Sponsored by:

Thinking of going FI. Need feedback on WEISTEC stage 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 08:50 PM

Received 161 Likes on 90 Posts
c63
Thinking of going FI. Need feedback on WEISTEC stage 2

What’s up guys. So I’m contemplating pulling the trigger on a stage 2 kit. Getting sick of filling the bottle all the time. And realize the cams are a waste of time..

Need feedback on how reliable these kits are. And if they throw belts, over heat etc. don’t want a headache

I’ve searched haven’t found much on reliability wise. Except one guy have an issue with his... https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...e-concern.html

Also, the stage 2 utilizes the stock CC injectors... not sure how I feel on that....

any real long long term feedback would be great.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,670 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Not a Stage 2, but I believe Merc63 has some absurd amount of problem-free km on his hard-driven Stage 3 Weistec. Maybe 60k? They seem to be pretty reliable. I can only remember one guy who had to get the snout rebuilt and it was never quite right.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,670 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Originally Posted by PeterA90
I’ve searched haven’t found much on reliability wise. Except one guy have an issue with his... https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...e-concern.html
Yep that was the thread I was thinking of. There was also a guy selling a rebuilt charger 2yrs ago that had snout issues.

There are a lot of pro-Weistec responses there. You have to remember they were going through a messy divorce right about then so service and communication was all messed up. Think that ship has been righted now. I don’t think there’s ever really been a question on the quality or durability of their product, and people seem to love the new Gen 3 Whipple.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:50 PM

c63
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Yep that was the thread I was thinking of. There was also a guy selling a rebuilt charger 2yrs ago that had snout issues.

There are a lot of pro-Weistec responses there. You have to remember they were going through a messy divorce right about then so service and communication was all messed up. Think that ship has been righted now. I don’t think there’s ever really been a question on the quality or durability of their product, and people seem to love the new Gen 3 Whipple.
Thanks Jim for the response. Your probably right. Everyone told me the Gen 3 is badass. Just not trying over complicate this car and worry if the blower takes a ****
Old 08-14-2019, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 300 Likes on 193 Posts
10 C six trizzle
Magnuson kit was the best one since it didn't use the stock belt drive. Ess would place second, then weistec as far as stage 2. I'd highly recommend using the factory power steering reservoir as well and relocating it. It is far superior to the one provided in those kits. If you're MCT you'll be fine. If you're torque converter you'll be rebuilding the transmission every 30k mi or so if you drive it hard. The biggest problem with any of these cars is crappy technicians and installations. Is it hard? no, but people are dumb. Most of these "performance shops" have 10$/hr children working in them that are clueless and sloppy.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:56 AM

c63
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
Magnuson kit was the best one since it didn't use the stock belt drive. Ess would place second, then weistec as far as stage 2. I'd highly recommend using the factory power steering reservoir as well and relocating it. It is far superior to the one provided in those kits. If you're MCT you'll be fine. If you're torque converter you'll be rebuilding the transmission every 30k mi or so if you drive it hard. The biggest problem with any of these cars is crappy technicians and installations. Is it hard? no, but people are dumb. Most of these "performance shops" have 10$/hr children working in them that are clueless and sloppy.
Hey bud,

Thank you for the info. Unfortunately magnuson discontinued the kit. And I remember reading something about weistec POS power steering...
Old 08-15-2019, 02:21 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
If you are going Stage 2 supercharger...from my experience on these forums I'd direct you to going with a Stage 3 supercharger. There was a sale on these not too long ago as well.

Magnuson was probably discontinued due to lack of interest. That thing is very expensive and came in after the big spenders already had a supercharger from another brand. Hard to bring in a product to the market that is marginally better at a much higher cost.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com

Trending Topics

Old 08-15-2019, 03:16 PM

c63
Originally Posted by hachiroku
If you are going Stage 2 supercharger...from my experience on these forums I'd direct you to going with a Stage 3 supercharger. There was a sale on these not too long ago as well.

Magnuson was probably discontinued due to lack of interest. That thing is very expensive and came in after the big spenders already had a supercharger from another brand. Hard to bring in a product to the market that is marginally better at a much higher cost.
Why stage 3?
Old 08-15-2019, 04:00 PM

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts
2012 C63 P31 Sedan
Mainly because the Stage 3 comes with the larger 3.0L blower, whereas the Stage 2 uses a smaller 2.3L and is essentially maxed out. If you were to go with the Stage 2 and wanted more in the future, you're basically stuck having to swap it all out for the larger unit.

Another alternative is the ESS, which actually uses the same Gen 3 Whipple as the Weistec Stage 3, albeit running a larger pulley (less boost)
Old 08-15-2019, 04:39 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
at higher power levels a larger blower will be more efficient than a smaller one being spun faster. If you're going for a stage 2 you might as well go with a stage 3 and run lower boost levels which will limit your intake temperatures. lower intake temperatures will return more power and less chance of detonation...the price difference is enough to warrant the addition of more power and ability for expandability. the Whipple has been pushed to crazy HP numbers by Weistec and others.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com