Plans for the C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 04:16 AM

Received 166 Likes on 84 Posts
C63 AMG
Plans for the C63

Howdy Fellas,

I hope that you have all been doing okay in these interesting times.

Now that my work situation has somewhat returned to normal, and the restrictions where i live have somewhat lifted and returned to pre-covid conditions, I feel a bit more comfortable with doing some more work to my car(like i had planned before everything went **** up).
My current set up is a basic resonator delete and tune on a 2011 PFL sedan with 117K kms(72k miles). I plan on keeping this car for the foreseeable future.

My current thoughts are on getting a set of MBH long tubes on it(once they are cerakoted) and running it as either a catless system(no primary's or secondary's) or with a set of high flow 100/200 cell cats installed if the noise/smell becomes an issue.
I have emailed and PM'd MBH motorsports regarding a potential group buy, and i am still awaiting a reply.

I had plans on replacing the engine and trans mounts with ECE units, but alas they are out of stock with no ETA on a new run. Bummer. I know VRP speed makes something similar. Are they decent quality? Or should I wait until ECE has some in stock?

Whilst I am in there, I was planning on replacing the pulleys and belts for my own piece of mind, as well as the cam adjuster. I have seen the thread about several people making their own versions out of harder material that is more durable than OEM. Seems like an interesting proposition which I will explore further. Has anyone had any experience with the VRP speed idler pulleys and under drive crank pulleys? Vivid racing sells the weistec pulleys and agency power under drive pulley. Which is the better option(Should I go with the Weistec because it's Weistec). Are under drive crank pulleys a worth while modification? The claims of a 10-20hp gain seem almost to good to be true, and perhaps a little inflated. What's the trade off?

Lastly, is anyone running the vrp speed catch can set up? At $359 is seems like a bargain compared to the Weistec one. Any one care to comment on it?

Look forward to the info and criticism.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:08 AM

Received 161 Likes on 90 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by Panzerbiscuit
Howdy Fellas,

Now that my work situation has somewhat returned to normal, and the restrictions where i live have somewhat lifted and returned to pre-covid conditions, I feel a bit more comfortable with doing some more work to my car(like i had planned before everything went **** up).
My current set up is a basic resonator delete and tune on a 2011 PFL sedan with 117K kms(72k miles). I plan on keeping this car for the foreseeable future.

My current thoughts are on getting a set of MBH long tubes on it(once they are cerakoted) and running it as either a catless system(no primary's or secondary's) or with a set of high flow 100/200 cell cats installed if the noise/smell becomes an issue.
I have emailed and PM'd MBH motorsports regarding a potential group buy, and i am still awaiting a reply.

I had plans on replacing the engine and trans mounts with ECE units, but alas they are out of stock with no ETA on a new run. Bummer. I know VRP speed makes something similar. Are they decent quality? Or should I wait until ECE has some in stock?

Whilst I am in there, I was planning on replacing the pulleys and belts for my own piece of mind, as well as the cam adjuster. I have seen the thread about several people making their own versions out of harder material that is more durable than OEM. Seems like an interesting proposition which I will explore further. Has anyone had any experience with the VRP speed idler pulleys and under drive crank pulleys? Vivid racing sells the weistec pulleys and agency power under drive pulley. Which is the better option(Should I go with the Weistec because it's Weistec). Are under drive crank pulleys a worth while modification? The claims of a 10-20hp gain seem almost to good to be true, and perhaps a little inflated. What's the trade off?

Lastly, is anyone running the vrp speed catch can set up? At $359 is seems like a bargain compared to the Weistec one. Any one care to comment on it?

MBH customer response kinda blows. I recommend ARH. Hit up GZIM he’ll get you a great deal. Catted still sounds loud AF and 200 cell still smells a little not bad. I’m using stainless work HFC 200 cell.

I had ECE engine mounts. My poly blew after 10k miles. Trans mount still solid but I advise against it. Even when brand new... I still felt noticeable cabin NVH and that was on street poly. Stick with OEM.

Just buy FCP euro pulley set and replace them for free every other oil change. The gains of an under drive pulley are questionable. Cam adjusters plates still in testing as well...

That vrp generic catch can can be bought for 100 bucks on eBay. You can get fittings from PLM to make your own OCC.
Old 09-25-2020, 11:03 AM

Received 167 Likes on 112 Posts
2009 C63 P30
Originally Posted by PeterA90
I had ECE engine mounts. My poly blew after 10k miles. Trans mount still solid but I advise against it. Even when brand new... I still felt noticeable cabin NVH and that was on street poly. Stick with OEM.
Woah! This is the first I've heard of ECE engine mount issues. Sorry to veer from the OP, but I too have ECE, but with track poly, so I expect the NVH. What did ECE do? Weird flaw or something else?
Old 09-25-2020, 11:16 AM

c63
Originally Posted by Crya
Woah! This is the first I've heard of ECE engine mount issues. Sorry to veer from the OP, but I too have ECE, but with track poly, so I expect the NVH. What did ECE do? Weird flaw or something else?
He took care of the issue and refunded me the engine mounts. Not sure why it happened. The top mounts were solid. Bottom split open and smashed like pancakes.
Old 09-25-2020, 12:17 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
2012 C63 AMG P31, Stage 3 Weistec
Originally Posted by Panzerbiscuit
Howdy Fellas,

I run MBH LT's, mid/X pipe with their 200 Cell cats and there is zero smell. It's really loud when you open it up, but sounds great IMO.
Old 09-25-2020, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Originally Posted by PeterA90
He took care of the issue and refunded me the engine mounts. Not sure why it happened. The top mounts were solid. Bottom split open and smashed like pancakes.
Thats crazy. Did you have the 40A or 60A? Did Ahmed say what the issue was or if it had been seen on other cars?
Old 09-25-2020, 01:46 PM

c63
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Thats crazy. Did you have the 40A or 60A? Did Ahmed say what the issue was or if it had been seen on other cars?
I had the blue inserts. Street. He’s never seen that before he said. He took care of me and is stand up dude.
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (09-25-2020)
Old 09-25-2020, 05:58 PM

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Edition1
MBH Header and High Flow Cats are the way to go. Who else guarantees their car parts for life?! If you want to get discount, just wait till Thanksgiving, they usually have 10% off around Holidays
The following users liked this post:
YYCStage3 (09-25-2020)