Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Renntech experience from a w204 perspective

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2020 | 12:49 PM

W204 c63
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
The guy has a $20k tune and headers and wants to race everyone now. Cute.
dude are you for real? Lol, have any friends in real life? Oh you live in LA, so no.

Last edited by Weapon507; 07-09-2020 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-09-2020 | 12:51 PM

W204 c63
[QUOTE=BLKROKT;8102041]The guy has a $20k tune and headers and wants to race everyone

Anyone plainly sees the people here who use forums to spew unhelpful negativity thx for showing yourself, sorry to dare to express our own ideas in your little bastion of control and elitism lol. Or maybe you just had to read a little more than you are used to and found yourself frustrated by no new knowledge to yourself in this thread, such is the life of forum fascist like yourself, self-chosen....cute.

Last edited by Weapon507; 07-09-2020 at 03:00 PM.
Old 07-09-2020 | 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Originally Posted by Weapon507
dude are you for real? Lol, have any friends in real life?
typical lonely forum crawler, you respect people more who don't put up? Lol

Anyone plainly sees the people here who use forums to spew unhelpful negativity thx for showing yourself
Don’t get mad at me for pointing out, correctly, that you got ripped off. You sound like a clown.
Old 07-09-2020 | 01:03 PM

W204 c63
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Don’t get mad at me for pointing out, correctly, that you got ripped off. You sound like a clown.
I think the clown moniker is more befitting the know-it-all who chose w204 as a track car lol. Bad choice for anything other than a street car. It is obvious this forum is a control freak thing for you, ruins it for others despite the info you spread.

You are exactly like the guy who owns renntech lol

Last edited by Weapon507; 07-09-2020 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-09-2020 | 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Lolol he wants to fight! I’m so scared!

Old 07-09-2020 | 01:06 PM

c63
I think the clown moniker is more befitting the know-it-all who chose w204 as a track car lol. Bad choice for anything other than a street car. It is obvious this forum is a control freak thing for you, ruins it for others despite the info you spread.
how can you say that after you spent 20k and only making 480 whp...

The following 2 users liked this post by PeterA90:
BLKROKT (07-09-2020), KXC (09-28-2020)
Old 07-09-2020 | 01:07 PM

W204 c63
Originally Posted by PeterA90
how can you say that after you spent 20k and only making 480 whp...
you haters are so funny. Car is as fast as yours, with nicer parts, but it lacks the extra tq they advertised, you fools will spin anything if you yhink you can tilt someone lol, try again
Old 07-09-2020 | 01:08 PM

W204 c63
is this why no one shares any real info here any more ?

Last edited by Weapon507; 07-09-2020 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-09-2020 | 01:11 PM

W204 c63
20k was everything not power parts only, so quit manipulating things to your argumentative favor

Last edited by Weapon507; 07-09-2020 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-09-2020 | 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
You are so offended... why? Because it’s true. You spent an absurd amount of money for what you got but you are worried because the dyno doesn’t say what renntech claimed ? Yes they do look pretty (not the headers... sorry but mbh and arh are both better than the renntech pieces)
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2020 | 01:16 PM

W204 c63
I willingly put up all info.. obviously blkrokt post was just garbage to troll, not a single meaningful word.

Last edited by Weapon507; 07-09-2020 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-09-2020 | 01:20 PM

c63
You sound like a stroke know it all with a blemished airbox lol good luck bro not everyone is as smart as you
BLKROKT (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2020 | 01:30 PM

W204 c63
Originally Posted by PeterA90
You sound like a stroke know it all with a blemished airbox lol good luck bro not everyone is as smart as you
is that why you were in my inbox literally seconds after I alluded to an issue with renntech in an unrelated post the other day? Bc you are not a hater with bad intentions from the jump? Come on man! Lol wow.

Last edited by Weapon507; 07-09-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-09-2020 | 01:43 PM

c63
is that why you were in my inbox literally seconds after I alluded to an issue with renntech in an unrelated post the other day? Bc you are not a hater with bad intentions from the jump? Come on man! Lol wow.
ok. I asked a simple question. Not hating on anything. Just comical on how much you spent for gains that can be had under 4-5k. Anyway this thread is a waste of time. Good luck
Old 07-09-2020 | 02:19 PM

W204 c63
Peter,
don't forget this compliment you paid the renntech airboxes in the other thread, you must not hate all renntech airboxes, just mine?! Woops

Old 07-09-2020 | 02:23 PM

c63
Peter,
don't forget this compliment you paid the renntech airboxes in the other thread, you must not hate all renntech airboxes, just mine?! Woops
yes just yours. I like @BLKROKT renntech airbox better. No blemishes.
The following 6 users liked this post by PeterA90:
BLKROKT (07-09-2020), INS1GNIA (07-10-2020), loungn14 (07-09-2020), Ludedude (07-09-2020), toddc63 (07-11-2020), Weapon507 (07-09-2020) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-09-2020 | 02:24 PM

W204 c63
Overall conclusion: renntech's advertised tq advantage in their R3 tune (over competitors tunes) seems to be a marketing ploy as they could not come close to replicating it on my car. Otherwise the tune works well and behaves well. Their hard parts are pricey and nicer than most but will not gain you power over other options. If I were advising someone else i might skip the renntech headers and tbs, use cheaper lth, and put the savings toward coilovers.

