there's nothing safe about spraying an excess amount of unburned fuel on decel to the point where it's igniting at the tail pipes from heat. This causes excessive wear on engine components as well as sensors, piping, etc. (Assuming you don't have cats as well). It may look cool, but you're basically turning your Mercedes engine into a replaceable item. We all know how reliable these cars are with a grandma driving to begin with.

John
Thank you for the response. Was just curious if it was safe in any form and I suppose the answer is no! Looking forward to getting your headers installed when they arrive! Just ordered last week.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by ar headers

John
I sent you a PM regarding some mid-pipes about a week ago with no response. please check your inbox.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C63 AMG
I just recently received my ARH headers, and ordered the Eurocharged V7 tune. My headers are being installed Wednesday as well as before and after dynos, so I will be sure to post my info. I was wondering about the flame thrower tune as well, but I didn't think it was that smart. Jerry assured me it was fine to daily drive, and really only shoots flames after hard pulls.

My mods will be:
ARH Long tubes no cats
secondary cat delete
weistec high flow drop in filters
eurocharged v7 tune 91

Last edited by nardobenz; 04-24-2018 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by nardobenz
I just recently received my ARH headers, and ordered the Eurocharged V7 tune. My headers are being installed Wednesday as well as before and after dynos, so I will be sure to post my info. I was wondering about the flame thrower tune as well, but I didn't think it was that smart. Jerry assured me it was fine to daily drive, and really only shoots flames after hard pulls.

My mods will be:
ARH Long tubes no cats
secondary cat delete
weistec high flow drop in filters
eurocharged v7 tune 91
2014 C63 made 370whp stock with filters and secondary cat delete in 96F temp
Old 04-24-2018, 10:04 PM

Received 55 Likes on 22 Posts
2008 MB C350 4MATIC/2011 CL63 AMG/2014 C63 Coupe 507
Originally Posted by SactownP31
Don't delete resonators, its loud as ***** and I have the catted variant. Car sounds exactly like that "oh my god/my ears are bleeding!" video of the white 507 with the mhp/arh headers. They are awsome and it really completes the car.

Hahaha that's my 507. My setup is ARH no cats, with OEM res and OEM mufflers. Sounds amazing. Humble yet loud when she wanna be. Shoots flames around 4k if racing the car hard, etc on the EC tune.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:30 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 p31 coupe, Clk550 cab, M3 coupe, LS430, 750LI
Originally Posted by the_indian_kid
Hahaha that's my 507. My setup is ARH no cats, with OEM res and OEM mufflers. Sounds amazing. Humble yet loud when she wanna be. Shoots flames around 4k if racing the car hard, etc on the EC tune.
That video is almost the main reason I got the car. Definately the reason I went with ARH. I still watch that video every now and then.

Last edited by SactownP31; 04-25-2018 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:27 AM

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts
2012 C63, 2014 E550
Flames are definitely cool. And let’s be honest. The reason we all bought our cars is because w204 c63 is cool as ***. Are flames really that harmful for the car?
Old 04-25-2018, 09:10 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
'13 C63 & AP2 S2000
I would say they are unsafe if its tune to do it.

Its OK if the car back fires here and there, or if you lay on the rev limiter for a few sec coming out of a corner and exhaust is hot and ignition cuts and then there is surplus fuel. That's another story. But I think engineering a tune to shoot flames, wont end well. There is a difference between a few pops / flames VS a severe flames constantly shooting out. I wouldnt do it
Vpatriota (09-17-2019)
Old 04-25-2018, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts
'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
I few pips and flames shouldn't hurt a good Stainless Steel exhaust. We aren't dealing with a 2-step or anti-lag system.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:54 AM

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Came along to search about flame tunes, thinking (again, as all others) it would be super cool, but got convinced otherwise for all the previous stated reasons. Anyhow, anyone with the tune on, care to share the feedback?
Old 09-17-2019, 10:13 AM

2012 C63, 2014 E550
I think the issue here is the definition of flames vs backfire (pops). In my opinion

Flames = 1 foot (or longer), extended duration. This is basically dumping in fuel. Total ricer mod on our cars, and probably not good for the car.

Backfire on decel = short pops and bangs that most of us already have. But the complete removal of the exhaust system allows those pops/bangs to also ignite a fire in the exhaust. I think this is fine

Is my understanding correct?
Old 09-17-2019, 10:18 AM

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by NotABaller
I think the issue here is the definition of flames vs backfire (pops). In my opinion

Flames = 1 foot (or longer), extended duration. This is basically dumping in fuel. Total ricer mod on our cars, and probably not good for the car.

Backfire on decel = short pops and bangs that most of us already have. But the complete removal of the exhaust system allows those pops/bangs to also ignite a fire in the exhaust. I think this is fine

Is my understanding correct?
Yes yes, I might've misspoken what I was thinking. I'm not into that Lambo-flames (even though I find it cool as hell - in someone else's cars, ofc, no mine), but about that back fire. We don't usually see it with the 6.2 AMG V8, right? I think you have to program something on the ECU for that to happen?
Old 09-17-2019, 02:08 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
C63 P31
I've had the flame tune on for quite a bit. It definitely after-fires incredibly loud, sounds like a gunshot in your ear. On average, you can't really tell it has the hot-tune, but when you run it to redline and let off the throttle it shoots a ton of flames. If you lightly get back on the throttle at a high RPM it jerks quite a bit, like an aggressive blip, but it shoots even more flames and makes a ton of racket. The only negative side effect is what I mentioned about the throttle blipping, otherwise it drives like the standard tune.

I agree that dumping fuel into the exhaust for the sake of making noise is not as healthy for the engine as a regular tune, but cars have been doing this for decades and see little to no downside. Every WRX/STi, Evolution, Golf R, and 335i hotboi has had tunes like this for year without any side effects. My 0.02, but everybody has their own opinion.
Nate GZ (09-19-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 02:41 PM

2012 C63, 2014 E550
Originally Posted by JonM
I've had the flame tune on for quite a bit. It definitely after-fires incredibly loud, sounds like a gunshot in your ear. On average, you can't really tell it has the hot-tune, but when you run it to redline and let off the throttle it shoots a ton of flames. If you lightly get back on the throttle at a high RPM it jerks quite a bit, like an aggressive blip, but it shoots even more flames and makes a ton of racket. The only negative side effect is what I mentioned about the throttle blipping, otherwise it drives like the standard tune.

I agree that dumping fuel into the exhaust for the sake of making noise is not as healthy for the engine as a regular tune, but cars have been doing this for decades and see little to no downside. Every WRX/STi, Evolution, Golf R, and 335i hotboi has had tunes like this for year without any side effects. My 0.02, but everybody has their own opinion.
Have any vids of tailpipes shooting flames for us please?
Old 09-17-2019, 03:01 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
C63 P31
Unfortunately, no. My buddies who have been behind that car said it shot fireballs basically as wide as the rear end. I have 630cc injectors in, as well, which probably leads to even more fuel being thrown out the back.