C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Eurocharged V7 tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 06:47 AM

Received 166 Likes on 84 Posts
C63 AMG
Eurocharged V7 tune

G'day fellas I have a quick question that I am hoping can be answered by someone here. Apologies if this has been asked before.

I have a 2011 C63 AMG, I have deleted the resonator, and just recently(last 20mins) installed the V7 tune from Eurocharged. I was eager to take it for a spin. Upon the car reaching proper operating temps, I gave it the beans. I noticed that in C mode, the rev limited has been raised, and it doesn't change to a higher gear at the usual ~3-4000rpm. When I really stand on the accelerator, it seems like there is a bit more hesitation/lag than stock before it changes down a gear, and when it does, it doesn't throw me back in the seat like it did whilst on the stock tune. In S and M modes I have the same issues. Overall the car seems slower than stock(confirmed with the bum dyno). It also smells very rich upon start up, this may be a factor of it having no resonator(although its been like that for ~5 weeks and it has never been noticeable) or, par the course for being retuned and having different AFR's.

My question is, when I uploaded the tune, is it possible that it reset my throttle/gearbox settings and the car has to "learn" my driving style again? And that with more driving it will adapt to my driving style?
Or is my tune rooted and I need to email Jerry and get him to have a squiz?

I haven't thrown it on a dyno yet to check numbers, as I live in Australia and dyno's are few and far between and expensive as.

Hope to get some clarification soon
Old 08-22-2018, 08:43 AM

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts
2012 C63 P31 Sedan
Eurocharged recommends that you reset transmission adaptations after uploading the tune. This will allow it to re-adapt to the changes made in the tune/throttle response. This is done by disconnected the negative battery terminal for at least 8 hours. Try that first, and drive it around for a few days to see if it adapts well; if not, then contact Jerry and he should be able to help you work through it.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 465 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...r-problem.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...r-service.html

Search more, but there are several people who have had v7 issues - seems no one ever had issues with V5 or V6. Read up on it, issue is going to be until you put it on a Dyno, no one is going to do much for you - other option is to maybe have them give you V5 and see how it feels compared to V7 (V6 in my book was worse than V5), but V5 was a good tune and maybe will feel better on your car.
The following users liked this post:
DIVINE AMG (01-22-2022)
Old 08-22-2018, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 110 Posts
2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450
Are you sure it’s not your traction control kicking in now?
Old 08-22-2018, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by roadkillrob
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...r-problem.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...r-service.html

Search more, but there are several people who have had v7 issues - seems no one ever had issues with V5 or V6. Read up on it, issue is going to be until you put it on a Dyno, no one is going to do much for you - other option is to maybe have them give you V5 and see how it feels compared to V7 (V6 in my book was worse than V5), but V5 was a good tune and maybe will feel better on your car.
+1 for V5. @OP, I tried V6 and thoroughly tested it, was not happy with it, but that's just me. I did not try V7 but watched all the threads and made my decision based off of that.
V5 was the last great tune before people started to get needy with EC and wanted more bells and whistles, which you can only do so much to a tune.

Old 08-22-2018, 11:12 AM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 c63 AMG
I as well just had the V7 tune. I had the exact same experience at first, the car shifted way to soon, would not rev right , was very laggy, and I expressed it to Jerry that i could best describe it as very bogged down feeling.and felt much worse than sock. I will state that i did work extensively with Jerry and he was of utmost help. We worked through tunes for almost 2 months and i tested extensively each one. He actually rewrote the tune 4 different times, even sending me a tune his partner was using on his own car. That specific tune was by far the best, second gear acceleration was evil. But from start, and in highway passing, it just still
felt delayed and bogged down.
In the end, I did not like the tunes overall enough vs stock and ultimately returned and literally got my refund an hour ago today.
The car stock is a far better driving experience that any of the tunes. I still want a tune, I just cant recommend euro-charged today
Old 08-22-2018, 01:34 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550

a way to reset your tcu thats quick...
The following users liked this post:
taylorlar (07-30-2019)
Old 08-22-2018, 02:15 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
Had V5 on my car. Made more power and the downshift blips were cool, but hated the changed throttle mapping. Car was jerky at low RPMs and often short shifted early. Transmission adaptations didn't help. So back to stock for me.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:51 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGonFire
Are you sure it’s not your traction control kicking in now?
Positive mate, traction control lights are off.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:54 PM

