Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS and ESP Currently Unavailable See Operator's Manual

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 07:07 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
C63S Coupe
Can confirm its Voltage that's causing ABS and power steering to go out for me .

Displayed voltage this morning dropped to 10.6V on crank/startup then goes up to 14.6/7, then during drive fluctuates between 12.9V and 13.1V. After 20km, dash lights up with EBD, ABS, ESP inoperative and run flat indicator inoperative. Power steering is gone. Turned the car off and on, all errors go away but come back as soon as I hit 20km/hr

I drove without ABS and power steering for 10 minutes, pulled over then restarted. This time voltage did not drop below 11V during start up. All errors on dash are gone and don't come back after exceeding 20km/hr.

If I leave the car overnight - issues return. Does this mean:

1. My new battery is faulty

2. Something wrong with alternator

3. Something is draining my battery causing low voltage overnight?

Old 09-02-2021, 02:22 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
I had the same warning flash up. Scanner showed all wheel sensors were good, but ESC module at fault. cleared codes, same thing came back. Dealer changed out module under warranty, no problems since then, been 3 months.
Old 09-02-2021, 02:32 PM

Received 98 Likes on 62 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Ragunarok
Can confirm its Voltage that's causing ABS and power steering to go out for me .

Displayed voltage this morning dropped to 10.6V on crank/startup then goes up to 14.6/7, then during drive fluctuates between 12.9V and 13.1V. After 20km, dash lights up with EBD, ABS, ESP inoperative and run flat indicator inoperative. Power steering is gone. Turned the car off and on, all errors go away but come back as soon as I hit 20km/hr

I drove without ABS and power steering for 10 minutes, pulled over then restarted. This time voltage did not drop below 11V during start up. All errors on dash are gone and don't come back after exceeding 20km/hr.

If I leave the car overnight - issues return. Does this mean:

1. My new battery is faulty

2. Something wrong with alternator

3. Something is draining my battery causing low voltage overnight?
Mines the same. I drove it with all faults on/no power steering for 2 weeks. One morning I fired it up and it went back to normal.. been good for a month