Mechanics are great, sales guy tries hard to solve problems (but did not replace airbox), do not bother sending any question or complaint to owner.

Their company attitude of not allowing customers to use other lsd or susp options that make more financial.sense might lose them.my future business though, we shall see.

Last edited by Weapon507; 07-09-2020 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-09-2020 | 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
With regard to the M156 platform, the one real advantage RT appears to offer over others is a tuning solution that makes power without compromising factory smoothness.

Their air box, while nice, seems unnecessary...especially since you can recreate most of the benefit with OE Mercedes parts at a fraction of the cost.
Old 07-09-2020 | 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Given the tone of this thread I know that this post probably wont be well received so right up front I want you to know I'm not trying to put your down here or be brash. Simply just putting it how it is.

First, do you have the dyno numbers from your car in stock form? And if so, was this done on the same dyno?

Second, coming from a vette and into a c63 I would figure that by now you'd see aftermarket companies will just throw up advertised numbers to get you to buy and it worked as they have plenty of outs if your car in particular falls short. This is an assumption really but it wouldn't surprise me if those advertised numbers are factually true on another car with potentially small differences like secondary cat deletes, lsd, quality of gas, etc despite what renntech may be telling you which would certainly explain why you are just shy of what's advertised. They are likely just making up a drivetrain loss percentage and applying that figure to the strongest car they've had in house but again that is admittedly an assumption, but common. And yes, cars, especially ones with hand built engines, are going to vary.

Third, I would recommend you stop trying to race everyone under the sun in different c63's and race yourself. Meaning, get your car on a track. Don't have access to one then do the next best thing and get something like a Dragy or Vbox and find yourself a nice, flat, safe road to run your car yourself. If I had a dollar for every time I've seen the "but the dyno said this" argument here I'd have 10 c63's. Drag slip data will tell you a lot more about your car than a dyno and most certainly it'll tell you more than racing someone else's c63 because on top of racing that car you are also racing that driver. The only thing dyno's are really good for (IMO) is making noise and telling you how much you have gained from the start and not necessarily a very good indicator of how your car will perform in the real world.

Fourth, I fully understand that you are in a tough position and want to be kind to Renntech, and it's a hard pill to swallow, but if I were you I'd be pissed at Renntech if they've handled things the way you say they have. Especially with the airboxes which at the end of the day are more of a show piece than a performance piece so I'd be upset that they put a band aid over the scuff on their product that failed. When you pay that premium for Renntech you aren't necessarily paying solely for their tech / proprietary goods but also you should be getting what was once considered one of the better customer service experiences. Over the years that has simply faded as others have stepped their game up as well but I'm not going to get into the who's there because I don't want to come off like I'm pushing another company. Renntech is not reinventing the wheel here and at the end of the day people sell just as good if not better parts that are going to push the envelope further than Renntech as Renntech has always been considered to be somewhat conservative which is why they are able to offer the types of warranty they do. On the other hand, the numbers you are putting down really are pretty much average and expected especially considering how you have your car setup and I actually argue that they did deliver on their products.

The bottom line here should be where do you go from here and I'm telling you that we need to know what numbers your car was putting down in stock form (if on the same dyno) but even better would be if you could get 1/4 mile data. I would also do as others have said and disconnect the battery overnight and get a quality tank of gas in there.

Which brings me to this quote...

is this why no one shares any real info here any more ?
People here have actually compiled a ton of great info on this car over the years and you should've (hopefully?) stopped in here before you dropped $20k+ on your car. Furthermore, just because you don't like what you are hearing doesn't mean the info isn't real or any good.

If you want to be pushing the envelope and have one of the faster c63's on the road then I'm telling you that you are with the wrong company. I'm sorry, and we have all made our mistakes (me included on my first c63 which is why my second was so much better) but that's just the way it is. And I fully understand that that really isn't what you want to hear because you essentially have to make the decision to live with your car as it is or eat the $20k and head in a different direction when it comes to performance. As far as regular maintenance it can be difficult to find a mechanic you like so if you like the Renntech mech and have a good relationship with them they can certainly tackle your regular maintenance needs with ease and I would trust them with that without a doubt, but you're likely still paying that Renntech premium even for that.

At the end of the day I would still be thankful that your car seems to be running smoothly. But with that said, I wouldn't just brush off that bucking or the CEL because with Renntech you are supposed to be trading conservatism for a factory type of performance, power delivery, and reliability. I would also keep an eye on the CEL as you've only gone 50 miles since it went away but it could've just been cleared and not run through a cycle yet so I wouldn't be surprised if it popped back up.

