Sponsored by:

Dragy results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 02:00 AM

Received 166 Likes on 84 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGonFire
not normal for a tune to stock dyno run. Something is either wrong with the tune or your car. Do a leak down and compression test. If good check your timing and adjusters. If good get a different tune. But your stock dyno number is def lower than most.
I spoke to the guy who tuned my car about my issues and concerns, and thankfully he is on board and very keen to get to the bottom of the issue. If its software related it should be an easy fix. If it's hardware/mechanical i want to find out ASAP and get it rectified before my engine goes pop.

My engine isn't making any weird noises that may diagnose faulty lifters or cam adjusters. On the hub dyno it made sightly better power at 382whp, which is slightly better. The graphs look good, so it doesn't show the engine pulling timing or misfiring. No weird noises on the dyno either. Im replacing the adjusters with some stronger ones as soon as they land in Aus. Hopefully its a simple problem like a dirty or cracked intake manifold, lowering my octane values.

The tuner is gong to contact Allen for international autohaus in Sydney(the tune author) and we are going to spend half a day at the dyno sorting through the issue by reverting back to stock, doing a run, loading up the tune and trouble shooting from there.

In the meantime, ive also ordered a HP tuners handheld and when that arrives Hachiroku and I will sort through the files and he can see whats going on. As i have no idea what goes on with tuning. Its all witchcraft to me! I'm looking forward to jumping on board the Barry Bandwagon and seeing what he can do!
The following users liked this post:
hachiroku (11-12-2020)
Old 11-18-2020, 09:05 AM

Received 166 Likes on 84 Posts
C63 AMG
Howdy Gents,

I thought I would provide you with a bit of an update on my tuning issues for anyone who cares.
My Hptuners MPVI2 arrived yesterday afternoon and after much faffing about getting it all set up, I was finally able to get out and start datalogging!

Barry/Hachiroku was kind enough to provide some insight on my log, and basically reaffirmed my suspicions about my current tune, albeit in a much more detailed way.

I have no idea how to read any of this, so apologies if I am completely off the mark and talking a load of crap.
From the attached pics, it seems like my car is pulling massive timing. To correct for this, the ECU is adding extra fuel on the short and long term trims, 5% and 6% respectively, for a total of 11%. I don't know if this is how you do things, by adding them together, or if 5,6 or 11% are even significant. The short term trims adjust live, however the long term trims lean over time.

At the point that I have 9 degrees of knock retard, long terms are adding 5% and short terms are adding 6%.
It also seems like its adding 15% at idle to reach target....which seems like a lot to me, again, I don't know if that's significant.

Seems odd that I am encountering knock retard at partial throttle, would be interesting to see a WOT log and see what is happening, but I would assume I would also encounter knock retard?

So, the only conclusions I can draw from this with my very basic understanding is. I either have a very major fuel supply issue, or the tune is subpar.
Whatever the case may be, I once again want to thank Barry for his help and insight, he has gone above and beyond for me, and I am very much looking forward to having him work his magic on my car.

At the same point(9 degrees of knock retard) long term trims are adding 5%

9 degrees of knock retard

Short term trims adding 6%