C63 AMG
Cheers to everyone that's replied, I will give it a few days, reset my throttle/transmission settings and see how that goes. I'll also try and get it on a dyno and compare the numbers.

I don't want to seem like im ****ting on Eurocharged, because so far they have been bloody brilliant, and by all accounts they have many many happy customers.

I will definitely email Jerry about it, get his advice and see what the next stage is.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:49 PM

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 e63s edition 1
I just got my headers and v7 tune done yesterday. I had the battery disconnected the whole time the headers were being installed until just before loading the tune. The car is way too loud to give it WOT around in the daytime but I got on it once from a slow roll in S+ by pulling on the downshift lever until it dropped a couple gears. I romped on the pedal and although the car was screaming like a banshee it felt slow as hell until later in the rpm range where it felt strong. Almost like a big turbo car with turbo lag. it was kind of weird since it downshifted enough to be in the powerband enough to pull hard. I'll pull the battery terminal again over night tonight and try it a bit more to be sure.

Aside from that, every time I let off on the gas pedal, even just to coast (as opposed to slow and downshift) the car crackle and pops like crazy. I'm wondering if maybe I got the burble tune. I'm hopeful it will get sorted out as Jerry has been great to deal with so far. I wonder if a v5 tune is still an option. I'd assume it's just as easy and pulling one to send just the same as a v7?
Old 08-23-2018, 10:45 PM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 AMG Black Series
Can Eurocharged even provide a V5 tune if you request it? I get the impression it’s V7 or nothing now.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:04 PM

C63 AMG
*Update.
I emailed Jerry last night, explained my issues. Got a reply from jerry this morning with a new tune file. Very impressed with the service I have received so far.

Took the car for a spin last night after not driving it for 24 hours. First corner, touched the throttle, like I usually do. Traction Control lights come on and im going sideways in C. Overnight it seems that the car has adapted slightly to my style. It's still not 100% but its certainly better than what it was before. In M the gear shifts are way faster. Still doesnt pull as hard. Hopefully this new file fixes this. Will update once its loaded.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:12 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by SuckaGDog
Can Eurocharged even provide a V5 tune if you request it? I get the impression it’s V7 or nothing now.
yes. I requested V5 on my order and got it.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:29 AM

2018 e63s edition 1
Originally Posted by intence
yes. I requested V5 on my order and got it.
I'm tempted to do this.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:52 AM

2018 e63s edition 1
edit/update:

Woke up to a new v7 tune in my emaail, car has absolutely zero over run/pops/bangs and it also appears to be pulling much harder down low than it ever has previous to this update or stock. Going to put a bunch of km's on the car today and test. Great customer service from EC.

Last edited by ShaneN.; 08-24-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:38 AM

C63 AMG
Thought I would provide an update since it's been a while since I have posted.

Jerry provided me with a new file, I uploaded it and I noticed that the car exhaust no longer smelt like fuel. Which is positive.

The car seems more responsive, it pulls harder than the first iteration of the tune, however it still seems to hesitate and change gears weirdly when I gun it.
At speeds in excess of 160kmh it doesn't deliver that same push back acceleration that the car had when it was stock. I asked my gf who has been in the car when it was stock if it "feels" faster now, or when it was stock. She said stock. Obviously this isn't a scientific way of measuring power. I plan on dynoing it in the new year, I unfortunately have been to busy since the last posting.

When I emailed Jerry I explained that I had the resonator removed, and a straight piece of SS welded in. Perhaps this is causing issues....is that possible?

