C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Android Widescreen touchscreen For W204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 11:24 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
C63
Yes, I have the 2GB ram 32GB flash version, my update file seems to be a bit newer based on the date in the file name, but I haven't tried updating it yet (I most likely will not update unless it addresses any of the two issues I mentioned previously.)

I'd recommend contacting support@carlife-mall.net to confirm what the right update is for your hardware and check if it addresses any of the problem you're having seeing, their support team was VERY responsive (less than 30 min for them to get back to me if you reach out during business hours in Hong Kong.) Overall the Android OS version is still 6.x with some kinda of patches for 8.x, not really sure what the support person was trying to describe (bit of a language barrier) but it didn't sound like it was a true Android OS update anyway so I don't think you'd get any benefits there.

I don't recommend updating using the files below or even in general unless explicitly told so by carlife-mall support

If you want to take a look at the update files (3 files) you can find them here:
Update instructions from carlife-mall support:
Attached is our latest software.After upgrade, you will need to download the apps you installed by yourself again.
1. UI upgrading
>> prepare a mini card, format it, unzip the biggest file "4G奔驰UI02-2-国外-1280x480_v40_20190410", copy the root file of 3562.bin/3562.upd directly to the mini card
>> insert the mini card to the TF card
>> turn on the car, screen will auto-upgrade, REMEMBER DO NOT TURN OFF CAR UNTIL U see the mainmenu appear, then take out the
card, always 10-15 mins, WAIT FOR screen mainmenu appear, stay at AMG is normal, NEVER POWER OFF during updates

2. MCU upgrading
>>format the card again, download the file of ts24X.bin to mini card, find the apps--setting--software version--right-top corner has a setup logo--click it, input number 0, then click upgrade, wait for restart

3. CAN upgrading:
>> download file "YX2BENZ V111.bin" and rename it as "can_app.bin" , copy file of can_app.bin to mini card , click carinfo--long press functions, click 3rd option named CANIAP click upgrading to upgrade

Originally Posted by Abdul El
Which unit do you have? 2GB Ram 32GB rom?
I also think the brightness is way to bright even tho i lower the settings on the next restart its again bright as if i didnt change the settings.
I had GPS problems earlier aswell when i had the GPS module behind the screen, now ive put the module at the windshield and they seem gone.

Can you provide a link to the Update files? Is it this: 4G奔驰UI02-2-国外-1280x480_v36_20190221 改安卓8.1.zip ?
Old 04-17-2019, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200
I just upgraded my Unit to the V40 from V36 (Its actually not that hard) but my problems with screen Brightness setting back to default and Media Volume setting back to default are still there.
So i rooted my unit again to atleast set the Media Volume to my preference each boot.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:09 PM

2009 CL600 RennTech and 2001 CLK430 AMG
I recently bought a 2009 CL600 (with the iPod adapter, backup camera, and bluetooth adapter) and stumbled across this thread. Seems very quiet for the past few years, and I'm wondering what "the best" display upgrade is, currently. I like the looks and functionality of the one at http://www.ckmcardes********/cl/c216...en-touchscreen , and it says it'll work in a C216 as well. Skimming over earlier user concerns this forum, I'd just like to make sure of some things:
- does it display imperial units (MPH, MPG, US Gallons, Fahrenheit)?
- is its Android reasonably current (and/or user upgradable)?
- is its display reasonably modern/crisp?
- is its under-hood horsepower and RAM plenty adequate?
- does it work wirelessly with iPhone?
- does it handle heat adequately (I live in Florida)?
- can anyone who's installed and used it comment on any drawbacks?
- is this "the best" display upgrade available currently?

