C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 507 Supercharger Intercooler needed urgnelty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 08:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 507
Exclamation C63 507 Supercharger Intercooler needed urgnelty

Hey guys. I need some help please. am installing used magnuson supercharger on my 2014 C63 507. The guy who I bought from the supercharger sold the intercooler with the car. Right now am missing the intercooler. which one guys you recommend? Also is the heat exchanger the same as the intercooler? if any vendor can provide/supply me with the intercooler I would be more than thankful . Thanks
Old 12-25-2018, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Most people would call Magnuson first with these questions and see what they say
Old 12-25-2018, 09:18 AM

C63 507
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Most people would call Magnuson first with these questions and see what they say
i did email them but they referred me to another supplier and still no update. I just would love to hear which one is the best for my car. Thanks for replying and merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2018, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 385 Likes on 258 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
You can run basically any one as long as it fits it’s just a small radiator basically... what’s is weird is why they would sell a car with an inter cooler but no supercharger literally makes no sense
Old 12-25-2018, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 385 Likes on 258 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
And yes it’s the heat exchanger, the intercooler itself is inside the supercharger... unless you are missing that part then yeah you will neeed a custom price made to work for the charger
Old 12-25-2018, 01:52 PM

C63 507
Originally Posted by deadlyvt
And yes it’s the heat exchanger, the intercooler itself is inside the supercharger... unless you are missing that part then yeah you will neeed a custom price made to work for the charger

thaaaaanks mate for your help. Am looking to go for Weistec heat exchanger and install.
Old 12-25-2018, 03:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 67 Likes on 41 Posts
C63 and CLK55
You're probably referring to the heat exchanger. You can use any heat exchanger that fits with the right size inlet/outlet. As mentioned before, it's very strange they would leave that on the car when being sold.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:09 AM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 Coupe, 2014, 507
For clarity...
  • The "Intercooler" is the complete cooling system for the supercharger. It consists of (at least) two heat exchangers assemblies, a reservoir, a pump, and some reticulation hoses/tubes.
  • The heat exchanger mounted to the front of the vehicle is the Low Temperature Radiator (LTR).
  • The heat exchanger(s) mounted inside the intake manifold (supercharger) are the Charge Air Coolers (CAC's).
The LTR for the Magnuson Hammer is available in two variants - one for the pre-facelift 2008-2011, & a different one for the facelift 2012-2015. The facelift version is larger - it can be made to fit a pre-facelify however it needs some massaging (not recommended). Both are significantly more efficient than any competitor's products tested (as at 2014).

The specific LTR's can be purchased from VCM-Performance in Australia, or possibly ordered directly from PWR if you reference the Magnuson part number (contact me). Other LTR's can be made to fit however superchargers are only as good as the cooling & tuning. A typical small radiator will not perform anywhere near as well as a correctly designed LTR - radiators do not usually have the appropriate fin density or tube shrubblers.
(The FI Interchiller kits also work very well on the Hammer kits).

Make sure you have the correct reservoir so that the intercooler system is not over-pressured.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts
'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
Originally Posted by Southways
For clarity...
  • The "Intercooler" is the complete cooling system for the supercharger. It consists of (at least) two heat exchangers assemblies, a reservoir, a pump, and some reticulation hoses/tubes.
  • The heat exchanger mounted to the front of the vehicle is the Low Temperature Radiator (LTR).
  • The heat exchanger(s) mounted inside the intake manifold (supercharger) are the Charge Air Coolers (CAC's).
The LTR for the Magnuson Hammer is available in two variants - one for the pre-facelift 2008-2011, & a different one for the facelift 2012-2015. The facelift version is larger - it can be made to fit a pre-facelify however it needs some massaging (not recommended). Both are significantly more efficient than any competitor's products tested (as at 2014).

The specific LTR's can be purchased from VCM-Performance in Australia, or possibly ordered directly from PWR if you reference the Magnuson part number (contact me). Other LTR's can be made to fit however superchargers are only as good as the cooling & tuning. A typical small radiator will not perform anywhere near as well as a correctly designed LTR - radiators do not usually have the appropriate fin density or tube shrubblers.
(The FI Interchiller kits also work very well on the Hammer kits).

Make sure you have the correct reservoir so that the intercooler system is not over-pressured.
Any issues with heat soak of the AC system with that FI Interchiller set up? A lot of people use the KillerChillers on the 55k motors, but people that live in hot climates (like the southern US) sometimes experience heat soak of the whole AC system after prolonged hard driving in the heat.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:35 AM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 Coupe, 2014, 507
I don't have one installed to offer any first-hand experience, however I am told that AC heat soak is not an issue... & Aussie summers can roast!
Old 12-26-2018, 07:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63AMG Supercharged
I don't have one installed to offer any first-hand experience, however I am told that AC heat soak is not an issue... & Aussie summers can roast!
Mine is booked in at VCM for an interchiller straight after the new year holiday. I am going with a trunk mounted reservoir for the interchiller that should have more than enough capacity to keep the Magnusson cool. Will be taking the car back down the qtr and doing a runway event (1/2 mile, standing K) so will report back on the improvements.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:44 PM

Received 228 Likes on 152 Posts
. . . or possibly ordered directly from PWR if you reference the Magnuson part number (contact me) . . .
Hi Ken, would greatly appreciate that Magnuson Part # for the Facelift Low Temp Radiator
TIA