Again, I am impressed with the service that Jerry and EC have provided, but I am a little disappointed with the tune.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 110 Posts
2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450
Dyno it! Only way to know for sure. Butt dyno won’t tell you much. Dyno the stock tune then the tune your running now on the same dyno same day.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:20 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGonFire
Dyno it! Only way to know for sure. Butt dyno won’t tell you much. Dyno the stock tune then the tune your running now on the same dyno same day.
I am aware that the butt dyno is by no means scientific, I do intend on dynoing all the iterations of the tune that Jerry has sent me.
I emailed him yesterday explaining the situation as it stands so far, and I received a new tune file this morning, which I will load up this evening after work.

From a customer service stand point, I am blown away by the professionalism of Jerry and the team at EC. I know its challenging to tune something from another hemisphere, but so far they have gone above and beyond.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:01 PM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
2015 C63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by ShaneN.
I just got my headers and v7 tune done yesterday. I had the battery disconnected the whole time the headers were being installed until just before loading the tune. The car is way too loud to give it WOT around in the daytime but I got on it once from a slow roll in S+ by pulling on the downshift lever until it dropped a couple gears. I romped on the pedal and although the car was screaming like a banshee it felt slow as hell until later in the rpm range where it felt strong. Almost like a big turbo car with turbo lag. it was kind of weird since it downshifted enough to be in the powerband enough to pull hard. I'll pull the battery terminal again over night tonight and try it a bit more to be sure.

Aside from that, every time I let off on the gas pedal, even just to coast (as opposed to slow and downshift) the car crackle and pops like crazy. I'm wondering if maybe I got the burble tune. I'm hopeful it will get sorted out as Jerry has been great to deal with so far. I wonder if a v5 tune is still an option. I'd assume it's just as easy and pulling one to send just the same as a v7?
does the pops only work in comfort mode for the v7?
Old 12-20-2018, 02:12 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2012 C63 Coupe P31
The only way to tell if your making more power than stock is to dyno it or run it on the drag strip. More power = higher trap speeds and faster times. FYI, V7 header tune with AFE filters, ROW boxes, and full MBH headers setup, I was never able to beat my stock times of 11.96 and never got 119-120 mph at end of quarter mile with said mods, which the car should be trapping at.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:49 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 Edition
Was reading a few threads on the V7 tune and not going to lie I’m a bit skeptical on making the move on my 14 507 edition.

Have the issues been ironed out?
I guess I shouldn’t be to worried as I live in Toronto and the EC shop is only 15 mins away from me.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:00 AM

Received 99 Likes on 46 Posts
C63
It’s been a while since I created the thread “V7 Power Problem”, and I’m sad to see people still running into trouble

My issue was that as soon as I hit 4K, the car would hit a wall and stop accelerating, or rather at a reduced amount. It would be screaming but going nowhere. After working with EC and several files later, it was ironed out and the best it has ever been, totally brutal in fact. I dyno’d 462 at the crank on my standard C63 (non-PP), 514hp on V5, 522 on V7 and 553hp with V7 and headers.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:01 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by Cozy
It’s been a while since I created the thread “V7 Power Problem”, and I’m sad to see people still running into trouble

My issue was that as soon as I hit 4K, the car would hit a wall and stop accelerating, or rather at a reduced amount. It would be screaming but going nowhere. After working with EC and several files later, it was ironed out and the best it has ever been, totally brutal in fact. I dyno’d 462 at the crank on my standard C63 (non-PP), 514hp on V5, 522 on V7 and 553hp with V7 and headers.
Yeah I'm thinking of still going with EC V7 as there have been positive feed back from them and also because they are local so if I were to run into any problems I'm not far from them.
Old 04-20-2022, 03:41 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
E63 and GL450, ML350 bluetec
This thread is pretty old, but I have the V7 on my 2008 E63 and was wondering if EC did any new tunes for the M156. I'm running MBH exhaust but added kooks cats.