Thank you!,
Greg
Old 07-09-2019, 03:37 PM

F10 M5 2012 / W204 C63 2009
Originally Posted by Damir85
Hi
I just installed one on my c63 2011
Is it blocking your parking sensor indicator on the dashboard when you're driving? Thx
Old 07-09-2019, 05:42 PM

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
2011 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by Nicky Kurniadi
Is it blocking your parking sensor indicator on the dashboard when you're driving? Thx
No because u sit off centre. U can see it fine from the drivers seat.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 185 Posts
C63 AMG
I was told that w204 owners can simply swap out the existing radio from the E class and code it to our cars.

was quoted $550 CDN to do it including the Cost of the e class head unit. This essentially allows us older w204 PFL owners to have a factory Bluetooth audio option.

i haven’t done it yet, but another option for those looking to solve the blue tooth audio issue.
The following users liked this post:
rexiferp (11-12-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 04:25 PM

C350
Wondering Any update on the issues looking into buying a FrontLift on my 2013 C350 Sport Don't know where to go buy it.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,815 Likes on 1,668 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Ok. I’ve decided to spend some time on getting this thing to work the way I want it. Watched all of the videos. Read every single thread. Adjusted secret settings. Even managed to setup my phone as a hotspot and download Torque Pro and some other apps onto the tablet.

However I STILL can’t figure out how to pair my OBD2 bluetooth dongle to the Android tablet. In the Bluetooth settings there is nothing to select to pair to. In the Bluetooth screen there is nothing that shows up to pair to, not even my phone. I just can’t figure out how to do it.

Theres no button or anything on the Kiwi dongle, it’s just always discoverable. Pairs to my iPhone without issue. iPhone also pairs to the Android screen no problem when I select it from the iPhone (no way to select anything from the Android).

Could someone please walk me through the process step-by-step before I smash it into pieces please? I am trying to like this thing but it’s really testing my patience. Thanks
Old 10-01-2020, 12:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 benz c250
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Ok. I’ve decided to spend some time on getting this thing to work the way I want it. Watched all of the videos. Read every single thread. Adjusted secret settings. Even managed to setup my phone as a hotspot and download Torque Pro and some other apps onto the tablet.

However I STILL can’t figure out how to pair my OBD2 bluetooth dongle to the Android tablet. In the Bluetooth settings there is nothing to select to pair to. In the Bluetooth screen there is nothing that shows up to pair to, not even my phone. I just can’t figure out how to do it.

Theres no button or anything on the Kiwi dongle, it’s just always discoverable. Pairs to my iPhone without issue. iPhone also pairs to the Android screen no problem when I select it from the iPhone (no way to select anything from the Android).

Could someone please walk me through the process step-by-step before I smash it into pieces please? I am trying to like this thing but it’s really testing my patience. Thanks
I ran into this problem with my smartphone as well with this Android screen.. Although, my smartphone was working perfectly fine, it wasn't running sluggish, it wasn't freezing or anything, but how I fixed the Bluetooth connection, was (as a last resort option) to backup my smartphone of all my stuff on the phone and then doing a factory reset on my phone.
once I did a factory reset, the Bluetooth connectivity to the screen started working! So, you could have something on your phone running in the background blocking the Bluetooth connection? Also, keep in mind, my Bluetooth earbuds connected to my phone with no problem AND my smart watch also had no problem connecting to my phone either. This was why it took me so long to try factory resetting my smartphone to get the screen connectivity to work.
But, again, once I factory reset my phone, the Bluetooth connectivity to the screen started working and showing up in the Bluetooth broadcasting signals..

So backup your phone of all your text messages, contacts,, apps, emails, etc.... then do a factory rest on your smartphone.
I think this will fix your problem, like it did for me.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No. Zero percent chance. I’m not doing that.

I need the OBD2 dongle to connect to the ANDROID TABLET. My phone has nothing to do with it.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 benz c250

I need the OBD2 dongle to connect to the ANDROID TABLET. My phone has nothing to do with it.
Then I misunderstood your question. I thought I read that you were not able to connect your OBDII adapter. Implying you had an OBDII already.

