Sponsored by:

MCT WET CLUTCH SLIPPING?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 06:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63
MCT WET CLUTCH SLIPPING?

Have an odd problem where im coasting in higher gears at 60-70 keeping gas pedal steady and revs up 500 and then down... also very sluggish off the line in C S S+ and M only two issues its having right now. A bit over do on trans service but doubt itd do this, just trying to figure out if i need a clutch or not. Also have to double tap gas when putting in drive sort of feeling like a dct when put into gear...

Old 09-07-2020, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 905 Likes on 635 Posts
E63S | X5
If the car idles fine when it's not under load or just in park my money would be on low tranny fluid and that would be where I started and not completely lose my chit thinking the tranny is on it's way out.

If the car does not idle correctly my money is on throttle body / PCV / vacuum leak.

But it sounds like you only run into this when cruising at speed? What exactly is "a little over due" on the tranny service? We talking a few hundred miles here or 10,000? Does it slip around when you give it a little gusto?
Old 09-07-2020, 07:09 PM

c63
5k miles. And the car idles completely fine brother.

QUOTE=CarHopper;8151784]If the car idles fine when it's not under load or just in park my money would be on low tranny fluid and that would be where I started and not completely lose my chit thinking the tranny is on it's way out.

If the car does not idle correctly my money is on throttle body / PCV / vacuum leak.

But it sounds like you only run into this when cruising at speed? What exactly is "a little over due" on the tranny service? We talking a few hundred miles here or 10,000? Does it slip around when you give it a little gusto?[/QUOTE]
Old 09-07-2020, 07:10 PM

c63
only very sluggish off the line as if its juttering and does the other thing at cruising speed. Other than that completely fine... Just doesnt feel as smooth as it should feel.

Originally Posted by CarHopper
If the car idles fine when it's not under load or just in park my money would be on low tranny fluid and that would be where I started and not completely lose my chit thinking the tranny is on it's way out.

But it sounds like you only run into this when cruising at speed? What exactly is "a little over due" on the tranny service? We talking a few hundred miles here or 10,000? Does it slip around when you give it a little gusto?
Old 09-07-2020, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 905 Likes on 635 Posts
E63S | X5
Well the good news is you are due for a service that could potentially be the culprit so I'd start there. Worst case scenario it wasn't it but you at least have that tranny service out of the way for a while.

Not familiar with this issue though and haven't really seen it here before so don't want to just start spit balling here too much and send you down the wrong path especially because something like this can have multiple causes.