VRP M156 Intake spacers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 11:32 AM

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
2013 c63 amg dev pack
Originally Posted by sventastic82
Probably about to beat a dead horse.

Do you have an power gain figures based on a dyno? since it is just a simple bolt on should be easy to get before and after numbers.
If they do make power it's not going to show on a dyno. Anyone showing gains are just seeing changes in weather or strap down technique. There is no appreciable airflow on the dyno.... certainly not enough for something like this to matter. Working at a dyno shop in my free time I've made back to back runs with all manner of airbox changes including no filters and boxes flipped. Nothing made a difference worth mentioning. If there are gains to be had, it's only going to be at highway + speeds. Even then you have to question whether airflow is ever restricted enough that this slight change actually makes a difference, but who knows...

Last edited by Doc Oc; 10-05-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:48 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 393 Likes on 284 Posts
E55 C63
Originally Posted by Aditya Prabhu
I had the UPD ones. Once they were installed, the rear intake duct which feeds air into the headers never got locked leading to potential vaccum gap. Not many people notice this issue, because you could just leave it in without locking it. Had to remove them and keep it aside.

How have you guys addressed this issue ?.

Ours are not the same height as UPD, No gap.

With other words, you just copied someone else’s concept made it cheaper to manufacture without verifying the benefits of such spacers.

Sound familiar.
Just Like the oil catch can fittings where the one which goes on the intake manifold doesn’t allow you to properly connect the air intake assembly.
Copied not tested!!!
Well.... No one makes fittings this way, so not sure how we could have copied something that doesn't exist...

If you trim about 1/2 inch off the clip for the Intake Y it slides right by the Fitting. Been done by 100 People already without issue. This is the solution for your issue. and as designed.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:31 AM

Received 221 Likes on 142 Posts
2010 C63 AMG RIP. 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2013 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by VictoryRoadPerformance
Ours are not the same height as UPD, No gap.

Well.... No one makes fittings this way, so not sure how we could have copied something that doesn't exist...

If you trim about 1/2 inch off the clip for the Intake Y it slides right by the Fitting. Been done by 100 People already without issue. This is the solution for your issue. and as designed.
Bs.
Weistec makes them.
In case you Never heard of Weistec https://www.weistec.com/oil-air-separator-system.html

Why was no solution given when I emailed about the issue with detailed pictures? The response was that you never encountered that problem.
But now it’s designed that way.
Bad design if I have to shave off a clip which is meant to keep a air intake tight.
The following users liked this post:
BalanBro (11-06-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 198 Posts
2020 AMG GTC Coupe & 2018 Macan Turbo
I dropped the full price for the Weistec CC. Why? The Weistec CC is, as far as I know, the only manufacturer that has specific fittings for C63 AMG that work. Once in my hands, I scheduled some down time for my car. I thought I wanted to do it myself. But, if I've read enough about the issue of oil saturation inside the intake manifold (and people accidentally breaking the fittings) I outsourced it to my mechanic. I had him pull the intake manifold, clean it, new gaskets, drop in new plugs and install the CC. He did do something I found interesting. He routed the CC up against the front right wheelwell and as close to the front of the car as he could while still making it easy to get my big hands down in there and spin the CC on and off.

And it does collect a lot of oil..... and MB says it's normal for our engines...
Old 11-06-2019, 09:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63

Our kit has custom fittings aswell.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:27 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63
Bs.
Weistec makes them.
In case you Never heard of Weistec https://www.weistec.com/oil-air-separator-system.html

Why was no solution given when I emailed about the issue with detailed pictures? The response was that you never encountered that problem.
But now it’s designed that way.
Bad design if I have to shave off a clip which is meant to keep a air intake tight.
you are not Shaving "OFF" a clip, you are shaving it down so that it can slide past the fitting.

The remaining potion of the clip Creates a full and tight seal.