If you dont have the dongle, then ok forget what I said. However, if you get the OBDII dongle and STILL can not connect the dongle due to the Bluetooth broadcast signal not appearing, then I'd recommend for you to backup all your data on your smartphone and then do a factory reset on your phone. Understand that when you factory reset your phone and re-setup your phone like you would do with a new phone and log back into your credentials and accounts, all your data will download back on to your phone automatically.
So you dont need to "fear" about losing your stuff on your phone when doing a factory reset. Just as long as you backup your stuff first.

I'm just trying to help and letting you know what worked for me.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

None of that is at all applicable whatsoever. Thanks for trying to help.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:11 AM

I have the identical problem with the same head unit. Exactly word for word how you describe it.
i basically gave up and now have a screen I do nothing with.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 c63

Looks like the solution is in another app to help pairing..

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post7399825
Old 10-01-2020, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by wongka
Looks like the solution is in another app to help pairing..

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post7399825
I looked at that before, thanks. That’s for forcing a PIN code onto the ELM dongle. There’s not even a screen for me to select a Bluetooth receiver or to input a PIN at all, so doesn’t help. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2021, 12:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 2010 4matic
Originally Posted by Honro
Just an update. I received my 7.1 android version about 3 weeks ago. Initially I had a problem installing it on my pre-facelift as there is 1 change to the installation guide that I wasn't aware of. Initially in Raymonds original vid he connected the red wire to the yellow wire using bullet connectors. This is only for the old android units. In the install for the 7.1 android unit, you connect the red wire to the white wire with a black stripe! Chris was quite helpful and told me this after I asked - he replied VERY quickly - but tbh this is something I would have expected as a part of the install instructions.

Anyhow, moving on.

2nd problem I had was getting the command to fit flush back into its original space after running the new cables for the android screen in behind it. Man its really tight in there, in fact I almost gave up and almost ripped the unit out of the car I was getting soo frustrated.. that is until I found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aHHCLDMxyk

So - getting back to the unit. I quite like it. It boots up reasonably quickly once you start the car which surprised me. Sound is good, but definitely need to play with the sound output of the screen otherwise the unit has a bit of feedback. Especially when a song fades out to the time a new song starts. This can be changed quite easily using the speaker icon in the bluetooth music section. I have mine set to 5, at this setting the sound is equal volume even when i switch to the car's radio.

The screen is quite fluid & responds very quickly. Overall im very happy with my purchase and will continue to use it. I was worried that in night time driving it may be too bright, but not at all.

Only things i'd like to see added to it would be for it to;
  1. Display the connected phones reception like other cars do.
  2. Display the current volume "value" as a slider or number when turning the volume up or down
  3. Be able to adjust the default icons. For example, id like bluetooth music to be on the first screen as I use this the most etc.

However, none of these are deal breakers. Music starts the moment I start the car and the screen boots, it works with YouTube Red & Spotify. IGO maps & navigation run well.

Overall Id give it an 8/10.
which one are you talking about where did you buy it
Old 08-31-2021, 07:12 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
2008 C63 AMG, 2009 C300 (Sold), 2003 SL55 AMG (Sold) , 2013 S550 W222 (Sold)
I'd like to chime in on the command screen not showing issue, to fix this simply press NTG menu or the button you would press in the headunit to see the command menu, then HOLD "On" until power off, then press "On" again 1 time then you will have access to NTG, at least works for me.. Many people say its a pinched cable etc.... its not I've had this thing in and out 6 times to be certain i wasn't pinching cables... im 100% sure its a software issue with these units. others had luck holding "ON" during startup also if the previous method didn't work for you.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 2010 4matic
Originally Posted by crehop
I'd like to chime in on the command screen not showing issue, to fix this simply press NTG menu or the button you would press in the headunit to see the command menu, then HOLD "On" until power off, then press "On" again 1 time then you will have access to NTG, at least works for me.. Many people say its a pinched cable etc.... its not I've had this thing in and out 6 times to be certain i wasn't pinching cables... im 100% sure its a software issue with these units. others had luck holding "ON" during startup also if the previous method didn't work for you.
other then ntg you haven't had any issue? What is the brand of your unit?
Old 01-27-2023, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts
2010 c300
Hey guys. Sorry to bring up an old thread. Anyone have update higher than 24? I managed to find a v2 with android 8.1 to replace my slow 1 app at a time v1. Couldn't pass up the price. I also prefer these older square cornered ones.