I want to drive home again (given the tone of this thread) that I'm really not trying to be brash here because lord knows it succckkkksss feeling like you wasted thousands of dollars or at least didn't get the most for your money and made a poor choice. I've been in a similar boat where with my first AMG I went with convenience like you did in terms of location of who I was working with. And I can't be mad at the people I went with because the car did do what they said it would do and was problem free. Just after digging around I found it wasn't the best. That's why, on my 3rd AMG, I literally traveled to a different country and ended up with an absolute monster that performed in the top 10% of the model I had.

Anyways. Please get us some stock dyno numbers if you have them and definitely look into getting us some 1/4 mile numbers and we will be able to do a much better job determining if your car is where it should be or not.
loungn14 (07-09-2020)
Old 07-10-2020 | 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
Honestly OP a lot of this stuff is par for the course with a lot of aftermarket tuning work... Par for the course at like $4000-6000...

For $20,000 or more, you should not have had to make a post like this. They should have given you full piece of mind. It seems like at this point they ar resting on the laurels, and i think the situation you encountered with the air box and brace is paradigmatic of that. They know they messed up and they didn't care. They were perfectly happy to let you go home unsatisfied, and even give them a poor review. They don't care. Honestly for what they charge for that air box and brace I'd have been in there flipping tables over. And for $20k I don't care what the **** the owner is doing you get face time for that.

I'm sorry you got ripped off man. I'd go back, tell them to take their stuff off, flash it back to stock, and get your money back. If you want premium tuning service better to go with someone like Kleemann or Weistec, clearly.

Last edited by G_Money; 07-10-2020 at 02:16 AM.
Old 07-10-2020 | 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

10 C six trizzle
Renntech stuff while generally over priced is usually of quality. I wonder if those dyno numbers advertised were based on tuning done in germany. They have different fuel there from us, much higher quality. I do think their after sales support is somewhat crappy but being that they are so close by it doesn't sound like a problem. It is odd a 507 would come without an LSD but whatever there are always a few oddballs out there. Dyno's will be dynos. stop getting stuck on 20tq too low or whatever. That doesn't matter. I've seen cars make less power on the same dyno and destroy another car on the street that dyno'd higher on the same dyno. Dyno isn't a real world load simulation. Just enjoy the car. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Odd you went 10mm wider in the rear and not the front too. Maybe look into some girodisc lighter weight brake rotors next? No idea why you'd prefer to stay n/a but it's your car as long as you enjoy it.
Old 07-10-2020 | 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450
I don’t know why your complaining. You made 480 hp and 430 wtq to the wheels. Every car and every dyno is different. Those are very good numbers for an all motor car on pump gas 93. Race gas or e85 will net you more. There is not a whole lot more you can get from these cars. I would be happy with those numbers. Did you spend a lot to get there maybe but to each their own. At least you know the quality is good.
Old 07-10-2020 | 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 C63 AMG P31
@OP, if it really comes down to it, buy another Renntech intake system and swap it out with the damaged one. Not saying this will remedy the overall status of things, but I know that intake system is not cheap and I would be pissed about that too.
Old 07-10-2020 | 11:42 AM

W204 c63
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
Renntech stuff while generally over priced is usually of quality. I wonder if those dyno numbers advertised were based on tuning done in germany. They have different fuel there from us, much higher quality. I do think their after sales support is somewhat crappy but being that they are so close by it doesn't sound like a problem. It is odd a 507 would come without an LSD but whatever there are always a few oddballs out there. Dyno's will be dynos. stop getting stuck on 20tq too low or whatever. That doesn't matter. I've seen cars make less power on the same dyno and destroy another car on the street that dyno'd higher on the same dyno. Dyno isn't a real world load simulation. Just enjoy the car. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Odd you went 10mm wider in the rear and not the front too. Maybe look into some girodisc lighter weight brake rotors next? No idea why you'd prefer to stay n/a but it's your car as long as you enjoy it.
I want to keep car n.a. because I feel it will be more reliable for the things i want to do with it. full length blue ridge pkw drives, etc and I am not willing to do a widebody or the things it would take to get enough tire for a supercharged application.

10mm larger in rear and stock width front r888 bc i wanted as much bite in the rear as i could get with zero chance of rub, r888 compound is sticky enough when hot, car was set to run top speed at kennedy space center on those tires and I saw no benefit to wider fronts for that or roll racing.
Old 07-10-2020 | 11:45 AM

W204 c63
Originally Posted by AMGonFire
I don’t know why your complaining. You made 480 hp and 430 wtq to the wheels. Every car and every dyno is different. Those are very good numbers for an all motor car on pump gas 93. Race gas or e85 will net you more. There is not a whole lot more you can get from these cars. I would be happy with those numbers. Did you spend a lot to get there maybe but to each their own. At least you know the quality is good.
Both complaining and informing about the lack of any answer about r2 torque value with r3 tune from them (which was their claimed added value) and questionable after install service via the damaged airbox.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Renntech experience from a w204 perspective