C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Everything going wrong warranty doing nothing need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 amg
Everything going wrong warranty doing nothing need help

So i have in Canadian a 2010 c63 amg with only 69,000 km about 30,000 milles in perfect condition exept latley.
I bought it as second owner at 8000 miles but major bad luck cause i had my good buddy with a euro car fixng shop go pick it up for me cause it was far and he put it in his name for 2 hours and put demonstrate plates on it and he signed it over to me.

When warranty ran out in 2 years i took it in to mercedes and they considered me the third owner lol. Even though only for few hours i couldnt get extended warranty.

I got it fully inspectrd at 40,000 km 20,000 miles and got a aftermarket bumoer to bumper "😂" warranty for $4000 for 3 years at mercedes.
Its never had a problem plus i dont drive it often and its lowest milage ive ever seen in my province I wanna sell it and could sell easy but its been a NEVER end nightmare getting itvready and been pulling my $10.000 stereo out ect.

So I was driving boom car stopped middle of road i get towed To benz its gasket $300 and fuel pump and they said i need 2!! Warranty a no go and its 2 grand! Then 4 months later i swiped a pole backing up so its got a tiny dent on door and scrape. Then driving home a cooler fell of back of truck on highway and front tow cap fell off. Mercedes wants $60 but $175 to paint it blue. 😔

So im getting choked then wham car dies. I get towed to mercedes. Its the steering lock!! Once again no warranty coverage and 2 grand! So what could go wrong now right? Pumps fixed steering locks done and 5k gone.

My freaking gf has a pop bottle under seat and moves electric seat back and bottle catches under Seat and is stuck and breaks something. Now the seat moves sideways only 😂 took it in and they said it needs seat frame!! $2600 from germany for part!! No warranty obvious then i get it back with seat broke and WHAM its clicking and sometimes thumps in reverse the guy feels bad and looks andvsaid it needs hydraulic lifters. Its freaking super low km always serviced at Benz

Who knows if warranty covers or how much. So i need advice on where to get small dent fixed and cover cap and the lifters but most importantly i am praying someone has a solution for the seat track or frame or whatever it is. I cant pay $2800 and need cheap door dent fix solution. Cant i get parts from wreck?
Old 03-28-2019, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
The dent is easy. Get a good PDR (paintless dent repair) tech to repair the door ($100-150). Search for sources that offer custom spray cans of paint in M-B OE colors. I just did a toe eye cover replacement a few weeks ago. Buy the tow eye cover from a dealer (mine charged $34). Follow the painting instructions to the letter if you're not really familiar with the best spraying procedure to follow but it's actually easy. Don't bother with the clear coat for now. Let the paint coats dry thoroughly then polish with something like Meguairs Ultimate Polish. I use a small finely-woven microfiber cloth like what you get with a pair of glasses wrapped around a foam block from the packing material of an electronic item. When you're happy then you can apply a wax. There will likely no no way you can tell it from OE when you're done. Watch a few YouTube videos to see how you might use leftover paint to help disguise remaining paint scratches.

Last edited by bhamg; 03-28-2019 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 477 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
Ok so, no offense, but the way you typed that out, it was like the entire post was one sentence. Maybe it's just me.

Anyways, technically some of those problems are considered 'misuse' such as the soda exploding...so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't covered by warranty.

Yes, you can pull the parts off a scrap car.

Find a paintless dent repair (PDR) shop near you and see if they can fix the dent. The one with the paint scraped off though, they won't do, you have to find someone else.

For the record, I just did the steering lock last week and spent only $25 repairing the whole system, dealer $1500+. If you're handy with cars you can save a lot of money. However the car was down for a couple of days, so I was using another one of ours. Other people might not have any other cars, so I could see this being an issue.
The following users liked this post:
Crya (03-28-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

*ditto bhamg*
Old 03-30-2019, 12:51 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
CLK63 Black
Maybe they couldn't understand your claim due to the fact they couldn't understand what you you were trying to say? Perhaps try having a friend fill out your claim form...
Old 03-30-2019, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts
'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
Originally Posted by Ron Olson
Maybe they couldn't understand your claim due to the fact they couldn't understand what you you were trying to say? Perhaps try having a friend fill out your claim form...
Yeah, no offense, but I don't understand really what your problem is?
Old 03-30-2019, 08:52 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
Why not have your “good buddy with a euro car fixing shop” help you out instead of the dealer? He’ll probably have more reasonable pricing.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 126 Likes on 96 Posts
2010 C63 2019 GLA45
Originally Posted by Adi-Benz
For the record, I just did the steering lock last week and spent only $25 repairing the whole system, dealer $1500+. If you're handy with cars you can save a lot of money. However the car was down for a couple of days, so I was using another one of ours.
This was on your 2010 C300?
How many miles when the lock let go?
Did you use an OEM motor or ebay motor?
Did it have the warning symptoms, motor turning slower than usual?
Old 03-31-2019, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vladds
This was on your 2010 C300?
How many miles when the lock let go?
Did you use an OEM motor or ebay motor?
Did it have the warning symptoms, motor turning slower than usual?
Yea this was on the C300. I'm at about 81,000 miles. I used an Amazon motor (same thing as ebay. You can't buy OEM motor, dealer only sells the entire assembly), I just wanted 2 day shipping so I could get working on it as fast as I could). I actually would listen to my motor and it never sounded like it was having trouble, so it was a shock to me. It wasn't going slower than usual either.