Originally Posted by LoFox
Yes, I have the 2GB ram 32GB flash version, my update file seems to be a bit newer based on the date in the file name, but I haven't tried updating it yet (I most likely will not update unless it addresses any of the two issues I mentioned previously.)

I'd recommend contacting support@carlife-mall.net to confirm what the right update is for your hardware and check if it addresses any of the problem you're having seeing, their support team was VERY responsive (less than 30 min for them to get back to me if you reach out during business hours in Hong Kong.) Overall the Android OS version is still 6.x with some kinda of patches for 8.x, not really sure what the support person was trying to describe (bit of a language barrier) but it didn't sound like it was a true Android OS update anyway so I don't think you'd get any benefits there.

I don't recommend updating using the files below or even in general unless explicitly told so by carlife-mall support

If you want to take a look at the update files (3 files) you can find them here:
Update instructions from carlife-mall support:
Old 01-27-2023, 08:11 AM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
C63 AMG 2010
​​​Suddenly my audio quality changed to complete crap, just from one day to another.

I have been experimenting around with the audio settings. The quality is becoming better, but still far from how it used to be.

Playing music from the old command system works perfectly fine and quality is good so it's some issues with the screen.

Have tried to reach out to Chris without to much help as this is the firs version and he dosent have any instructions or documents left to support this unit?? And as I'm not the owner who did the installation I don't have any of these documents.

If anyone have the instructions please PM me, and I'm also very curious about the settings you have for this screen:

Old 01-27-2023, 10:55 PM

Hey Norway,

Don't know if this will help you but this happened to me one time i was able to swipe down 2 times to get to the android menu and then press settings -> Sound settings and make changes there that fixed it, I dont know if this is your issue but it's something to try.
Old 01-29-2023, 04:25 PM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
C63 AMG 2010
Originally Posted by crehop
Hey Norway,

Don't know if this will help you but this happened to me one time i was able to swipe down 2 times to get to the android menu and then press settings -> Sound settings and make changes there that fixed it, I dont know if this is your issue but it's something to try.
Thanks for advice will check it out. Problem seems to be that the quality suddenly became very poor. I've played around a little with the settings in the menu in the picture above. Manage to get it a little better but on the high volume it's still crap. If I'll go to the old command system the quality is perfect, so it's something with the screen.
Old 07-28-2023, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221
Hi all and thanx for sharing information and experience. I got my Android touchscreen (https://www.seicane.com/) a month back and got it installed. I drive W221 with NTG 3.0 and with TV box. No AUX or AMI. AUX was also not activated in my NTG so I got it activated now. Everything works fine now but I have a problem.
1. If I play anything on the Android system (Bluetooth or a saved media in the Android system) it will play but sound comes ONLY from the passenger side. I tried everything so far and nothing works. Pls help/advice.
2. I have an AUX IN from the Android system and when I connect my mobile and play a music, the sound comes from all speakers !!!.

what could be the problem? Why when I play from an SD or bluetooth sounds comes out only from passenger side speakers?! When I connect AUX IN to the Andriod system the full sound system works!! Basically I'm playing music through the Andriod system!!

Pls help/assit.
Thanx,
Old 07-28-2023, 07:10 PM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 c63
That's strange. On mine if I answer calls with the android system, it comes out 1 side. If I answer with the mb system' it comes out both. I'll have to check bt music, I usually use my phone as a hotspot and stream using the spotify app which comes out both speakers..
Old 07-29-2023, 09:24 PM

Are you SURE you have the correct aux cable? There can be mono and stereo cables. Either that or check the android audio settings (swipe down and click the settings in the top right i think, make sure its set to stereo also.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Android Widescreen touchscreen For W204