C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 C63 Crank No Start ( Fuel Pump Fuse Dead )

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
09 C63 Crank No Start ( Fuel Pump Fuse Dead )

Hey,
I had a look around the forums but I cant really see anything that matches my problem.
I recently was in need of new VC gaskets being replaced so I pulled my daily driven 63 off the road and organized to give it some TLC, I done the VC gaskets, new plugs, oil service put everything back together and ended up with a crank no start situation, car had been off the road for a few weeks by the time I collected my parts and had time spare to get it done, I have checked the following.

- Checked battery / tested load, everything checks out.
- Checked for fuel / pumps not coming on.
- Checked every fuse in the vehicle
- Fuse #23 ( Fuel pump 20A ) blown, replaced fuse blew instantly ( ignition completely OFF )
- Replaced Fuel pump Relay ( just because ).
- Replaced CPS ( just because ).
- Checked for ground to earth, we have a solid earth at the battery, on the car, on the motor
- Unplugged the plugs on the pumps, replaced the Fuse to see if it was my pumps causing the short, fuse still blew.
* I'm no auto electrical master but I have a good earth but I'm blowing the fuse with and without the pump plugged in, is it really possible just a singe power supply to the pump is damaged?!
- No other electrical issues in my car everything else seems to be working as per normal...
- I have noticed random clicks under the hood ( they sound electrical ) went to test voltage at the pumps plug base, put a new fuse in opened the door ( interior light came on ) pop fuse blew instantly, not sure if its related. Or things come on go off randomly that I've never noticed before...
- checked plug bases at the ECU, nothing looks burnt or damaged, I am tempted to buy a iCarsoft MBII to scan and see if my sam's units throw any codes?

if anyone has any tips or can throw me some pointers, thank you kindly in advance!

Last edited by BadAimB0t; 01-22-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-01-2021, 03:16 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
C63 P31, C320
Did you ever figure this out?
Old 10-04-2021, 09:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
W212 E63
IMO a wire got pinched while replacing valve cover gaskets.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:24 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
C63 P31, C320
My car is doing the same thing =(
Old 10-13-2021, 02:23 PM

Received 98 Likes on 62 Posts
C63
Exact same thing happened to me when I did my intake mani and valve cover gaskets. I kept popping the fuse, was pulling my hair out for hours. Then one of my coils decided to explode.. literally. The plug wasn’t fully plugged into the coil and for some reason was causing a short.