Battery drain. Canīt see that car takes a lot of current

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 06:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Battery drain. Canīt see that car takes a lot of current

Hi

My C63 has an issue that if it sits for 3-4 days it is totally dead. Canīt even open the doors. Must do it manually. If i let the battery be not connected it does not drop much for 3-4 days

I have read a lot about it and i have tried to measure the current it consumes when it is locked. The first minutes it takes around 5 A but after that it goes down to 0,04 A. I have watched it like that for 2 hours. Looking every 10-15 minutes and every time it takes 0,04 A which i think is good. But still the battery is dead after 3-4 days.

The battery is a 100Ah and about 6 months old

When battery is fully charged it can be around 13,1 volts after 24 hours after charging which sounds high, donīt know if it is good or bad to have that high voltage.

If i start the car it drops for one second to around 10,5 and then up again. So it donīt seems to weak when car is demanding power either.

I have read something about a faulty light switch draining batteries. But should that not be shown when i measure the battery?

I am soon going crazy about this

So if someone have any idea what it can be please let me know

Thanks
Old 09-03-2019, 06:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Changed the light switch to auto from 0. And now it seems to work. Had it sitting for 7 days and could now start the car. Before it would bo dead after around 4 days.

Strange cause i could bot measure any difference when i changed between 0 and auto