I was going out with some friends to do a cruise by the lake, and I live right by it, so I stopped at my house with them first to drop some things off. I parked in the driveway diagonally (like an idiot, of course) thinking it would be a quick stop. I get back in, they start going and my car won't start. Steering was in locked position so that was a great couple of days, but it is what it is. Motor was burned out. I have some pics.

Last edited by Adi-Benz; 03-31-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-31-2019, 03:41 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
CLK63 Black
Originally Posted by G_Money
Yeah, no offense, but I don't understand really what your problem is?
Just saying, parts of your post make no sense. What on earth does "So im getting choked then wham car dies." mean anyway? Just not sure how you negotiate any type of contract with that level of coherence. Maybe have a friend help.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 amg
Originally Posted by Adi-Benz
Ok so, no offense, but the way you typed that out, it was like the entire post was one sentence. Maybe it's just me.

Anyways, technically some of those problems are considered 'misuse' such as the soda exploding...so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't covered by warranty.

Yes, you can pull the parts off a scrap car.

Find a paintless dent repair (PDR) shop near you and see if they can fix the dent. The one with the paint scraped off though, they won't do, you have to find someone else.

For the record, I just did the steering lock last week and spent only $25 repairing the whole system, dealer $1500+. If you're handy with cars you can save a lot of money. However the car was down for a couple of days, so I was using another one of ours. Other people might not have any other cars, so I could see this being an issue.
are you serious? I coulda did that? My car was at mercedes a week! Didnt even give me a car. Ive spent like 20k easy on brakes tires service ect
my fault for not checking here and i didnt have a choice anyway it happened on a busy highway and it was real bad , new years eve too no one would come. I flagged one down and the guy was amazing. 2am and he dropped right into mercedes lot and drove me home. M

my windows were down and car was dead but i swear i seen someone roll up windows with a key on a volkswagon so i tried and with no power it worked lol

Originally Posted by Ron Olson
Just saying, parts of your post make no sense. What on earth does "So im getting choked then wham car dies." mean anyway? Just not sure how you negotiate any type of contract with that level of coherence. Maybe have a friend help.
i mean im getting pissed at all of the sudden breakdowns especially directly after i get my car back and they say they inspected it. And 30k something miles is nothing. Then Im all happy to get it back and WHAM it dies in same senario haha. No need to be rude or question my competence. I guarantee its higher then yours.

And i dont ask my buddy with shop cause he sold it. Cant believe he did that , he inherited it. It was running for 50 years and a very popular little shop wich was trusted.

Now its a gong show according to reviews and my buddy cause his family owns the entire lot of buildings. He is broke now pretty much except a house he bought.
I was gonna buy it. I offered him a million for it with all the workers equipment ect and his sister to help for a year and i was gonna get one of my business partners to go halfers and run it as we have a few together. Was exited to get such a established place already running cause i hate starting new stuff lol. Its a fight to start breaking even.
Freaking guy sold it when i was on vacation for 690k
it was worth way more.

Thank you guys so much thats amazing what you can save if you know what to do im gonna look into this.
What about my seat rail? Thats a massive $2800 for part and fix. Where would i inquire about that?

Old 04-01-2019, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast

The following 2 users liked this post by BLKROKT:
BLKSHRK (04-01-2019), sarchib (04-01-2019)
Old 04-01-2019, 04:55 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
C63 AMG
You were going to buy a shop for one million dollars but think that soda jamming a seat rail should be fixed by warranty, and have no idea how to go about fixing it? Hmm seems like something isn’t right.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 128 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV

sarchib (04-01-2019)
Old 04-01-2019, 06:13 PM

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts
2016 GTs, 2014 C63 AMG and 2014 C350 Sport (wife's car, she thinks it's an AMG - shhhhhh)
sarchib (04-01-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 10:35 AM

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts
2012 C63, 2014 E550
I sense an epic thread brewing.... subscribed